Not too many changes in the @CSNPreps Power Rankings this week as the top team remains the same and most of the top 12 remains in that rankings range.
The back of the rankings sees plenty of a shakeup, however, with five new teams entering the picture this week, including a couple of familiar faces from the Public League.
Be sure to check out High School Lites this Friday night at 11 p.m. on CSN and CSNChicago.com.
[MORE: High School Lites Week 6 roundup]
1. Morgan Park (12-1, 5-0) (1) -- The Mustangs defeated No. 24 Vocational and play Simeon again next Saturday.
2. Simeon (12-2, 4-1) (3) -- Four wins for the Wolverines was certainly impressive as they won in the Red-South and grabbed two out-of-state wins.
3. Kenwood (11-1, 6-0) (4) -- Beating Curie -- even without Devin Gage -- is a great conference win for the Broncos, who came from 15 points down in the fourth quarter to win.
4. Curie (12-2, 5-1) -- The Condors fell to Kenwood, but they were without DePaul commit and senior Devin Gage. They won two other games this week in impressive fashion.
5. Bogan (11-4, 4-2) (6) -- The Bengals lost to Simeon in overtime by a point and they still remain among the city's elite teams.
6. St. Joseph (12-3, 5-0) (7) -- Nice win for the Chargers over St. Ignatius before falling to a tough national opponent from Utah at T.F. North.
7. Evanston (12-2, 4-0) (8) -- Two solid wins for Evanston over Highland Park and Glenbrook South and they play Maine South this week.
8. Glenbard West (14-0, 2-0) (9) -- The Hilltoppers remain unbeaten as they beat St. Charles East and Oak Park-River Forest. Justin Pierce is a major Player of the Year threat.
9. Thornton (10-1, 4-0) (11) -- Thornton ran past a very good Lincoln Way-Central team in impressive fashion and they continue to impress.
10. Benet (12-2, 1-1) (17) -- One of the biggest wins of the season came when Benet beat Fenwick as it showed the Redwings can beat elite competition.
11. Fenwick (13-2, 4-0) (5) -- The Friars tripped up against Benet but the did pick up a solid home win over Notre Dame earlier in the week.
12. Notre Dame (11-3, 1-1) (10) -- The Dons lost to Fenwick on the road but they remain a major threat in the ESCC.
13. Marian Catholic (12-4, 2-0) (13) -- Two solid wins for Marian Catholic this week as they topped Providence and Brother Rice.
14. Naperville North (11-3, 3-1) (15) -- The Huskies earned back-to-back wins on Friday and Saturday night over Glenbard North and Neuqua Valley.
15. Riverside-Brookfield (12-2, 5-0) (16) -- Junior Henry Trelenberg made his season debut and he's another talented piece for the Bulldogs.
16. Whitney Young (9-4, 3-1) (18) -- The Dolphins had two double-digit wins and seem to really be hitting their stride. Lucas Williamson played well against an out-of-state opponent.
17. Hinsdale South (11-3, 3-1) (20) -- The Hornets picked up an easy win over Leyden and have an important game with Proviso East this week.
18. De La Salle (11-4, 2-2) (21) -- Winning at Loyola is never easy and the Meteors won by double digits.
19. Orr (10-2, 5-0) (NR) -- Orr has been playing in the White-West division but they're still a talented team with a great win over Homewood-Flossmoor.
20. North Lawndale (10-5, 3-2) (NR) -- North Lawndale has been impressive over the last few weeks and picked up two wins, including a good one over Farragut this week.
21. Zion-Benton (11-4, 3-1) (NR) -- The Zee-Bees are trying to separate themselves in the North Suburban Lake as they beat Lake Zurich and Libertyville last week.
22. Homewood-Flossmoor (9-4, 3-1) (24) -- After an impressive home win for the Vikings over Joliet West on Friday night, they fell to Orr on Saturday at T.F. North.
23. Joliet West (10-4, 2-2) (14) -- The Tigers looked bad in a loss to Homewood-Flossmoor on Friday but beat Richards and still have a lot of young talent.
24. Vocational (11-4, 2-3) (NR) -- Playing in the toughest conference in the area, the Red-South, will prepare the Cavaliers well for the postseason.
25. Hyde Park (11-4, 4-2) (NR) -- Hyde Park had three wins by double digits last week and has been playing really good ball lately.