Patrick Kane extended his point streak to 15 games with an assist in the first period of the Blackhawks' 2-1 overtime loss to the Calgary Flames on Friday night, breaking a personal record set during the 2013-14 campaign.
What's even more impressive are Kane's numbers within the streak and the milestones he's approaching. Let's dive in:
- Kane has 25 points (10 goals, 15 assists) during his streak, which is an average of 1.67 points per game. That's close to double his career average of .987 points per game.
- Kane has more three-point games (3) than zero-point games (2) this season. (S/T: CSN's Christopher Kamka)
- Kane has seven multi-point games during his streak, and leads the NHL with nine.
- Three of Kane's 10 goals turned out to be the game winner, increasing his total to four game-winning goals on the season. He had five game-winners during the entire regular season last year.
- Seven of Kane's 10 goals came in consecutive games, which is also the longest goal streak of his career.
- Kane's career shot percentage is 12.1 percent. During his streak, it's 19.1 percent (10-for-52).
- Kane's 15-game point streak ties Chris Chelios for the longest point streak by a Blackhawks player in the last 20 years, per the Elias Sports Bureau.
- Kane now has 31 points in 20 games, and sits three points ahead of Stars forward Tyler Seguin in the NHL's scoring race. Kane's 30 points are the most through 19 games or fewer by a Blackhawk since Denis Savard in 1988-89 (17 games played), according to Elias.
- Kane's 15-game point streak is the longest in the NHL this season. Boston's David Krejci owns the second-longest with nine games.
[NBC SHOP: Gear up, Blackhawks fans!]
- Kane is three games away from tying the longest point streak by an American-born player, set by former Blackhawks forward and current CSN Blackhawks analyst Eddie Olczyk and Pittsburgh's Phil Kessel.
- Kane is also six games away from tying Bobby Hull for the longest streak in Blackhawks history with 21 in 1971-72.
But perhaps most importantly, the Blackhawks are 9-4-2 during Kane's streak and are 11-5-2 overall when he gets on the scoresheet. They've lost both games where Kane was held pointless.
(If you're wondering, Wayne Gretzky owns the longest point streak in NHL history with 51 games).