- Mike Gorman & Tommy Heinsohn Return for 38th Season of Celtics on NBC Sports Boston, along with Brian Scalabrine; Abby Chin as Sideline Reporter; and Kyle Draper as Studio Host with contributions from Chris Mannix, Sherrod Blakely & Chris Forsberg
- All Celtics games on NBC Sports Boston will be Live Streamed; NBCSportsBoston.com and @NBCSCeltics to Provide Robust Digital & Social Media Experience for Celtics Fans Throughout the Season
NBA basketball is back and NBC Sports Boston -- the home of the Boston Celtics -- will televise and stream 70 regular season Boston Celtics games during the 2018-19 season, as well as four Pre-Season games. The Celtics pre-season tips off on NBC Sports Boston Friday, September 28th as they face the Charlotte Hornets with coverage beginning at 7PM. The Celtics regular season on NBC Sports Boston will commence with a one-hour Pregame and Postgame show for the season opener on October 16th against the Philadelphia 76ers, followed by live coverage of the battle against the Toronto Raptors in Game 2 on Friday, October 19th beginning at 7:00PM.
With the return of Gordon Hayward, joining key impact players including Kyrie Irving, Jayson Tatum, Al Horford and Jaylen Brown, all led by Coach Brad Stevens, this Celtics team is projected to be one of the top teams in the league this season. NBC Sports Boston’s 2018-19 Celtics broadcast schedule features an abundance of games, including many exclusive, key games for the team, beginning with the network’s pre-season coverage which is presented by Nissan and McDonalds.
In addition to a full game schedule, NBC Sports Boston will return this season with broadcast duo Mike Gorman (@celticsvoice) and Tommy Heinsohn calling games for their 38th season as the network’s primary telecast team on all home games. Fan-favorite Brian Scalabrine (@Scalabrine) returns for his fourth full-time season at the network and will contribute on every Celtics game night. Scalabrine will once again be the color analyst for all road games and primary studio analyst for all home games on Celtics Pre/Postgame Live, in addition to making weekly appearances on Celtics Post Up and other NBC Sports Boston programming. Kyle Draper (@KylerDraperTV) and Abby Chin (@TVAbby) will return to the NBC Sports Boston telecasts this season as studio host and courtside reporter, respectively, and new this season, Chris Forsberg will join Sherrod Blakely on the Celtics Insider beat for the network.
NBC Sports Boston will be the go-to source before and after each game with live Pre and Postgame coverage of every game this season, including national network games. Draper will host Celtics Pregame Live presented by TD Bank at least 30 minutes prior to each game; Halftime Live presented by Ace Ticket; and Celtics Postgame Live presented by New England Ford immediately following each game. Joining Draper in-studio will be a rotating roster of experts including Heinsohn, Scalabrine, Blakely, Forsberg, and NBC Sports and Yahoo’s Chris Mannix.
Prior to the regular season tip-off, NBC Sports Boston will feature a Celtics Season Preview show on Friday, October 12th at 8PM. The show will feature interviews with key members of the team, Celtics executives, and Head Coach Brad Stevens. NBC Sports Boston’s entire Celtics broadcast team will participate as they look ahead at the top stories surrounding both the team and the league heading into the season. Additionally, Celtics Post Up, the network’s weekly Celtics show which brings viewers unfiltered debate, commentary and discussion surrounding the most “talked about” social media driven Celtics/NBA topics of the day, will continue throughout the upcoming Celtics season.
NBC Sports Boston will deliver more Celtics content to social media and NBCSportsBoston.com than ever before on all 82 game days.
Social Media features throughout each gameday will include:
- Real-time social media content coming straight from the arena -- both on-court and behind the scenes
- Live social segments via Facebook Live/Periscope following morning shootarounds and production meetings
- Exclusive clips from the network’s game cameras that will be shared on social and digital platforms
- Robust content via @NBCSCeltics throughout the day inspiring discussion and debate
- A dominant presence across all social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap: @NBCSBoston
NBCSportsBoston.com coverage throughout the season will include:
- 24/7 coverage of all the Celtics action with up-to-the-minute stats, scores, analysis and on-demand clips
- In-depth and exclusive information and articles from Celtics experts, including Insiders Blakely and Forsberg
- Insider information with the Celtics Talk podcast and other network podcasts
- Engaging, topical and discussion-worthy videos and content created specifically for the Celtics fan to inspire ongoing discussion and debate
- Live games, plus Pregame and Postgame shows, streamed live on NBCSportsBoston.com for authenticated NBC Sports Boston subscribers. The Celtics Live Stream is presented by Nissan.
NBC Sports Boston will continue to enhance the Celtics viewing experience for fans both on TV and online. Some of the features that will continue this season include: use of a 3D telestrator which allows viewers to watch 360 degree replays; various camera angles and views from the court; exclusive interviews with players and coaches; “AnnouncerCam” which returns for its fourth season, giving viewers an up-close look at Mike, Tommy and Scal; mic’ed players throughout the season; and advanced analytics on key game metrics throughout each game night.