After the Chicago Elite Classic, we've now seen each team in the @CSNPreps Power Rankings play at least one game this season and have a better sense of things going forward.
While the top five remain the same, there are some changes towards the bottom as three new teams enter the rankings. Morgan Park and Simeon remain No. 1 and No. 2 and they'll play against each other in a Red-South thriller this week.
1. Morgan Park (2-0) (1) - Charlie Moore had 55 points in the season-opening win over Bowen and Jamal Burton was impressive in the win over No. 9 Evanston.
2. Simeon (1-0) (2) - No. 2 Simeon topped No. 11 Whitney Young to end the Chicago Elite Classic as Zach Norvell had 19 points and eight rebounds. Big game against No. 1 Morgan Park on Thursday.
3. Kenwood (1-0) (3) - Kenwood had the week off after the Lake Forest Academy game was cancelled and they are playing in Detroit on Monday. The game at No. 25 Hyde Park on Thursday will be a key Red-Central game.
4. Fenwick (6-0) (4) - Fenwick had a good win at the Chicago Elite Classic over Oak Park-River Forest as junior Jacob Keller looked great in an 18-point, 10-rebound effort.
5. Bogan (3-0) (5) - The Bengals were off this week, but they have a busy week with a game in Detroit on Monday, Julian at home and then a road game at undefeated No. 22 Vocational on Thursday.
6. Curie (2-0) (7) - Picking up a win against one of the top players in the country, Thon Maker, and Orangeville Prep is huge for Curie as Devin Gage had 26 points and the game-winning basket.
7. St. Joseph (5-0) (9) - Nice win for St. Joseph over No. 20 De La Salle as they remain unbeaten on the season. Nick Rakocevic had 18 points and 17 rebounds and looked like a Player of the Year candidate.
8. Riverside-Brookfield (5-1) (6) - Riverside-Brookfield lost to a nationally-ranked Gonzaga (D.C.) team at the Chicago Elite Classic with Mark Smith battling a sprained ankle and without Skylar Nash and Henry Trelenberg.
9. Evanston (4-1) (8) - The Wildkits aren't quite ready to be among the area's elite after their performance against Morgan Park, but they're still one of the area's more talented teams.
10. Joliet West (6-0) (12) - Joliet West has moved to 6-0 as Trevian Bell had 15 points, eight rebounds and Jason Bingham scored 12 of his 14 points in the fourth quarter in a win over Bolingbrook.
11. Whitney Young (0-1) (10) - The Dolphins dropped a tough one to No. 2 Simeon in the Chicago Elite Classic but sophomore point guard Xavier Castenada leads a team that has some upside going forward.
12. Benet (5-0) (16) - Benet doesn't have any star players but they get it done with hard work, good shooting and a balanced effort. York will be an interesting test this week.
13. Notre Dame (5-1) (17) - Two quality wins for the Dons this week as they beat Hinsdale Central and Lincoln Park. Senior forward Ammar Becar came up with a huge 33 points in the win over the Lions.
14. Glenbard West (6-0) (18) - The Hilltoppers remain undefeated as Alex Passi banked in a half-court shot to beat Naperville Central. Senior wing Justin Pierce continues to put up big numbers.
15. Hinsdale South (4-1) (22) - Nice effort from senior big man Barret Benson as the Northwestern commit had 17 points, 14 rebounds and three blocks in a win over Morton.
16. Downers South (4-1) (23) - Downers South winning on the road at Proviso East was a quality win as junior forward T.J. Clifford had 22 points and eight rebounds.
17. Marian Catholic (4-2) (15) - Marian Catholic lost to a tough Mater Dei squad and they have to figure out how their talent will come together. Getting production from junior T.J. Smith is important.
18. Farragut (6-1) (24) - The Admirals picked up two wins during the week and have their sights set on Red-West rival No. 11 Whitney Young this week.
19. De La Salle (4-1) (19) - De La Salle dropped a road game at No. 7 St. Joseph but senior George Wilburn proved that he was for real by going for 31 points in the loss.
20. Deerfield (5-0) (25) - Good win for Deerfield over a talented Waukegan team and they'll face Glenbrook North and Maine East this week.
21. Oswego (5-1) (13) - Oswego dropped one to a tough Quincy team but they're still balanced and have a lot of experience. Oswego plays Plainfield Central on Friday.
22. Vocational (6-0) (NR) - Vocational was able to beat No. 25 Hyde Park to improve to 6-0 and they get to face a top Red-South rival in No. 5 Bogan later this week.
23. Maine South (5-0) (NR) - Playing great ball to start the season is Maine South, who are balanced and have plenty of floor spacing and patience. Milos Ljiljak's buzzer-beater against Loyola was huge.
24. Joliet Central (4-1) (NR) - Great start to the season for Joliet basketball as the Steelmen knocked off previously-ranked Homewood-Flossmoor to enter the Power Rankings.
25. Hyde Park (5-1) (20) - Hyde Park lost to Vocational last week but have a huge Red-Central contest this week as they host No. 3 Kenwood on Thursday.
Previously ranked: Bradley-Bourbonnais (3-1) (11), Homewood-Flossmoor (3-2) (14), Uplift (5-1) (21)