First Round Coverage vs. Nashville Predators Begins WEDNESDAY NIGHT (Apr. 15) beginning at 5:30 PM CT; Face-off at 7:30 PM featuring Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk with the game call!
Comcast SportsNet to Air Games 1, 2 & 4 in the Chicago Market (and Games 5 & 7 if nec.);
CSNChicago.com to provide LIVE video stream of EVERY Blackhawks post-game press conference, plus exclusive behind-the-scenes video from team practices and post-game reports from Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers
“SportsNet Central: Blackhawks Playoffs Preview” special airs TONIGHT at 10:30 PM
Chicago, IL (April 13, 2015) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks, is ready to bring fans the thrilling excitement of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs with exclusive first round Western Conference Playoffs action as the Blackhawks take on the Central Division rival Nashville Predators. Comcast SportsNet will be the exclusive television home in the Chicago market to see Games 1 & 2 from the Bridgestone Arena, along with Game 4 from the United Center. If necessary, Comcast SportsNet will also carry Games 5 & 7 from Nashville. Plus, every Comcast SportsNet Stanley Cup Playoff game telecast will also be presented in a high-definition (HD) format.
Comcast SportsNet’s Blackhawks Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage gets underway with Game 1 Wednesday, April 15 at 5:30 PM CT with a special, Blackhawks-focused edition of SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado featuring host David Kaplan with live remote talkbacks from the Bridgestone Arena. Following SportsNet Central presented by Comcast Business at 6:30 PM, fans can look forward to Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live with hosts Pat Boyle and Steve Konroyd at 7:00 PM featuring a complete Game 1 preview, analysis and interviews (NOTE: Former Blackhawks RW Jamal Mayers will join CSN’s surrounding game coverage beginning with Game 2 on Friday, April 17). Opening face-off for Game 1 is set for 7:30 PM featuring Comcast SportsNet’s announcing tandem of Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk with the expert play-by-play and analysis, plus – Comcast SportsNet’s Blackhawks beat reporter Luke Stuckmeyer will provide in-stadium reports throughout the first round for all playoff games. Immediately following all playoff games –Blackhawks Post Game Live presented by Hawk Ford will feature live locker room interviews, detailed analysis, along with head coach Joel Quenneville’s post-game press conference and numerous player interviews. (Comcast SportsNet’s complete First Round coverage schedule is included in this release.)
TONIGHT (Mon, Apr. 13) at 10:30 PM, Blackhawks fans can look forward to a Stanley Cup Playoffs primer with SportsNet Central: Blackhawks Playoffs Preview. This half-hour special, hosted by Pat Boyle and Steve Konroyd, will provide a detailed, inside look at the Blackhawks vs. Predators first round match-up, a recap of every regular season battle against the Predators, along with the very latest player status updates, including Patrick Kane, a look back the past regular season featuring key highlights, plus - player/coaches interviews and an overview of the entire Stanley Cup Playoffs picture with analysis on both conferences.
Throughout the playoffs, viewers are also urged to tune in nightly to SportsNet Central (presented by GMC at 10:00 & 10:30PM and presented by CLR at midnight; times may vary due to airing of live events) for the most in-depth Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage, including game recaps, previews, up-to-the-minute team/player updates, interviews and numerous playoff highlights from around the league.
Also, throughout the playoffs, Comcast SportsNet’s comprehensive website, CSNChicago.com, will provide fans with even more exclusive Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs content including the following:
- CSNChicago.com will stream EVERY Blackhawks postgame press conference LIVE (sponsored by Xfinity) providing insider access to coach Joel Quenneville addressing the media as it happens.
- CSNChicago.com Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers will be on-site -- for EVERY Blackhawks playoff game -- filing stories and video for each game and team practices, plus Myers will provide up-to-the-second Tweets via @TramyersCSN throughout the series, as will CSNChicago.com Blackhawks digital reporter Nina Falcone (@NinaFalcone). Falcone will also provide Blackhawks opponent perspective/reports on days of home games.
- Video highlights from every Blackhawks playoff game, including in-game highlights after each period. Pre-game interviews from morning skates will also be provided, as well as extensive post-game reaction from the locker room and analysis from the “Blackhawks Postgame Live” presented by Hawk Ford team.
- “Blackhawks Pulse presented by AT&T U-Verse,” a one-stop social media hub that reveals the latest trending topics and player buzz from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, “Blackhawks Pulse” aggregates all Blackhawks player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #HawksTalk. For additional 24/7 team updates on Twitter, fans are urged to follow @CSNBlackhawks.
- BlackhawksTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Blackhawks news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. BlackhawksTalk is under the banner of NBC SportsTalk, NBC’s successful digital franchise on NBCSports.com that includes ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, ProBaskteballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and GolfTalkCentral. SportsTalk was extended to CSNChicago.com through the creation of BlackhawksTalk, BullsTalk, CubsTalk, WhiteSoxTalk, BearsTalk, ChiFireTalk, PrepsTalk, IrishTalk and B1GTalk, which contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent.
- CSNChicago.com’s new state-of-the-art “AT&T U-Verse Lounge” to provide expanded Blackhawks playoffs content through daily and weekly shows and segments.
- CSNChicago.com’s Blackhawks content will also be distributed via its digital network of partnerships, including NBCSports.com, NBCNews.com, Yahoo! Sports and Xfinity.com.
- Expanded coverage from Pat Boyle and Luke Stuckmeyer, CSN Chicago’s Blackhawks reporting team will provide pre-game and post-game coverage, along with digital content contribution and videos for CSNChicago.com throughout the playoffs. Follow them on Twitter @CSNBoyle and @LukeStuckmeyer.
- CSNChicago.com and ChicagoBlackhawks.com will collaborate in content creation and distribution throughout the playoffs to provide fans in-depth player interviews and features plus behind-the-scenes access to everything going on and off-the-ice within the Blackhawks organization.
Note the following first round schedule of games and additional coverage information on Comcast SportsNet:
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS vs. NASHVILLE PREDATORS on COMCAST SPORTSNET
* Game 1: Wed, April 15, 7:30 PM – Blackhawks at Predators (Bridgestone Arena)
(NOTES: Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage on Comcast SportsNet begins at 5:30 PM with a special Blackhawks-focused edition of SportsTalk Live hosted by David Kaplan, which will be followed by SportsNet Central at 6:30 PM; Blackhawks Pregame Live airs at 7:00 PM & Blackhawks Postgame Live will immediately follow the game; which will be then followed by an expanded edition of SportsNet Central with even more comprehensive Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage; game replay at 11:00 PM on CSN+HD)
-- IMPORTANT BULLS NOTE: The Bulls vs. Atlanta game (originally scheduled to air on Comcast SportsNet) will now move to CSN+/CSN+HD (coverage begins at 6:30 PM; viewers urged to visit CSNChicago.com for exact channel locations in their area).
* Game 2: Fri, April 17, 8:30 PM – Blackhawks at Predators (Bridgestone Arena)
(NOTES: SportsTalk Live at 5:30 PM; SportsNet Central at 6:30 PM; special-one edition of Blackhawks Pregame Live at 7:30 PM/Blackhawks Postgame Live after the game; followed by an expanded edition of SportsNet Central with even more comprehensive Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage; game replay at 12:30 AM on CSN)
* Game 3: Sun, April 19 at approx. 4:30 PM – ‘Blackhawks Post Game Live’ on Comcast SportsNet
* Game 4: Tue, April 21, 8:30 PM – Blackhawks vs. Predators (United Center)
(NOTES: SportsTalk Live at 5:30 PM; SportsNet Central at 6:30 PM; Blackhawks Pregame Live at 8:00 PM/Blackhawks Postgame Live after the game –both shows live from the United Center; followed by an expanded edition of SportsNet Central with even more comprehensive Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage; game replay at 12:30 AM on CSN)
-- IMPORTANT WHITE SOX NOTE: The White Sox vs. Cleveland game (originally scheduled to air on Comcast SportsNet) will now move to CSN+/CSN+HD (game coverage begins at 7:00 PM; viewers urged to visit CSNChicago.com for exact channel locations in their area).
* Game 5: Thu, April 23 (Time TBD) – Blackhawks at Predators (Bridgestone Arena) (if necessary)
(PRECISE GAME DAY COVERAGE DETAILS ARE TBD)
* Game 6: Sat, April 25 (Time TBD) – ‘Blackhawks Post Game Live’ on Comcast SportsNet (if necessary)
* Game 7: Mon, April 27 (Time TBD) – Blackhawks at Nashville (Bridgestone Arena) (if necessary)
(PRECISE GAME DAY COVERAGE DETAILS ARE TBD)
ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL TIME