After an important weekend of basketball that included some tournaments and shootouts, it's time for a new edition of the @CSNPreps Power Rankings. Not much has changed this week as four new teams enter the picture, but Fenwick made a power play by beating Simeon while some familiar faces re-entered the Power Rankings at the back.
1. Morgan Park (13-1, 6-0) (1) - The Mustangs didn't play Simeon but they did win against Julian. Charlie Moore might be the Player of the Year leader, but Jamal Burton and Jarrin Randall are both playing great this season.
2. Kenwood (13-1, 8-0) (3) - Impressive week for the Broncos as they won two Red-Central games by at least 17 points each, including a rematch against a talented Hyde Park team.
3. Curie (14-3, 7-1) (4) - Curie forfeited a game against a team from Indiana but easily won two Red-Central games last week. They're just waiting for the chance to play Kenwood with a fully healthy team.
4. Fenwick (15-2, 5-0) (11) - Huge win over Simeon for the Friars as they beat an elite area team and senior point guard Mike Smith had a huge night. That 38-point performance from Smith is a signature performance for him that should get Division I schools interested.
5. Bogan (15-4, 6-2) (5) - Bogan had a three-win week as they easily defeated No. 24 Vocational and Harlan before defeating an opponent from Michigan. Senior guard James Jones continues to make an underrated case for Player of the Year.
[MORE: Week 7 High School Lites roundup]
6. Simeon (14-3, 6-1) (2) - Tough loss for the Wolverines to No. 4 Fenwick as they need to figure out how to stop talented point guards like Mike Smith. Simeon also beat No. 24 Vocational in overtime this week.
7. Evanston (14-2, 5-0) (7) - Solid win for Evanston at home over Maine South as junior guard Nojel Eastern continues to look good this season. The Wildkits have a balanced attack around the selfless Eastern that makes them tough to defend.
8. Thornton (13-1, 5-0) (9) - Tremendous week for Thornton as they beat Joliet West, Thornwood and Whitney Young as they now look like a potential state title contender.
9. Glenbard West (15-0, 3-0) (8) - Senior Justin Pierce continues his potential Player of the Year run with a ridiculous game-winning buzzer beater to knock off Downers North. With multiple buzzer-beaters on the season, Glenbard West has been great in clutch spots.
10. St. Joseph (12-4, 5-0) (6) - The Chargers lost at the Hoop Hall Classic in Massachusetts but they have plenty of tests coming up with Morgan Park, Fenwick and Riverside-Brookfield all ahead.
11. Benet (16-3, 2-1) (10) - The Redwings split a pair of games with No. 12 Notre Dame (winning the more important ESCC game) and also defeated No. 23 Stevenson.
12. Notre Dame (15-4, 1-2) (12) - It was a positive sign for Notre Dame that they came back to beat No. 11 Benet in the Wheaton South title game on Monday while also beating Hinsdale South and York.
13. Marian Catholic (14-4, 2-0) (13) - Nice week for the Spartans as they won at the prestigious Flyin' to the Hoop event in Dayton while also beating a tough Mount Carmel team.
14. Naperville North (12-3, 3-1) (14) - Naperville North continues to win close games as they were able to outlast rival Naperville Central. They continue to look like a favorite in the DuPage Valley.
15. Riverside-Brookfield (13-2, 6-0) (15) - The Bulldogs picked up an easy win over St. Edward and they have some tough games coming up, including Fenwick.
16. Whitney Young (12-5, 6-1) (16) - Whitney Young lost to Thornton but easily beat Farragut and Urban Prep-West.
17. De La Salle (12-4, 3-2) (18) - De La Salle earned a close win over Marmion and need to keep winning Catholic League games to keep up with Fenwick and St. Joseph.
18. Orr (12-2, 7-0) (19) - Orr toppled Pespectives-MSA and Collins in conference play during the week.
19. North Lawndale (14-6, 5-2) (20) - North Lawndale lost to a talented team from Maryland but they won two Red-West games over Marshall and Westinghouse and also beat a team from Missouri.
20. Homewood-Flossmoor (11-4, 4-1) (22) - Two solid wins for the Vikings this week as they beat Stagg and Hales.
21. Proviso East (8-5, 3-1) (NR) - Proviso East enters the Power Rankings after knocking off Hinsdale South last week. This has been a different team since senior Antonio Williams entered the lineup.
22. T.F. North (12-1, 8-0) (NR) - T.F. North makes their season debut in the Power Rankings and they still haven't lost to an area opponent. They're one of the favorites along with Hillcrest in the South Suburban Blue.
23. Stevenson (13-5, 4-1) (NR) - Nice week for the Patriots as they placed third at Wheaton South with a win over Hinsdale South. Stevenson also beat Libertyville and Downers South as junior Justin Smith is starting to come into his own.
24. Vocational (12-6, 2-5) (24) - Vocational continues to have a tough time beating the Red-South's elite, but they took Simeon to overtime this week and pick up wins over everyone else they play.
25. Deerfield (16-3, 4-1) (NR) - Deerfield has quietly reached 16 wins after two more on Monday. They've been winning a lot of games by double digits lately as they battle for the Central Suburban North title.