10 craziest Dennis Rodman stats throughout his NBA career
10. Only player drafted from Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Dennis Rodman is the only player to reach the NBA after being drafted out of Southeastern Oklahoma State University; the Pistons drafted him in the second round in 1986.
9. Multiple NBA Defensive Player of the Year winner
Rodman is one of ten players to win the NBA Defensive Player of the Year on multiple occasions, winning the award in both 1989-90 & 1990-91
8. One career triple-double
Rodman had one career triple-double ( January 16, 1996) for the Bulls. At age 34, he was at the time the oldest player in Bulls history to record a triple-double. Since then only 35-year old Pau Gasol had done it at an older age.
7. Multiple games with 30+ rebounds
Over the last 30 NBA seasons, there has been 13 games with 30+ rebounds. Dennis Rodman has five of the 13. Nobody else has more than two.
6. Two 7-game streaks of at least 20 rebounds
Rodman had two separate 7-game streaks of at least 20 rebounds, one in Nov-Dec 1992, the other in Feb-Mar 1995.
5. Led the NBA in rebounds per game for seven straight seasons
Rodman led the NBA in rebounds per game for seven consecutive seasons (1991-92 through 1997-98). Nobody else has a streak of leading the league of more than five.
4. Averaged 16.7 rebounds per game while leading NBA
Over Rodman’s seven consecutive seasons leading the NBA in rebounds per game, he averaged 16.7. No player has had 16.7 rebounds per game in a single season since Rodman in 1994-95.
3. At least 20 rebounds in 159 games
From his rookie season (1986-87) through 2019-20, Rodman posted a remarkable 159 regular season games with at least 20 rebounds. Over that span, nobody else has more than 82.
2. One of two players with 5,000+ more career rebounds than points
Rodman is one of two players in NBA history with 5,000+ more career rebounds than points scored. Rodman had 11,954 rebounds and 6,683 points (+5,271). The other is Bill Russell, who had 21,620 rebounds and 14,522 points (+7,098).
1. Still a Hall of Famer despite lack of 20+ point games
Rodman played 1,080 career NBA games (regular season & playoffs combined) and scored 20+ points in a game only 19 times. And STILL carved out a Hall of Fame career.