Chicago, IL (November 1, 2018) – NBC Sports Chicago - THE Home of the #AuthenticFan - is ready to bring college hoops fans another exciting season of action-packed NCAA basketball featuring a total of 52 men’s & women’s contests, featuring many of the area’s top teams and players.
NBC Sports Chicago viewers can look forward to the very best in local/regional basketball action featuring Missouri Valley Conference action highlighted by 2018 NCAA Final Four participant/MVC #1 preseason-ranked Loyola Ramblers (nine games), along with Illinois State (ten games), Northern Iowa (11 games), Bradley (five games), Southern Illinois (five games), Valparaiso (five games), Drake (three games), along with Horizon League’s UIC Flames (three games), plus – live opening round coverage of the always-competitive MVC Tournament beginning March 7.
NOTE: All games will also be available via live stream to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers on NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive will also be accessible via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app available on iOS and Android devices, at no cost, to fans anywhere in the U.S. and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
NBC Sports Chicago’s early season men’s collegiate basketball schedule gets underway with MVC “Coach of the Year” Porter Moser and the Loyola Ramblers in the team’s 2018-19 Home/Season Opener against UMKC on Tuesday, November 6 at 8:00 PM CT LIVE from Gentile Arena. The announcing tandem for Ramblers games on NBC Sports Chicago this season features Jordan Bernfield (play-by-play) and ESPN Radio 1000’s Jeff Dickerson handling color analysis. NBC Sports Chicago will also carry three UIC Flames telecasts this season with the first telecast taking place on Thursday, November 15 as the Flames host William & Mary at 7:00 PM featuring play-by-play via ESPN Radio 1000’s Jonathan Hood and analysis provided by NBC Sports Chicago’s David Kaplan. The network other two Flames telecasts on Dec. 1 & 5 features Bernfield handling play-by-play with rotating analysis duties provided by Hood and Kaplan.
Among the key regional match-ups on the schedule this season include Chicago State at Illinois State (Nov. 13), Loyola at UIC (Dec. 1), Eastern Illinois at Bradley (Dec. 15), SIU at Northern Iowa (Jan. 5), Northern Iowa at Illinois State (Jan. 8 & Feb. 13), Illinois State at Bradley (Jan. 23), Northern Iowa at Loyola (Jan. 30), Valparaiso at Evansville (Feb. 2), Loyola at Bradley (Feb. 13), and Illinois State at Northern Iowa (Feb. 13), among many others. Note the attached schedule for a complete list of men’s games this season on NBC Sports Chicago and on NBC Sports Chicago+.
NBC Sports Chicago’s women’s basketball schedule includes five games featuring perennial national standout/five-time defending Big East Conf. champion DePaul Blue Demons. The team’s first telecast takes place on Friday, January 18 at 7:00 PM CT on NBC Sports Chicago+ vs. St. Johns live from the new Wintrust Arena in downtown Chicago. Additional DePaul match-ups on NBC Sports Chicago’s schedule include games against Marquette (Jan. 3), Villanova (Feb. 8), Georgetown (Feb. 10), and Butler (Feb. 24). In addition, NBC Sports Chicago will also carry the UIC Flames in home court action on Wed, Nov. 7 vs. Valparaiso (note the attached schedule for a complete listing of women’s games this season).
IMPORTANT NOTE: A number of men’s and women’s games on NBC Sports Chicago’s college basketball schedule this season will air exclusively on NBC Sports Chicago+. NBC Sports Chicago+ (NBCSCH+) is available in high-definition on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 201 in the Chicago area/South Bend, IN & on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 285 in the Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets, along with being made available in DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T, RCN, and WOW! homes among numerous other carriers and streaming services; viewers are urged to visit NBCSportsChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER page for complete channel location details.
In addition to game coverage, NBC Sports Chicago will once again provide college basketball fans with team college coaches show this season (air dates may vary during the season) – Tuesdays (beginning in early December): Inside Notre Dame Basketball with Mike Brey (5:30 PM)…Wednesdays (beginning in late December): The Foundation: Northwestern Basketball (5:30 PM)...and The Steve Prohm Show: Iowa State Basketball (Season Preview Special - Wed, Dec. 12 at 5:30 PM; weekly airings on Mondays at 5:30 PM beginning in January).
2018-19 MEN’S COLLEGE BASKETBALL on NBC SPORTS CHICAGO
- Tue, Nov 6, 6:00 pm - Florida Gulf Coast @ Illinois State
- Tue, Nov 6, 8:00 pm - Loyola: UMKC @ Loyola
- Fri, Nov 9, 7:00 pm - Loyola: Furman @ Loyola
- Sun, Nov 11, 3:00 pm - Stetson @ Missouri State (NBCSCH+)
- Tue, Nov 13, 7:00 pm - IL ST: Chicago State @ Illinois State
- Thu, Nov 15, 7:00 pm - UIC: William & Mary @ UIC
- Sat, Dec 1, 3:00 pm - UIC: Loyola @ UIC
- Wed, Dec 5, 6:00 pm - UIC: Illinois State @ UIC
- Wed, Dec 5, 8:00 pm - Loyola: Ball State @ Loyola
- Sat, Dec 8, 7:00 pm - IL ST: Ole Miss @ Illinois State
- Sat, Dec 15, 7:00 pm - Bradley: Eastern Illinois @ Bradley
- Sat, Dec 15, 7:30 pm - North Dakota St. @ Missouri St. (NBCSCH+)
- Wed, Jan 2, 8:00 pm - MVC: Indiana State @ Loyola
- Sat, Jan 5, 1:00 pm - Valparaiso @ Missouri State
- Sat, Jan 5, 3:00 pm - MVC: Evansville @ Illinois State
- Sat, Jan 5, 7:00 pm - UNI: Southern Illinois @ Northern Iowa (NBCSCH+)
- Tue, Jan 8, 7:00 pm - IL ST: Northern Iowa @ Illinois State
- Sat, Jan 12, 3:00 pm - MVC: Valparaiso @ Southern Illinois
- Sun, Jan 13, 3:00 pm - MVC: Drake @ Northern Iowa
- Tue, Jan 15, 7:00 pm - Loyola: Valparaiso @ Loyola
- Wed, Jan 16, 7:00 pm - MVC: Drake @ Bradley
- Wed, Jan 16, 7:00 pm - UNI: Indiana State @ Northern Iowa (NBCSCH+)
- Sat, Jan 19, 3:00 pm - MVC: Northern Iowa @ Valparaiso
- Sun, Jan 20, 2:00 pm - Missouri St. @ Illinois State
- Wed, Jan 23, 6:00 pm - MVC: Illinois State @ Bradley
- Sat, Jan 26, 3:00 pm - MVC: Bradley @ Missouri State
- Sat, Jan 26, 7:00 pm - UNI: Evansville @ Northern Iowa
- Wed, Jan 30, 6:00 pm - Loyola: N. Iowa @ Loyola (NBCSCH+)
- Wed, Jan 30, 8:00 pm - MVC: Indiana State @ Southern Illinois (NBCSCH+)
- Sat, Feb 2, 1:00 pm - MVC: Valparaiso @ Evansville
- Sat, Feb 2, 7:00 pm - UNI: Missouri State @ Northern Iowa (NBCSCH+)
- Wed, Feb 6, 7:00 pm - MVC: Southern Illinois @ Missouri State (NBCSCH+)
- Sat, Feb 9, 5:00 pm - MVC: Northern Iowa @ Drake
- Wed, Feb 13, 7:00 pm - MVC: Loyola @ Bradley
- Wed, Feb 13, 7:00 pm - UNI: Illinois State @ Northern Iowa (NBCSCH+)
- Sat, Feb 16, 11:00 pm - MVC: Southern Illinois @ Indiana State
- Wed, Feb 20, 6:00 pm - MVC: Evansville @ Loyola
- Wed, Feb 20, 7:00 pm - Northern Iowa @ Missouri State (NBCSCH+)
- Wed, Feb 27, 6:00 pm - MVC: Missouri State @ Illinois State (NBCSCH+)
- Thu, Mar 7, 6:00 pm - MVC: MVC Tournament: Opening Rd #1 (NBCSCH+)
- Thu, Mar 7, 8:00 pm - MVC: MVC Tournament: Opening Rd #2 (NBCSCH+)
2018-19 WOMEN’S COLLEGE BASKETBALL on NBC SPORTS CHICAGO
- Wed, Nov 7, 7:00 pm - Valparaiso @ UIC (NBCSCH+)
- Sun, Dec 16, 2:00 pm - Gonzaga @ Missouri State (NBCSCH+)
- Sun, Jan 6, 2:00 pm - Evansville @ Missouri (NBCSCH+)
- Fri, Jan 18, 7:00 pm - St. Johns @ DePaul (NBCSCH+)
- Sat, Jan 20, 2:00 pm - Missouri State @ Illinois State (NBCSCH+)
- Sun, Jan 27, 2:00 pm - Valparaiso @ Missouri State (NBCSCH+)
- Sun, Feb 3, 1:00 pm - Marquette @ DePaul
- Fri, Feb 8, 7:00 pm - Villanova @ DePaul (NBCSCH+)
- Sun, Feb 10, 2:00 pm - Georgetown @ DePaul (NBCSCH+)
- Sun, Feb 24, 2:00 pm - Butler @ DePaul
- Sun, Mar 3, 1:00 pm - Missouri State @ Indiana State (NBCSCH+)
(Schedules as of 11/1/18) -- ALL TIMES CENTRAL TIME
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as Chicago Bears postgame coverage, local sports discussion programs that includes SportsTalk Live, and massive cross-platform coverage provided by the network’s growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, the new “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app, and its variety of fan-focused social media outlets. Fans can follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.