The Bears are back in Chicago and Tom Brady and the Patriots are in town! With a week of practice wrapping up today, here's what's been happening in the lead up to Sunday's Bears-Pats matchup:
- First and foremost, it looks like Khalil Mack is going to play afterall. That's encouraging news, seeing as he didn't practice once this week. Also because he's very good.
- In more surprising news, Allen Robinson has been held out of practice with a groin injury.
- In less surprising news, the Bears are home underdogs this weekend. Never bet against home 'dogs! Right?!
- If you think it feels like a playoff atmosphere at Soldier this weekend, you're not alone. Kyle Long could'nt agree more.
- Those ticket prices, however, are going to look a lot like playoff ticket prices.
- On the Patriots' side of things, it's hard to tell who's hurt, seeing that like half the team is on the injury report.
- Tom Brady will play, though, and there's a lot of comparisons to be made between Brady and Mitchell Trubisky.
- Bill Belichick has been super complimentary of the Bears all week, and that's surely sincere and not at all mind games, nope.
- He wasn't so kind about the Khalil Mack-Lawrence Taylor comparisons, though.
We'd been circling this news all week, and now it's getting closer to reality: late Saturday night, Adam Schefter reported that QB Mitch Trubisky will be under center for the Bears' matchup with the Saints this Sunday:
Trubisky was a full participant in practice from Wednesday to Friday of last week, but had still been listed as questionable up to this point. He returns after dislocating his left shoulder in Week 4 against the Vikings and missing the team's Week 5 loss to the Raiders.
The news comes at a crucial juncture of the season for the Bears, who are currently 3-2 and in third place in the NFC North.
Click here to download the new MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of the Bears.
When the Bears announced their 2019 schedule, we decided to have some puppies reveal the opponents. Now, we have taken it a step further. We have a puppy that will make weekly picks for the Bears games.
It is Week 7!
Walter's choices in Week 7 are a chance to go to Mardi Gras or a celebration of St. Patrick's day in Chicago. Bears fans should be excited about his decision in Week 7... and now we're all looking forward to St. Patrick's Day again!
The 12-week old dachshund was hand-selected by the scouts at NBC Sports Chicago and hails from One Tail at a Time rescue. He came from a shelter in Alabama and was transported to Chicago. At just 7 weeks old and without his mom, he beat a deadly virus and spent some time in the doggie ER, where he healed and became strong again.
Now, Walter is ready to rumble between the well-manicured lines of Sweetness Field. He is NOW adoptable via onetail.org and has two adorable sisters named Martha and Millie, who are already adopted.
Walter will pick the games throughout the NFL season, including the playoffs and we hope that his nose follows the scent to the Bears every week, all the way to that magical game in Miami in February. Narrated by Jason Benetti, play-by-play announcer for the White Sox.
It is time for Puppy Pick ‘Em presented by Nissan.
To learn more: www.onetail.org