The Power Rankings have more interesting changes in store this week. The top 10 is looking more-and-more like a defined group of teams that might be hard to displace without a significant loss.
Meanwhile, in the middle of the rankings, more chaos went down as many ranked teams lost during a busy three-day weekend. It means an influx of some new teams, and some old faces, as the rankings saw plenty of changes in the back this week.
1. Curie (21-1) (1) -- Three double-digit wins for the Condors as they continue to blowout the competition.
2. Bloom (18-1) (2) -- Light week for the Blazing Trojans as they prepare for a busy week that includes games against St. Viator, Thornwood and Kankakee.
3. Bogan (19-2) (3) -- The Bengals have ripped off five straight wins since the loss to Curie as they're looking strong once again.
4. Morgan Park (19-3) (4) -- Another great week for the Mustangs with wins in Baltimore and a win over Bolingbrook on Monday.
5. Whitney Young (17-6) (5) -- Credit the Dolphins for a monster week that included close conference wins over Uplift and North Lawndale as well as a win at Hoophall in Massachusetts.
6. Bolingbrook (14-4) (7) -- Proving themselves as a major contender, the Raiders knocked off Evanston and Homewood-Flossmoor before losing a close one to Morgan Park.
7. Evanston (18-4) (6) -- The Wildkits avenged an earlier loss to Glenbrook South while losing a close nonconference game to Bolingbrook.
8. Marian Catholic (19-3) (8) -- Losing to a strong out-of-state team in Culver (IN), Marian Catholic also knocked off Naperville North and a team from Ohio.
9. Homewood-Flossmoor (13-5) (9) -- Dropping a game to Bolingbrook, the Vikings are still a major contender who has played a tough schedule.
10. New Trier (18-3) (15) -- Three wins for the Trevians during the week, including a statement win over DePaul Prep.
11. St. Laurence (19-3) (21) -- Vaulting back up the Power Rankings thanks to recent Catholic League wins over Leo and DePaul, St. Laurence is red hot.
12. DePaul Prep (13-6, 7-1) (10) -- Dropping a few close games to ranked teams in St. Laurence and New Trier, the Rams will try to bounce back.
13. Geneva (19-1) (16) -- Geneva picked up wins over Naperville North, St. Charles North and East Aurora during an impressive week.
14. St. Rita (15-6) (17) -- Continuing to win and stay atop their division in the Catholic League, St. Rita knocked off Montini.
15. Lincoln Park (15-6) (18) -- The Lions quietly had two great wins this week after holding off Farragut and then blowing out Bloomington.
16. York (19-3) (20) -- Impressive showing from the Dukes at Wheaton South, as they earned a win over the hosts before a close loss to Rockford East in the title game.
17. Leo (15-5) (22) -- Leo seemed to figure things out after some recent losses with two blowout wins over St. Francis de Sales and Crete-Monee.
18. Orr (15-8) (23) -- The Spartans earned a good conference road win at Lane before falling to a tough out-of-state opponent in Blackhawk Christian (IN).
19. Providence-St. Mel (16-5) (11) -- Providence-St. Mel remains in the thick of the Catholic League race following a close loss to Mount Carmel.
20. Benet (16-5) (12) -- Tough stretch for the Red Wings at the Wheaton South event with losses to the hosts and Rockford East on Monday.
21. Stevenson (15-3) (23) -- The winning streak has reached six games for the Patriots following wins over Warren and St. Charles North.
22. Waukegan (17-4) (NR) -- Quality week from the Bulldogs to get back in the Power Rankings with victories over Zion-Benton and Notre Dame.
23. West Aurora (18-3) (NR) -- Riding an eight-game winning streak, the Blackhawks have gone unbeaten in the Upstate Eight to this point.
24. St. Viator (16-4) (NR) -- After dropping out of the rankings with some losses following Treyvon Calvin's injury, the Lions are back in as they've looked like a threat once again.
25. Oak Park-River Forest (12-7) (19) -- A triple-overtime win over Downers North was impressive but the Huskies fell the next day to Hillcrest.