The Power Rankings don't see many changes this week as only four teams from last week's list lost games. Since the snow postponed many of Friday night's games, the schedule was limited for a few of the teams. The quarterfinals of the Public League Playoffs should see action pick up this week while big matchups in the Catholic League and CSL South also loom.
1. Simeon (22-3, 9-0) (1) -- The Wolverines have moved on to the Public League Playoff quarterfinals after two big wins the first two rounds. Simeon has to face Uplift and could face either Whitney Young or Morgan Park in the semifinals.
2. Orr (21-3, 9-0) (2) -- Orr cruised to two double-digit wins in the Public League Playoffs as they advanced to face Bogan in the quarterfinals. If the Spartans advance, they could get a rematch with Curie in the semifinals.
3. Curie (22-3, 8-1) (3) -- The Condors moved on the the quarterfinals in the Public League Playoffs with wins over Hubbard and UP-Englewood. Things get much tougher for Curie in the next one when they take on Kenwood.
4. Whitney Young (21-6, 7-2) (4) -- Whitney Young beat Clark and Vocational in the Public League Playoffs this week. Next comes a huge quarterfinal matchup against Morgan Park on Tuesday.
5. Morgan Park (18-8, 7-2) (5) -- Ayo Dosunmu returned in a major way for the Mustangs in wins over King and Prosser. Now Morgan Park gets a huge showdown with Whitney Young in the quarterfinals on Tuesday.
6. Evanston (19-4, 7-1) (6) -- Arguably the hottest team in the area, Evanston took down Loyola during the week for another huge win. The Wildkits will try to stay atop the crowded CSL South race with games against Niles West and New Trier this week.
7. Niles North (21-3, 5-3) (8) -- Good win for Niles North as they ran past red-hot Prospect for a quality non-conference win. The Vikings will face Maine South and travel to Wisconsin for a game against St. Catherine's this week.
8. Fenwick (16-7, 7-0) (10) -- The Friars had the week off with a game getting snowed out against Marmion. Fenwick will make that game up this week while also battling Loyola in an important Catholic League battle.
9. New Trier (19-3, 6-1) (11) -- New Trier had the week off since its game against Niles North got delayed by the snow. The Trevians have an important week in the CSL South when they play Maine South and Evanston.
10. Loyola (21-4, 5-1) (7) -- Loyola dropped a non-conference game to Evanston during the week as the Ramblers lost a close one to a hot team. The Ramblers have another important week ahead when they battle St. Joseph and Fenwick in Catholic League play.
11. Oak Park-River Forest (18-5, 9-0) (13) -- The Huskies earned a West Suburban Silver win over Downers North. OPRF has three games to deal with this week when they play Hinsdale Central, York and Proviso West.
12. Benet (19-4, 5-1) (14) -- A good double-digit win for Benet as they beat St. Charles North during the week. The Redwings will try to stay in the ESCC race when they face Joliet Catholic this week and they also have a non-conference game with Stevenson.
13. West Aurora (18-4, 7-0) (15) -- West Aurora had the week off as they prepare to face South Elgin in an Upstate Eight Valley game. The Blackhawks have won 10 straight games.
14. Wheaton-Warrenville South (22-4, 13-1) (16) -- Two DuPage Valley wins for the Tigers during the week as they beat Naperville Central and Waubonsie Valley. Wheaton Warrenville South tries to stay ahead in the conference race when they play Metea Valley.
15. Marist (22-4, 5-2) (12) -- Marist dropped an ESCC game on the road at St. Viator over the weekend after picking up an easy win over Ag. Science. The RedHawks battle St. Patrick in another ESCC game this week.
16. Marian Catholic (17-4, 3-3) (17) -- Marian Catholic had two wins during the week as they defeated Providence and Mount Carmel in a pair of non-conference games. The Spartans have three more games this week when they play Nazareth, Rich Central and Marian Central.
17. Naperville North (21-2, 12-1) (18) -- The Huskies are over the 20-win mark on the season as they defeated Glenbard North and Neuqua Valley. Naperville North is trying to stay in the DuPage Valley race when they play Naperville Central and Waubonsie Valley.
18. Bolingbrook (17-5, 5-2) (19) -- Bolingbrook got back on track with a double-digit win over Sandburg. The Raiders have an important SouthWest Suburban Blue conference clash this week when they battle Homewood-Flossmoor.
19. DePaul Prep (19-6, 4-3) (9) -- The Rams fell in Catholic League play to Brother Rice. DePaul Prep will try to bounce back when they face Mount Carmel this week.
20. Joliet Central (18-4, 10-0) (20) -- Joliet Central had its game postponed so they didn't play during the week. The Steelmen play Plainfield Central and Oswego East in Southwest Prairie play during the week.
21. Hillcrest (19-5, 11-0) (21) -- The Hawks earned a double-digit win over Bremen as they stayed unbeaten in South Suburban play. Hillcrest will try to stay that way when they play T.F. North and Oak Forest this week.
22. Leo (18-5, 7-0) (23) -- The Lions hold a two-game lead in the Catholic League White as they knocked off Montini. Leo will play Marmion in their regular season finale Friday before starting 2A regional play next week.
23. Homewood-Flossmoor (15-6, 6-1) (24) -- Homewood-Flossmoor won two more games this week as they took down Stagg and Marshall. The Vikings will attempt to hold on to the SouthWest Suburban Blue lead when they battle Bolingbrook this week.
24. Hinsdale South (18-5, 6-2) (25) -- The Hornets continued their recent strong stretch with victories over Downers South and Leyden. Hinsdale South will play Addison Trail and Proviso East this week as they try to stay on top of the West Suburban Gold.
25. St. Viator (20-5, 7-0) (NR) -- Still unbeaten in the ESCC, the Lions took down Marist for another big league win. St. Viator will face Bartlett and Carmel this week.