1. Phoenix Suns — Deandre Ayton, C, Arizona: Best player in the draft, even if at a weird position.
2. Sacramento Kings — Luka Doncic, G/F, Slovenia: International man of mystery has been playing pro ball overseas for years. Perhaps he translates to position-less basketball.
3. Atlanta Hawks — Marvin Bagley, PF, Duke: Obvious pick, but here’s where the fun begins.
4. Memphis Grizzlies — Jaren Jackson, F, Michigan State: Some scouts believe long-term, he’ll be the best player in the draft. Big time upside, versatility.
5. Dallas Mavericks — Michael Porter, F, Missouri: If — and it’s a big if — the medicals check out, the Mavericks can take a chance on the talented wing. If.
6. Orlando Magic — Trae Young, G, Oklahoma: Who knows if Collin Sexton is a better player, but Young brings star power to a franchise in need of it.
7. Chicago Bulls — Mo Bamba, PF/C, Texas: Some scouts see Bamba with better defensive instincts than Ayton. Tempted to reach for a wing, though.
8. Cleveland Cavaliers — Wendell Carter, F/C, Duke: Talented inside scorer overshadowed by more heralded teammate. Sound familiar to this particular franchise?
9. New York Knicks — Miles Bridges, F, Michigan State: Tough and talented swingman who can score from variety of places, attributes Knicks need.
10. Philadelphia 76ers — Mikal Bridges, F, Villanova: Swingman in their own backyard too much to pass up for up-and-coming 76ers.
11. Charlotte Hornets — Collin Sexton, G, Alabama: Quick, aggressive and still growing into future position. Hornets need a jolt and possible replacement if Kemba Walker departs via trade.
12. Los Angeles Clippers — Robert Williams, F, Texas A&M: Intriguing athletic big man with plenty of upside. But expect the Clippers to dangle this pick and the next one.
13. Los Angeles Clippers — Kevin Knox, F, Kentucky: Versatile forward with ability to hit a shot and get a shot. Not as common as it seems.
14. Denver Nuggets — Lonnie Walker, G, Miami: Can he play right away on a team with playoff aspirations? Could be a project of sorts given his age, but plenty of gifts that could develop.