Chicago, IL (October 7, 2015) – Comcast SportsNet Chicago, the television home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox, garnered twelve Emmy Award nominations from the Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the 2014-15 television season. The nominations were announced last evening (October 6) with the awards ceremony to be held in Chicago on Saturday, November 7. Since its launch on October 1, 2004, Comcast SportsNet Chicago has garnered 111 Chicago/Midwest Emmy nominations.
“We are honored to receive these nominations from our peers in the industry and we feel they are a reflection of the great work performed by our entire staff,” said Phil Bedella, Vice President/General Manager of Comcast SportsNet Chicago.
Note the following Comcast SportsNet Chicago Emmy nominations for the 2014-15 television season:
1 & 2) Category #7-b: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Program Series
- Bears Classics: Payton Forever: Sarah Lauch, William Parker, Greg Dely, Eric Fogle, Jeff Korbitz, Michael Cappozzo, Kristina Quinn, Brett Fisher, Kevin Cross, Bill Kurtis, Todd Williams, Jason Dolan, Producers.
- A Piece of the Game: Don DuPree, Rob Steinmetz, John Komnenich, James Liszka, Jan Mueller, Producers.
3 & 4) Category #7-d: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Sporting Event/Game - Live/Unedited Program/Special
- Blackhawks Hockey on Comcast SportsNet Chicago: Jim Corno, Jr., Executive Producer; Mike Leary, Dave Turner, Mark Harper, Producers; Dave Ross, Associate Producer; Pat Foley, Play-by-Play Announcer; Eddie Olczyk, Analyst; Luke Stuckmeyer, Reporter/Producer.
- Illinois High School Hockey Championship on Comcast SportsNet Chicago: Jim Corno, Jr., Executive Producer; John Walsh, Todd Benjaminson, Mark Harper, Producers; Tamra Anderson, Associate Producer; Judd Sirott, Play-by-Play Announcer; Steve Konroyd, Analyst; Luke Stuckmeyer, Reporter/Producer.
5) Category #17: Outstanding Achievement for Interactivity
- #CubsSocial - Interactive Cubs/Giants broadcast at Wrigley Field: T.K. Gore, Jim Corno, Jr., Jay Wadhwa, Senior Executive Producers; John Walsh, Executive Producer; Len Kasper, Jim Deshaies, Hosts; Tamra Anderson, Nicole Bersani, Senior Producers; Dave Turner, Director; Mark Harper, Technology Producer; Kelly Crull, Patrick Mooney, Reporters.
6 & 7) Category #19-b: Outstanding Achievement for Program Promotion (Non-News) Single Spot/Campaign
- What a Game: Justin Schoenrock, Supervising Producer, Jay Wadhwa, Cannon Kinnard, Executive Producers; Jeremy Murayama, Michael Dolan, Producers; Jessica Weber, Co-Producer. (Shared nomination with Bridges Media)
- CSN Chicago - Bulls 2014 Season Campaign: Jay Wadhwa, Executive Producer; Jeremy Murayama, Producer.
8) Category #21-e: Outstanding Crafts Achievement for On-Camera Talent - Program Correspondent/Narrator/Performer
- Mandy Patinkin, Ryan McGuffey - Believe: The Story of the 2005 Chicago White Sox.
9 & 10) Category #26-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off-Air: Editor – Promotions/PSAs/Commercials
- Justin Schoenrock- Blackhawks Playoffs Image.
- Justin Schoenrock-What an April.
11) Category #28-b: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off-Air: Writer – Program (non-news)
- Ryan McGuffey, Kevin Cross - Believe: The Story of the 2005 Chicago White Sox.
12) Category #28-c: Outstanding Crafts Achievement Off-Air: Writer – Short Form (Promos, PSAs, Commercials)
- James Wallin - Composite.