Bears

Clash with former coaches doesn’t change Kendall Wright’s confidence

Clash with former coaches doesn’t change Kendall Wright’s confidence

Kendall Wright is out to make sure the Tennessee Titans regret not only letting him leave, but for barely using him in 2016.

The 27-year-old, who signed a one-year deal with the Bears in March, isn’t sure why he was only targeted 42 times last year. But that lack of usage didn’t ding his confidence and only fueled his motivation to show his former team how wrong he thinks they were.

“Everything motivates me,” Wright said. “What motivates me the most is I probably was the best receiver on the Titans roster last year and I was playing, like, 10 plays a game.”

In 2013 — his second year in the league — Wright caught 94 passes for 1,079 yards. It was a breakout year for a guy the Titans drafted 20th overall in 2012, but the Baylor product wasn’t able to build on that success.

Wright’s targets and receptions declined for three consecutive years, going from 93 and 57 in 2014 to 60 and 36 in 2015 to 42 and 29 a year ago. Part of the reason for that decline was a spate of injuries — hamstring, knee, ribs, MCL, hand, ankle, shoulder — but he also clashed with the Titans’ coaching staff toward the end of his time in Nashville. Wright was a healthy scratch for Tennessee’s final game of 2016 and was benched in Week 14 due to tardiness and missed meetings.

“I don’t read anything,” Wright said. “You hear it, you see stuff everywhere, but I don’t really get on my social media and stuff like that because I could care less what anybody has to say.”

The Bears play at Tennessee in Week 3 of preseason play, though Wright isn’t putting any added emphasis on a game that won’t really count for anything. The better way for him to show the Titans how they screwed up would be to produce against everyone else during the regular season.

“They’ll feel it after this year,” Wright said. “They’ll feel some type of way after they see.”  

Report: Former Bears tight end Greg Olsen to call games at Fox after retirement

Report: Former Bears tight end Greg Olsen to call games at Fox after retirement

Former Bears tight end Greg Olsen will reportedly join Fox Sports’s broadcast booth, whenever he calls it quits on his playing career.

The New York Post reports that Olsen and Fox agreed to a contract that would make him Kevin Burkhardt’s partner as the No. 2 analyst for the network, behind Troy Aikman.

Click to download the MyTeams App for the latest Bears news and analysis.

Olsen signed a one-year deal with the Seahawks this year. If he chooses to play beyond 2020, the New York Post says that Fox will wait for him.

Olsen got rave reviews when he called the Cardinals-Giants game last season. He was also popular calling XFL games with Burkhardt.

The only question now, is how much does Olsen have left in the tank before he heads to the booth?


REPORT: Madden 21 rating leaks: Khalil Mack may have lost elite 99-overall status

SUBSCRIBE TO THE UNDER CENTER PODCAST FOR FREE.

Brian Urlacher joins A-Rod, J-Lo and others in bid for New York Mets

Brian Urlacher joins A-Rod, J-Lo and others in bid for New York Mets

You may know Brian Urlacher for a number of different things. Bears legend, billboard icon, that guy whose jersey the obnoxiously loud dude you met at a party was wearing, etc. He contains multitudes. 

But sometime in the near future, apparently, you may know Brian Urlacher as part-owner of the New York Mets: 

Urlacher has joined a group with Travis Kelce, DeMarco Murray, Joe Thomas, Bradley Beal, and Mason Plumlee, all of whom "are part of a group of investors who have joined power couple Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez in a bid to buy the New York Mets." Urlacher's even quoted!

RELATED: 20 For 20: Can Mitch Trubisky Save His Career?

"Being a former athlete and having a chance to be a part of a group trying to purchase a professional team, it's pretty cool," Urlacher told ESPN on Monday. "It's especially cool to be involved with Alex. Alex is the man. You've got Kelce, Joe Thomas, DeMarco Murray. It's great to be in a group with them."

The group has already put in a $1.7 billion bid, presumably from all the revenue that RESTORE has accumulated thanks to their mission of being in every single Chicago sightline possible. There are, in fact, too many punchlines to this story to pick one (ok fine I lied, there's only one way for Bears fans to grow more miserable and that's to adopt the Mets), but just know that I heartily approve of each and every one you decide on.