Add another Morgan Park product to the illustrious Illinois Mr. Basketball list.
The Chicago Tribune named Morgan Park senior guard and Illinois commit Adam Miller the 2020 recipient of the award. With 142 points, Miller edged out Whitney Young guard and Duke commit DJ Steward (140). Voting is conducted by state coaches and media.
Miller averaged 23.9 points, 6.5 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 2.3 steals this season, leading Morgan Park to a 22-9 record. The Mustangs lost to Simeon in the public league championship game and advanced to the Class 3A sectional final, prior to the season being canceled due to COVID-19.
Miller is the first Morgan Park winner since Charlie Moore (now at DePaul) in 2016. He'll join an Illinois squad which likely is losing Ayo Dosunmu, who recently declared for the 2020 NBA draft.
A look at the voting breakdown, with first place tallies in parentheses:
1. Adam Miller, Chicago Morgan Park, Sr., 142 points (21)
2. DJ Steward, Chicago Whitney Young, Sr., 140 points (19)
3. Max Christie, Rolling Meadows, Jr., 37 points (3)
4. Ray’Sean Taylor, Collinsville, Sr., 30 points (3)
5. Bryce Hopkins, Oak Park Fenwick, Jr., 27 points (2)
6. Dom Martinelli, Glenbard South, Sr., 25 points (3)
7. Ahron Ulis, Chicago Marian Catholic, Sr., 15 points (1)
8. Isaiah Rivera, Geneseo, Sr., 13 points
9. Ramean Hinton, Chicago Curie, Sr., 11 points
T-10. Jackson Connor, Marion, Sr., 7 points (1)
T-10. Connor Heaton, Moweaqua Central A&M, Sr., 7 points