BURLINGTON, MA, September 5, 2019 - The NFL is back for its 100th season and NBC Sports Boston will once again be the go-to source for coverage of the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots with dedicated Patriots shows every weeknight at 6PM; Pregame Live, Halftime Live, and Postgame Live every gameday; and comprehensive digital coverage on NBCSportsBoston.com and the MyTeams App. Former Patriots Matt Cassel and Ted Johnson will join NBC Sports Boston’s football coverage this season along with the network’s expert on-air talent team.
NBC Sports Boston will bring viewers the most robust offering of coverage of their New England Patriots with fresh Patriots programming every weeknight including: Monday Night Patriots, Quick Slants, New England Tailgate, Patriots Wednesday, Patriots Unfiltered, Football Fix, Pregame Live, Halftime Live, and Postgame Live. Headlining these shows will be some of the best voices in football and television, including Michael Holley, Matt Cassel, Ted Johnson, Tom Curran, Kyle Van Noy, Phil Perry, and Bert Breer, among others.
“We couldn’t be more excited to get the NFL season going with our comprehensive line-up of Patriots programming featuring more current and former NFL players than any other local outlet,” said Princell Hair, Senior Vice President and General Manager of NBC Sports Boston. “We are especially thrilled to welcome NBC Sports Boston’s on-air talent ‘rookies’ Matt Cassel and Ted Johnson who will join our expert gameday talent roster this season -- they will both undoubtedly bring a unique and new perspective to our Patriots and NFL coverage.”
WEEKLY FOOTBALL SHOWS “AT A GLANCE”:
Following is a snapshot of NBC Sports Boston’s weekly Patriots programming line-up:
- *Sunday (or Gameday) – Pregame Live/Halftime Live/Postgame Live
- Monday @6PM - Monday Night Patriots
- Tuesday @6PM – Quick Slants
- Tuesday @8PM – New England Tailgate
- Wednesday @ 6PM – Patriots Wednesday
- Thursday @6PM – Patriots Unfiltered
- Friday @6PM – Football Fix
* Patriots Shows and Gameday coverage shifts when the Pats play on Thursdays/Mondays.
PATRIOTS GAMEDAY COVERAGE – “FOOTBALL DAY IN NEW ENGLAND”:
Football Day in New England presented by your New England Acura Dealers surrounds every Patriots gameday and begins on Sunday, September 8th as the Patriots kick off the season at home against the Steelers. NBC Sports Boston’s gameday coverage will originate from Six String Grill & Stage at Patriot Place for every game.
- Pregame Live, Halftime Live & Postgame Live - Pregame Live will take place two hours prior to every game, once again the only regional television program to do so. Pregame Live will include a detailed preview of the day’s match-up and will be highly interactive with live Facebook, Twitter and NBCSportsBoston.com fan questions answered throughout the show. Halftime Live will be part of every Patriots gameday for the third consecutive season and will once again be the only local live halftime show on television and online. Postgame Live presented by Twin River Casino will also be an interactive platform in which fans can weigh in on that day’s matchup and will run approximately 90-minutes immediately following the game.
- Gameday Talent Team -The talent team will be headlined by Michael Holley, Matt Cassel, Ted Johnson and Bert Breer. NBC Sports Boston’s Tom Curran and Phil Perry will report from inside the stadium along with insight from DJ Bean.
WEEKLY PATRIOTS/NFL PROGRAMMING:
Following are more details on NBC Sports Boston’s football shows:
- Monday Night Patriots (Mondays at 6PM) - Monday Night Patriots presented by John’s Sewer will enter its sixth season on NBC Sports Boston with the season debut on Monday, September 9th. The 30-minute show, hosted by Phil Perry and Ted Johnson, will break down the previous Pats game, plus viewers can watch a rotating roster of Patriots players as guests.
- Quick Slants (Tuesdays at 6PM) - Quick Slants is hosted by Tom Curran who will be joined each week by Patriots’ linebacker Kyle Van Noy. The show is an original production which entails interactive, high-energy and blunt discussion with fans, athletes and NBC Sports Boston talent.
- New England Tailgate (Tuesdays at 8PM) - New England Tailgate presented by Town Fair Tire is in its 21st year and will be hosted by Gary Tanguay, Fred Smerlas and Steve DeOssie. The show provides viewers with highlights and a review of the Patriots’ prior game; preview of their upcoming opponent; play breakdowns on NBC Sports Boston’s touchscreen; predictions and bold commentary.
- Patriots Wednesday (Wednesdays at 6PM) - Patriots Wednesday will air weekly throughout the season. The show provides coverage of the team’s mid-week press conference with Patriots Coach Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and gives fans a preview of the upcoming game. Patriots Wednesday is hosted by Tom Giles with Tom Curran and Phil Perry joining weekly from Foxborough with Patriots player interviews.
- Patriots Unfiltered (Thursdays at 6PM) - Patriots Unfiltered originates from on-location at Gillette Stadium and is hosted by Megan O’Brien along with Paul Perillo and the rest of the Patriots Unfiltered writers and contributors.
- Football Fix (Fridays at 6PM) - Football Fix Presented by Heritage Plumbing -- coming back for its fifth season -- will be hosted by NBC Sports Boston’s BST co-host Danielle Trotta, along with Phil Perry and Marc Bertrand. The show is a fun, light-hearted review of the full week in social media surrounding the Patriots and other NFL storylines, along with analysis and a final breakdown before a weekend of football.
In addition to the above dedicated football programs, NBC Sports Boston will continue to offer fans the most daily and nightly coverage of the Patriots with its full slate of regular programming, digital coverage, and podcasts.
- Daily Studio Shows & Radio Simulcasts - Simulcasts of 98.5 the Sports Hub’s Zolak & Bertrand presented by Awaken 180 and Felger & Mazz, will include significant Patriots coverage. Additionally, Patriots news, debate and opinion will be a primary topic throughout the season on NBC Sports Boston’s Arbella Early Edition and Boston Sports Tonight presented by Town Fair Tire.
- Digital/NBCSportsBoston.com/MyTeams - For robust digital coverage of the Patriots, fans can go to NBCSportsBoston.com where Tom Curran leads the football coverage along with Patriots beat reporter Phil Perry. NBCSportsBoston.com will once again offer daily video updates from practice, full video-on-demand features, and more. Fans can also consume 24/7 Patriots content on the MyTeams app; and additionally can subscribe and download NBC Sports Boston’s football podcasts including the “Tom Curran Patriots Talk Podcast” (formerly The Quick Slants Podcast) to keep up with all the weekly action. NBC Sports Boston will also feature comprehensive Patriots coverage on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @NBCSBoston.