It’s been two wire-to-wire games, but the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are off to a 2-0 start this season heading into a Week 3 matchup with Purdue.
Last week, it took a Michael Mayer touchdown with 1:09 left to give the Fighting Irish the win over the Toledo Rockets. Toledo’s Dequan Finn scored a 26-yard rushing touchdown with 1:35 left to give Toledo a 29-24 lead before quarterback Jack Coan drove 75 yards in just 23 seconds, hitting Mater with the 18-yard catch and score for the lead. Coan threw for 239 yards with two touchdowns and an interception.
Purdue made easy work of UConn last week, crushing the Huskies 49-0. Quarterback Jack Plummer threw for four touchdowns in the wins that improved Purdue to 2-0 on the season. The Boilermakers will have to battle the Fighting Irish this week without their leading rusher Zander Horvath after he underwent surgery for a broken fibula.
How can I watch Notre Dame-Purdue in Week 3?
The game is at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday and will air live on NBC, as well as on Peacock Premium.
Who is favored to win the Notre Dame-Purdue game?
According to our partner, PointsBet, here are the odds:
Line: Notre Dame -7.5
Moneyline: Notre Dame -301 | Toledo +240
How can I watch Notre Dame football this season?
After playing a full ACC schedule in 2020, Fighting Irish football returns to its usual independent status, with five games against ACC opponents. Here is the full schedule and networks so far for Notre Dame’s other games this season:
- Notre Dame at Wisconsin: Saturday, Sept. 25, 12 p.m. ET, Fox
- Cincinnati at Notre Dame: Saturday, Oct. 2, 2:30 p.m. ET, Peacock Premium and NBC
- Notre Dame at Virginia Tech: Saturday, Oct. 9, time and network TBD
- USC at Notre Dame: Saturday, Oct. 23, 7:30 p.m. ET, Peacock Premium and NBC
- North Carolina at Notre Dame: Saturday, Oct. 30, 7:30 p.m. ET, Peacock Premium and NBC
- Navy at Notre Dame: Saturday, Nov. 6, 3:30 p.m. ET, Peacock Premium and NBC
- Notre Dame at Virginia: Saturday, Nov. 13, time and network TBD
- Georgia Tech at Notre Dame: Saturday, Nov. 20, 2:30 p.m. ET, Peacock Premium and NBC
- Notre Dame at Stanford: Saturday, Nov. 27, time and network TBD
What are Notre Dame’s chances of winning the national championship?
According to PointsBet, Alabama and Georgia have pulled ahead of the pack as early favorites to win the national championship, as both have +300 odds or better. However, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Clemson all are within striking distance at +1100 or better. Notre Dame still sits at +5000, tied with Penn State for the eighth-best odds.
Here are the programs with the best national championship odds:
- Alabama, +130
- Georgia, +300
- Oklahoma, +800
- Ohio State, +1000
- Clemson, +1100
- Oregon +2000
- Texas A&M, +3300
- Notre Dame, +5000
- Penn State, +5000
- Florida, +6600
- Iowa, +7000
- Iowa State, +8000
- Michigan, +8000
- Cincinnati, +8000
- Virginia Tech +8000
Editor's note: All odds are provided by our partner, PointsBet. PointsBet is our Official Sports Betting Partner and we may receive compensation if you place a bet on PointsBet for the first time after clicking our links.