With the short week following the holiday tournaments there weren't many changes to the Preps Power Rankings.
Twelve of last week's top 25 have yet to play a game during 2020. And many of the teams who did play faced out-of-state competition in showcase settings.
This week should see things really pick up as some crucial conference matchups take center stage.
1. Curie (12-1, 3-0) (1) -- The Condors finally fell to an out-of-state opponent in Callaway (MS) but bounced back with a win over Muskegon. Curie has three games this week -- including a showdown with No. 3 Bogan this week in conference play.
2. Evanston (13-0, 3-0) (2) -- Evanston had the week off as they prepare for the stretch run in the CSL South. The Wildkits get a challenge this week when they face Niles North in a top-25 showdown.
3. Bogan (14-1, 4-0) (3) -- The Bengals had the week off as they prepare to play No. 1 Curie in a Public League Red South/Central showdown this week.
4. Bloom (14-4, 3-1) (4) -- Traveling to Louisiana to play some strong out-of-state competition, the Blazing Trojans went 2-2 on the trip -- falling twice on Saturday. Bloom will look to get back on track against Rich East and Crete-Monee this week.
5. Morgan Park (7-5, 1-1) (5) -- Nice win for the Mustangs over Missouri power Hazelwood Central as Brandon Weston had a standout game. Morgan Park has conference matchups with Hyde Park and Vocational before a big matchup with Marian Catholic next weekend.
6. Whitney Young (7-6, 4-0) (6) -- Whitney Young had the week off before a busy week ahead with three matchups. Orr in conference play is a big road game and the Dolphins also travel to Highland to face Christian Brothers (MI) this weekend.
7. Loyola (14-1, 4-0) (7) -- Still unbeaten against Illinois competition, the Ramblers battle St. Rita, St. Ignatius and St. Viator in a week that should really test Loyola.
8. Notre Dame (15-2, 2-0) (8) -- The Dons made quick work out of Bulls Prep in a non-conference win. Interesting week for Notre Dame as they play St. Viator and Fenwick.
9. Thornton (14-0, 4-0) (9) -- Thornton stayed unbeaten with a win over Saginaw (MI). The Wildcats face Thornridge and Rich East this week as they attempt to stay atop the Southland.
10. Homewood-Flossmoor (11-1, 0-0) (10) -- The Vikings will try to maintain their recent momentum when they face Andrew and St. Laurence this week.
11. Lincoln Park (12-3, 3-1) (11) -- Lincoln Park returns to the area after heading out of state for the holidays. The Lions are busy with three matchups -- including a tough road game at North Lawndale.
12. DePaul Prep (12-2, 5-0) (12) -- After taking some time off, DePaul Prep is back in the mix with three games during the week. The Rams face St. Rita in a Catholic League crossover before hosting Deerfield in a shootout on Saturday.
13. Mundelein (13-1, 3-0) (13) -- Resting since Collinsville ended, the Mustangs have their biggest game of the season on Friday when they travel to Stevenson in a North Suburban showdown. Mundelein also has to face Willowbrook during a difficult week.
14. Waubonsie Valley (14-1, 2-1) (23) -- Waubonsie Valley has firmly established themselves in the Power Rankings with a notable blowout win over Marian Catholic. Red-hot the past few weeks, the Warriors are on the road at Lockport and Naperville Central this week.
15. Marian Catholic (11-4, 2-1) (14) -- The Spartans dropped a matchup to Waubonsie Valley in Moline after beating Carmel the night before. Marian Catholic has been up and down the past few games but they'll look to bounce back against St. Patrick and Morgan Park this week.
16. Bolingbrook (11-3, 0-0) (17) -- Off since Jack Tosh ended, the Raiders have an interesting week when they play Tinley Park and Neuqua Valley.
17. Stevenson (11-3, 3-0) (18) -- The Patriots were off this week as they prepare for a North Suburban showdown against Mundelein at home on Friday. That matchup could very well determine the conference race.
18. York (12-2, 2-0) (19) -- York has been off since the Jack Tosh title game as they prepare for the West Suburban Silver. The Dukes battle Downers North and Immaculate Conception this week.
19. Kankakee (11-1, 3-1) (20) -- Off week for the Kays as they continue to fly under the radar. Kankakee will have a fun game with Danville in a shootout this week that should be one of the tougher games on the schedule so far this season.
20. Glenbrook South (13-2, 3-0) (16) -- Glenbrook South dropped one to Peoria Notre Dame on Saturday as they've dropped two straight. The Titans will try to get back on track when they play Maine South and Palatine this week.
21. Niles North (12-2, 3-0) (21) -- A week off for the Vikings as they have two road games during the week against Evanston and Highland Park. The showdown with the Wildkits will be a big chance to see where Niles North stands among the area's elite.
22. Joliet West (12-2, 6-0) (22) -- Cruising to a win over Minooka, Joliet West continued its solid recent stretch play. Both Oswego schools are on the schedule this week, which will be a nice test in the Southwest Prairie for the Tigers.
23. Orr (8-5, 3-1) (24) -- The Spartans picked up a win over T.F. South after leaving Illinois for the holidays. Orr has a monster week ahead with three games, including a home matchup against Whitney Young in conference play.
24. Oak Forest (13-1, 5-0) (25) -- Oak Forest continued its strong recent stretch with a blowout win over Argo. The Bengals get an intriguing matchup against Oak Lawn in a South Suburban crossover on Friday night.
25. St. Charles North (11-3, 4-0) (NR) -- The North Stars are back in the Power Rankings with an impressive win over Lake Park on the road. In the driver's seat of the DuKane right now, St. Charles North faces Glenbard North and Batavia this week.