Red Sox

Red Sox

The coronavirus is making its way across the country, and the Boston Red Sox are among its victims.

An unnamed Red Sox minor league player has tested positive for COVID-19, according to The Boston Globe's Alex Speier.

“... It is more likely that he contracted COVID-19 after he left Fort Myers,” the Red Sox said in a statement, via Speier. "Following the advice of healthcare professionals, the club has instructed all players and staff who came into close contact with the affected player to self-quarantine for a period of two weeks.”

While the team says it's more likely the player contracted COVID-19 after he left Fort Myers, Fla., JetBlue Park will be shut down for two weeks.

The unnamed player left the facility on March 15, and tested positive on Monday, according to Speier. 

With some players continued use of the facility over the past week, it wouldn't be surprising if another player is diagnosed with the virus. 

Earlier in spring training, Chih-Jung Liu, 20, a right-handed pitching prospect, was quarantined after arriving in spring training from his native Taiwan.