Bulls

Bulls, Rose snubbed in GM survey?

637460.png

Bulls, Rose snubbed in GM survey?

The Miami Heat and the Chicago Bulls are definitely on the minds of NBA general managers as NBA.com conducted the 10th annual GM survey. The GMs predicted the Bulls will once again not be able to measure up to the Heat.

The Heat took 74.1 percent of the vote in which team will win the 2012 NBA finals. Oklahoma City took second at 14.8 percent, the Lakers third with 7.4 percent and the Bulls down to No. 4 with 3.7 percent. Yikes.

Don't fret Bulls fans, these aren't as accurate as you may think, or maybe you already knew that. Last year the Lakers owned 63.0 percent of the votes to win the 2011 championship.

With the prediction of Miami taking the cake, they earned 96.3 percent of the vote to win the Eastern Conference and the Bulls earned the remaining 3.7 percent. Last year they predicted the Bulls would win the Central Division (82.1 percent) and this time 96.4 percent believe they will win over the Indiana Pacers (3.6 percent).

Now we go to MVP, and there is no mention of Derrick Rose. Kevin Durant takes the No. 1 spot with 55.6 percent of the votes and LeBron James owns 44.4 percent. Last year the GMs predicted Kevin Durant as the league MVP.

While Rose wasn't mentioned in the MVP category, 59.3 percent of the GMs believe he is the best point guard in the NBA. Chris Paul (37.0 percent) and Russell Westbrook (3.7 percent) also join Rose in that category.

What do you think of the results? Will the Heat outlast the Bulls once again? Does Derrick Rose deserve a spot on the MVP list or is it too early to decide? Share your predictions below!Check out the entire list of questions and results here.

Kirk Hinrich sent U.S. Open champion Gary Woodland into basketball retirement

kirkhinrich.png
AP

Kirk Hinrich sent U.S. Open champion Gary Woodland into basketball retirement

U.S. Open champion Gary Woodland used to be a basketball star. Then he ran into Kirk Hinrich.

Woodland, who won the 119th U.S. Open Championship on Sunday at Pebble Beach, shared a story about how he transitioned from basketball to golf.

Woodland was attending Washburn University in Kansas, and as a freshman in 2002 he and the Ichabods played the Kansas Jayhawks in an exhibition game.

It was during that game - a 101-66 Kansas victory - that Woodland said he realized he wasn't going to make it as a hooper.

"That decision got forced on me,” Woodland told reporters after his U.S. Open victory. "I had to guard Kirk Hinrich, and I realized, I’m going to have to do something else."

No one can blame Woodland for feeling that way. That Jayhawks team went on to win 30 games and, behind Hinrich and Nick Collison, advanced to the national championship game where they lost to freshman star Carmelo Anthony and Syracuse.

Hinrich went on to become the 7th overall pick in the historic 2003 NBA Draft and played 13 NBA seasons with the Bulls, Hawks and Wizards.

Woodland, ironically, transferred to the University of Kansas as a sophomore and joined the golf team. The rest is history for the major championship winner.

NBA Mock Draft: How the Anthony Davis trade shakes things up

4_culver.png
USA TODAY

NBA Mock Draft: How the Anthony Davis trade shakes things up

The NBA world was turned on its head this past weekend when the New Orleans Pelicans reportedly agreed to trade Anthony Davis to the LA Lakers for a host of players and picks.

Here's how that trade can and will affect the NBA Draft in three days with our latest NBA Mock Draft.