After a busy weekend that included the conclusion of the Public League Playoffs and Catholic League Tournament -- as well as the City-Suburban Showdown -- there was some shakeup in the latest @CSNPreps Power Rankings.
The new No. 1 is Simeon, as they beat Morgan Park, Evanston and Kenwood in a three-day stretch. The Wolverines had as good a stretch as any team has played all season with those wins and that's why they jump a very close No. 2 in Fenwick.
This is the final week of the regular season for Class 3A and Class 4A while Class 1A and Class 2A boys basketball begins this week.
1. Simeon (3) (24-3, 9-1) - The new No. 1 is Simeon and they jump to the top spot after beating No. 3 Morgan Park, No. 12 Evanston and No. 4 Kenwood in three straight days. The Wolverines are balanced and tough in close games.
2. Fenwick (2) (24-2, 9-0) - Right behind Simeon and staying at No. 2 is Fenwick, who beat No. 6 St. Joseph for the Catholic League Tournament title. Senior point guard Mike Smith is in the Player of the Year discussion.
3. Morgan Park (1) (22-3, 9-1) - The Mustangs fell to No. 1 Simeon in the Public League Playoff semifinals, but they had a solid comeback win over No. 10 Riverside-Brookfield as Charlie Moore was unbelievable down the stretch. Morgan Park is off until the playoffs.
4. Kenwood (6) (19-4, 9-1) - After the impressive win over No. 5 Curie, Kenwood gave a solid effort before falling to No. 1 Simeon. The Broncos will be a tough out in the state playoffs in Class 4A.
5. Curie (5) (20-5, 8-2) - The Condors lost a close one to rival Kenwood in the Public League Playoff semifinals and they're going to be motivated entering the Class 4A state playoffs.
6. St. Joseph (7) (19-8, 8-1) - The Chargers lost to Fenwick in the Catholic League Tournament title game and now they turn their attention to the Class 3A playoffs. Senior Nick Rakocevic continues to put up great numbers.
7. Bogan (8) (17-7, 6-4) - After falling in the Public League Playoffs, the Bengals had the week off. They'll be a very tough out in Class 3A.
8. Benet (9) (24-3, 7-1) - Benet is still tied atop the ESCC standings at 7-1 and they've played great ball since the holiday season.
9. North Lawndale (11) (20-7, 8-2) - North Lawndale was another team with an off-week after the Public League Playoffs and they're a No. 2 seed in Class 3A.
10. Riverside-Brookfield (20-5, 12-0) - Riverside-Brookfield had a solid showing against Morgan Park but they can't get over the hump against elite teams. They'll have to beat some top-10 teams to win another sectional title like last season.
11. Marian Catholic (14) (18-5, 5-1) - Marian Catholic is tied atop the ESCC with Benet at 7-1 and they've been playing some good ball towards the end of the season.
12. Evanston (4) (21-4, 9-1) - The Wildkits saw their 13-game winning streak get snapped with weekend losses to Maine South and No. 1 Simeon. Junior Nojel Eastern needs to get back on track before the state playoffs.
13. Homewood-Flossmoor (14) (19-5, 11-1) - The Vikings have quietly piled up wins as they blew out Stagg this week. Homewood-Flossmoor is a No. 3 seed in the Bloom Sectional.
14. Whitney Young (15) (17-8, 8-2) - The Dolphins had the week off before the Public League Playoffs and they're a No. 4 seed, and home team, in Class 4A regional play.
15. Naperville North (16) (21-4, 14-1) - Naperville North picked up wins over Naperville Central and Waubonsie Valley this week as they continue their roll over the last two months. The Huskies are a No. 3 seed in the East Aurora Sectional.
16. Orr (17) (16-3, 10-0) - Orr was off this week as they try to prepare for a run in Class 2A. The Spartans are No. 1 seed in their own regional.
17. Vocational (18) (18-8, 4-6) - Vocational didn't play this past week but they're preparing for the Class 3A playoffs, where they could play Bogan in sectional play.
18. Thornton (12) (20-3, 11-1) - Thornton suffered a loss to Bloom during the week and then had a blowout win over Thornwood. Even with two losses in recent weeks, Thornton is still the No. 2 seed in the Bloom Sectional.
19. Deerfield (19) (24-3, 9-1) - Deerfield had an easy win over Maine West during the week. They're the No. 2 seed in the Glenbrook South Sectional in Class 4A.
20. Hyde Park (20) (18-7, 7-3) - Hyde Park was off during last week and they have a tough Class 3A draw to potentially play Mount Carmel for a regional title and Morgan Park right after that.
21. Hillcrest (21) (19-5, 11-0) - Hillcrest picked up a win over Oak Forest last week and they'll be a major threat in Class 3A. The Hawks are the No. 1 seed in the Streator Sectional.
22. Notre Dame (22) (20-6, 5-3) - In the Glenbrook South Sectional, Notre Dame is going to be a tough out since they've played so well recently. The Dons have the size to potentially disrupt Evanston if they matchup in sectional play.
23. Stevenson (23) (21-6, 10-2) - Stevenson is playing up to their capabilities as they beat Libertyville and Niles North this week. The Patriots are the No. 3 seed in the Glenbrook South Sectional in Class 4A.
24. Hinsdale South (24) (20-8, 9-3) - Hinsdale South picked up a double-digit win over Addison Trail as they could play Downers South again for a regional title in Class 4A.
25. Prairie Ridge (25) (22-3, 12-0) - The Wolves were winners over Woodstock last week to move to 12-0 in the Fox Valley Fox. They're a No. 1 seed in Class 4A in the Rock Valley Sectional.