Highlight reels and mix tapes of skill moves are nothing new and they always look fancy and flashy when the edited versions come to public view.
Fire midfielder/defender Drew Conner released his own version earlier this week on Instagram. It looks really cool:
Conner shows off a few rabonas and some dribbling and juggling moves in a tightly edited video.
“I grew up juggling and doing a lot of tricks," Conner said. "I catch some heat sometimes for it because obviously some of that stuff isn’t very useful in a game, but I always liked going out by myself with the ball when I was a kid. I still have some of those tricks.”
Conner laughed when asked if there were some outtakes.
“A lot of people didn’t see all the takes where I hit the ball over the net either,” Conner said.
So how many outtakes were there?
“No comment," he said with another laugh.
This just goes to show that if you want to look cool on the internet having skills is only half the battle. You have to have a killer video editor as well.
MLS announced on Tuesday that the Chicago Fire’s first game back after the season was suspended due to COVID-19 has been postponed.
The Fire were supposed to play Nashville SC on Wednesday in their opening Group A match of the MLS is Back tournament. But since arriving in Orlando for the tournament, five Nashville players tested positive for COVID-19 and four others received inclusive results, requiring more testing. As a result, MLS is now evaluating Nashville’s participation in the tournament.
The Fire will now return to play on July 14 against Inter Miami CF.
The Fire also announced that the Drive-In Matchday event that was scheduled for Wednesday’s game has been rescheduled for their July 19 game against New York City FC. Fans who registered for that event will have the opportunity to sign-up again for the new date.
This is the second Chicago pro sports match altered as leagues try to return to play. The Chicago Red Stars also had a game cancelled in late June due to Orlando Pride players testing positive for COVID-19.
As MLB, the NHL and the NBA gear up to return it remains to be seen how they will react in a similar situation.
RELATED: Chicago Dogs to host home opener with fans in stands
MLS soccer is coming back this summer.
The league announced a plan to have all 26 MLS clubs resume play on July 8 with a league-wide “MLS is Back Tournament.”
The games will be played at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Disney World, without fans in the stands.
Here’s how it will work:
Clubs can arrive in Orlando to begin training on June 24. Then a group stage will begin July 8 followed by a knockout stage, starting July 25.
There will be six groups, three for each the Western and Eastern Conferences. The group stage draw will occur on June 11 at 2:30 p.m. CT.
Each team will play three group stage matches, and the results from those games will count in the 2020 MLS regular season standings.
Then the top two teams from each group, plus the four best third-place finishers will advance to the knockout stage. That stage starts with a round-of-16, followed by quarterfinals, semifinals and then the championship game. The championship game will be played on August 11.
In case of a tie at the end of regulation in the knockout stage, games will proceed directly to a penalty kick shootout.
The winner of the tournament will earn a berth in the 2021 Concacaf Champions League.
At the conclusion of the tournament, MLS will resume its regular season followed by the MLS Cup Playoffs and MLS Cup.
RELATED: Will MLB-MLBPA come to terms on 2020 season? 'This goes back to the owners'
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Art19