Chicago, IL (April 24, 2018) – With the Chicago Bears holding the #8 overall pick, NBC Sports Chicago is ready to deliver extensive multi-platform coverage of this week’s massively-anticipated 2018 NFL Draft highlighted by a special “Authentic Fan” Draft Night Party on Thursday night (April 26), live eighth-pick reaction cut-ins during the network’s White Sox & Cubs telecasts, a special remote edition of “SportsTalk Live,” a Draft Night taping of “Beer Money,” “Draft Central” Preview & Recap specials, full-blown digital & social media coverage, and much more! Please note NBC Sports Chicago’s multi-platform 2018 NFL Draft coverage details beginning tomorrow night (Wed, Apr. 25) (all times Central Time):
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25
- 10:30 PM - “NFL Draft Central Preview presented by Coors Light” – Featuring “Bears Postgame Live” host Laurence Holmes & former Bears standout/current Bears PGL analyst Alex Brown, along with veteran Bears/NFL expert Hub Arkush, this half-hour Draft preview special will provide fans with extensive details on all of the options the Bears may take with their first round pick, along with additional discussion on other players to keep an eye on in the later rounds of this weekend’s Draft. (NOTE: Live stream available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the NBC Sports app)
THURSDAY, APRIL 26
5:30 PM – “Authentic Fan” Draft Night Party presented by Coors Light - Buffalo Wings & Rings (3434 S. Halsted St., Chicago – Bridgeport neighborhood)
Draft Party highlights include…
- Special drawing for two (2) to win a trip to the 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival in Canton, OH, which includes tickets to the NFL/Hall of Fame Game featuring the Bears vs. Baltimore (Thu, Aug. 2) and tickets to the Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony featuring the official induction of Bears legend Brian Urlacher (Sat, Aug. 4)
- First 100 fans in attendance to also receive a free “Authentic Fan” stadium blanket
- 5:30 PM - “Beer Money presented by Coors Light” Draft Special taping (featuring hosts Luke Stuckmeyer & Kelly Crull)
- 6:00 PM - Special remote edition of “SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado” (with host David Kaplan, along with Bears/NFL Draft experts) (NOTE: Live stream available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the NBC Sports app)
Additional Draft Night coverage includes…
- Between 8:15-9:00 PM (time approx.) -- Live #8 pick reaction cut-ins during NBC Sports Chicago’s White Sox & Cubs telecasts from the “Authentic Fan” Draft Night Party (featuring commentary from “Bears Postgame Live’s” Laurence Holmes & Alex Brown)
- 11:00 PM - “NFL Draft Central Recap presented by Coors Light” – This half-hour Draft recap special, hosted by Holmes & Brown, will dive into detailed discussion surrounding the Bears first round pick, along with showcasing podium moment highlights from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX, a complete overview of all first round picks and draft night trades, plus – NBC Sports Chicago will also carry interviews with Bears team execs live from Halas Hall. (NOTE: Live stream available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the NBC Sports app)
- NBCSportsChicago.com Bears digital reporter/producer JJ Stankevitz will provide fans with a thorough overview of the Bears top pick, along with additional coverage on how the pick fits into the Bears scheme for 2018 and beyond, plus follow-up content/perspective following Bears GM Ryan Pace session with the media. Upon the conclusion of the Draft on Saturday, Stankevitz will also provide a complete breakdown on what the Bears accomplished in this year’s Draft and all the pro & cons associated with their 2018 picks/trades. For full NFL Draft content and videos, fans are urged to visit the network’s dedicated Bears section at NBCSportsChicago/Bears.
Additional coverage highlights leading up to and throughout the Draft…
- SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Each day leading up to the Draft, NBC Sports Chicago will be posting “On The Clock” and “Players That Bear Watching” features on both NBCSportsChicago.com and @NBCSBears on Twitter. “On The Clock” is a breakdown of all the top first-round prospects and features analysis from NBC Sports NFL Draft expert Josh Norris and Chicago Sun-Times Bears beat reporter Adam Jahns. “Players That Bear Watching” spotlights a number of additional prospects of note that could go in rounds 2-7.
- On Thursday night, fans are also urged to check out a special Facebook Live (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago) segment (starting the moment the 7th pick is on the clock) featuring reaction/commentary from Laurence Holmes and Alex Brown to the Bears’ 8th overall pick in the Draft (to also stream live on NBCSportsChicago.com).
- Fans will be able to find full Draft coverage throughout the weekend on Facebook, Twitter (@NBCSBears) and Instagram (from ‘NBCSChicago’).
- PODCASTS: Fans can look forward to a pair of NFL Draft-specific editions of NBC Sports Chicago’s popular “Under Center PODCAST” this week featuring Holmes, Brown, Stankevitz and additional special guests. Fans can download all of NBC Sports Chicago’s podcasts at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts and simply subscribe to them via Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
- IN THE LOOP presented by GMC: On Sunday night at 10:00 PM, “In the Loop” will recap the entire weekend featuring the top moments of the 2018 NFL Draft including player/front office interviews, social media reaction highlights and much more.