CSN’s 51 regular season game schedule – featuring Hall of Famers Pat Foley & Eddie Olczyk – begins with the 2016-17 ROAD OPENER on Friday, Oct. 14 at Nashville;
First of five pre-season telecasts airs on Wednesday, Sept. 28 vs. Pittsburgh on CSN+;
Plus – Live Pre/Post-Game Shows all season long and comprehensive nightly coverage on ‘SportsNet Central’ highlight 2016-17 Schedule
CSNChicago.com to feature 24/7 reporting from Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers; website to also feature live video of Post-Game Press Conferences, “Blackhawks Pulse” Social Media Center, Daily Player/Coaches Interviews, Game Highlights, plus In-Game Twitter updates from CSN talent and much more!
Chicago, IL (September 21, 2016) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks, is once again ready to deliver another thrill-packed season of NHL excitement with 51 live regular season Blackhawks games (25 home, 26 away), along with five pre-season games, in-depth pre/post-game shows, extensive nightly coverage on SportsNet Central and the most thorough 24/7 digital Blackhawks coverage to date on CSNChicago.com!
The 2016-17 Chicago Blackhawks regular season on Comcast SportsNet gets underway with the ROAD OPENER against the Central Division rival Nashville Predators on Friday, October 14 beginning at 6:30 PM CT with Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live (featuring hosts Pat Boyle, Steve Konroyd, and Jamal Mayers). Face-off will take place at 7:00 PM featuring the “Hall of Fame” duo of Pat Foley (2014 Hockey Hall of Fame Foster Hewitt Memorial Award winner) and Eddie Olczyk (inducted into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2012) calling the game action LIVE from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. Blackhawks Postgame Live presented by HawkAuto.com immediately follows the game featuring live post-game press conferences, live locker room player interviews, full highlights and complete post-game analysis. In addition – CSNChicago.com Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on Blackhawks Pre/Postgame Live and during home game telecasts.
In addition to 51 regular season games, Comcast SportsNet will also carry five pre-season telecasts beginning Wednesday, September 28 at 7:30 PM on CSN+, as the Blackhawks host the defending Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins. In addition, the network will carry pre-season games vs. St. Louis (Sat, Oct. 1 at 7:30 PM at home & Sat, Oct. 8 at 7:00 PM on the road) and Detroit (Sun, Oct. 2 at 5:00 PM on the road & Tue, Oct. 4 at 7:30 PM at home). IMPORTANT NOTE: The Sept. 28 & Oct. 2 Blackhawks pre-season games will air on CSN+; fans are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s channel finder section (csnchicago.com/channel-finder) for a complete listing of CSN+ and CSN+HD channel locations.
Top highlights on this year’s 51-game Comcast SportsNet Blackhawks regular season schedule include 31 games against Western Conference foes, including 16 Central Division match-ups against rivals Dallas (three games, all at home), St. Louis (one game), Nashville (three games), Minnesota (one game), Colorado (three games), and Winnipeg (five games). Among the key match-ups on this season’s Blackhawks telecast schedule on CSN include a pair of back-to-back NYC road games against Rangers (Dec. 13) & Islanders (Dec. 15), a road battle against Western Conference champion San Jose (Jan. 31), the Blackhawks final battle against Detroit at historic Joe Louis Arena (Mar. 10), north of the border “Original Six” battles against Montreal (Mar. 14) and Toronto (Mar. 18), along with a west coast regular season wrap-up in Anaheim (Apr. 6) and Los Angeles (Apr. 8). (NOTE: Comcast SportsNet’s complete 2016-17 pre-season & regular season Blackhawks schedule appears at the end of this release).
For the ninth-straight season, Blackhawks play-by-play legend Pat Foley and former Blackhawks star/Chicago hockey icon Eddie Olczyk (handling color analysis) will be the featured announcing tandem all season long. Also, for his 12th-straight year on CSN, former Blackhawks defenseman Steve Konroyd will be the featured studio analyst on Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live and Blackhawks Postgame Live presented by HawkAuto.com, joining studio host Pat Boyle for the fifth-straight season. In addition, former Blackhawks center/current Blackhawks Community Liaison Jamal Mayers will once again make a number of select appearances throughout the season on both shows.
Every Blackhawks game telecast on Comcast SportsNet this season will be preceded by Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live, a half-hour pre-game show featuring a breakdown of the evening’s match-up, interviews with coaches and players and a look at the other games around the NHL. In addition on weeknights, fans can look forward to extensive Blackhawks pre-game discussion on SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado. SportsTalk Live, hosted by David Kaplan, will also be the place to hear from numerous Blackhawks/NHL experts all season long.
Immediately following every Comcast SportsNet Blackhawks game telecast, viewers can look forward to the most comprehensive post-game wrap-up show on Blackhawks Postgame Live presented by HawkAuto.com featuring live coverage of head coach Joel Quenneville’s post-game press conferences, along with locker room interviews with Blackhawks players. Following the majority of Blackhawks Postgame Live presented by HawkAuto.com airings, viewers can catch GMC SportsNet Central 10:00 & 10:30 PM and/or the midnight edition of SportsNet Central presented by CLR with the most complete recap of the day’s top local and national sports news.
In addition to the two pre-season telecasts, two regular season Blackhawks games are currently scheduled to be telecast on Comcast SportsNet Plus (see attached schedule). Comcast SportsNet Plus (CSN+) telecasts are provided to Comcast SportsNet affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. CSN+ is available in high-definition on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 201 in the Chicago area/South Bend, IN & on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 285 in the Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets, along with being made available in DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, RCN, and WOW! homes among others; viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER for complete channel location details). Comcast Cable and RCN subscribers can also watch all CSN+ games in standard definition on CLTV.
From a digital/online perspective, Comcast SportsNet’s website, CSNChicago.com, delivers comprehensive 24/7 Blackhawks coverage all season long, including the following highlights:
- Live stream of Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville's post-game press conferences following EVERY home game telecast.
- Video highlights from every Blackhawks game, including in-game highlights after each period. Pre-game interviews from morning skates will also be provided, as well as extensive post-game reaction from the locker room and analysis from the “Hawk Ford Blackhawks Postgame Live” team.
- “Blackhawks Pulse" a one-stop social media and behind-the-scenes destination that reveals the latest real time trending topics, player buzz and expert insight from Twitter and Instagram. Plus, “Blackhawks Pulse” aggregates all Blackhawks player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #HawksTalk.
- “Blackhawks In-Game Live,” – featuring STATS Inc.’s enhanced Game Zone real-time tracking system – is a second screen platform for PCs, tablets and mobile devices that combine state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s live game broadcasts.
- Push Alerts: CSN Chicago will deliver Blackhawks push notifications for breaking team and player news, “Insider” reports, plus game reminder alerts via CSN Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
- BlackhawksTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Blackhawks news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. BlackhawksTalk contains interactive content with continually updated insights from the network’s talent.
- Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers returns for her seventh season on the beat. Follow her on Twitter @TramyersCSN for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. In addition, fans can follow Eddie Olczyk (@EddieOlczyk) and Jamal Mayers (@jamalmayers) for even more Blackhawks/NHL insider coverage.
- Blackhawks digital reporter and producer Charlie Roumeliotis (@CRoumeliotis) enters his second season on the team beat. Roumeliotis will provide Blackhawks and NHL reports/features on the beat with Myers. Follow @CSNBlackhawks on Twitter for full team coverage, giveaways, fan photos and game day news straight from the United Center.
- Pat Boyle and Chris Boden, CSN Chicago’s Blackhawks reporting team will provide pre-game and post-game coverage from the arena, along with digital content contribution and videos for CSNChicago.com throughout the season. Follow them on Twitter @CSNBoyle & @CSNBoden.
COMCAST SPORTSNET CHICAGO
2016-17 Chicago Blackhawks Schedule
1) Wed, Sept 28 vs. Pittsburgh 7:30 pm CSN+
2) Sat, Oct 1 vs. St. Louis 7:30 pm
3) Sun, Oct 2 @ Detroit 5:00 pm CSN+
4) Tue, Oct 4 vs. Detroit 7:30 pm
5) Sat, Oct 8 @ St. Louis 7:00 pm
1) Fri, Oct 14 @ Nashville 7:00 pm
2) Tue, Oct 18 vs. Philadelphia 7:30 pm
3) Fri, Oct 21 @ Columbus 6:00 pm
4) Mon, Oct 24 vs. Calgary 7:30 pm
5) Sun, Oct 30 vs. Los Angeles 6:00 pm
6) Tue, Nov 1 vs. Calgary 7:30 pm
7) Tue, Nov 3 vs. Colorado 7:30 pm
8) Sun, Nov 6 vs. Dallas 6:00 pm
9) Fri, Nov 11 vs. Washington 7:30 pm
10) Tue, Nov 15 @ Winnipeg 7:00 pm
11) Fri, Nov 18 @ Calgary 8:00 pm
12) Sat, Nov 19 @ Vancouver 9:00 pm
13) Mon, Nov 21 @ Edmonton 8:00 pm
14) Fri, Nov 25 @ Anaheim 3:00 pm
15) Tue, Nov 29 vs. Florida 7:30 pm
16) Thu, Dec 1 vs. New Jersey 7:30 pm
17) Sun, Dec 4 vs. Winnipeg 6:00 pm
18) Tue, Dec 6 vs. Arizona 7:30 pm CSN+
19) Fri, Dec 9 vs. New York Rangers 7:30 pm
20) Sun, Dec 11 vs. Dallas 6:00 pm
21) Tue, Dec 13 @ New York Rangers 6:00 pm
22) Thu, Dec 15 @ New York Islanders 6:00 pm
23) Sat, Dec 17 @ St. Louis 7:00 pm
24) Tue, Dec 20 vs. Ottawa 7:30 pm
25) Fri, Dec 23 vs. Colorado 7:30 pm
26) Tue, Dec 27 vs. Winnipeg 7:30 pm
27) Thu, Dec 29 @ Nashville 7:00 pm
28) Thu, Jan 5 vs. Buffalo 7:30 pm
29) Fri, Jan 6 vs. Carolina 7:30 pm
30) Fri, Jan 13 @ Washington 6:00 pm
31) Tue, Jan 17 @ Colorado 8:00pm
32) Fri, Jan 20 @ Boston 6:00 pm
33) Tue, Jan 24 vs. Tampa Bay 7:30 pm
34) Thu, Jan 26 vs. Winnipeg 7:30 pm
35) Tue, Jan 31 @ San Jose 9:30 pm
36) Thu, Feb 2 @ Arizona 8:00 pm
37) Fri, Feb 10 @ Winnipeg 7:00 pm
38) Tue, Feb 21 @ Minnesota 7:00 pm
39) Thu, Feb 23 vs. Arizona 7:30 pm
40) Sat, Mar 4 @ Nashville 7:00 pm
41) Thu, Mar 9 vs. Anaheim 7:30 pm
42) Fri, Mar 10 @ Detroit 6:30 pm
43) Tue, Mar 14 @ Montreal 6:30 pm
44) Thu, Mar 16 @ Ottawa 6:30 pm
45) Sat, Mar 18 @ Toronto 6:00 pm
46) Tue, Mar 21 vs. Vancouver 7:30 pm CSN+
47) Thu, Mar 23 vs. Dallas 7:30 pm
48) Mon, Mar 27 @ Tampa Bay 6:30 pm
49) Fri, Mar 31 vs. Columbus 7:30 pm
50) Thu, Apr 6 @ Anaheim 9:00 pm
51) Sat, Apr 8 @ Los Angeles 5:00 pm
25 Home, 26 Road regular season games; 5 pre-season
Total: 56 games
All Times Central Time
Schedule Subject to Change
Viewers are also urged to visit CSNChicago.com for even more extensive information on the 2016-17 Blackhawks, including web exclusive features, “Insider” reports from Tracey Myers (@TramyersCSN), game previews/recaps, video highlights, along with detailed stats, social media interaction and much more.