Chaos in the Power Rankings this week as six new teams enter the mix while a host of others suffered losses and moved some spots. With most of the teams in the Rankings moving to a new spot, it makes for some fun storylines to follow during a busy Martin Luther King Day weekend of basketball.
High School Lites will feature a handful of these teams during the week as the show airs Friday night at 11 p.m. on NBC Sports Chicago.
1. Curie (18-1) (1) -- Taking down Bogan to stay unbeaten in the Public League Red South/Central, the Condors are the clear No. 1 in the area.
2. Bloom (17-1) (3) -- Continuing to blaze through the Southland, Bloom is winning most games by double digits.
3. Bogan (17-2) (2) -- The Bengals dropped a conference game against Curie but they still remain in the conference and city mix as they remain a major threat.
4. Morgan Park (15-3) (4) -- A busy week for the Mustangs, piling up solid wins over DePaul Prep and Rich East in the process.
5. Whitney Young (14-6) (6) -- Busy week for the Dolphins with two conference road games (Uplift, North Lawndale) and a trip to the Hoop Hall Classic in Springfield.
6. Evanston (17-3) (7) -- The Wildkits started a hectic stretch with a quality win over New Trier as they prepare to face Glenbrook South and Bolingbrook.
7. Bolingbrook (11-3) (10) -- Unbeaten against Illinois competition, the Raiders will soon be tested by an upcoming schedule that includes H-F, Evanston and Morgan Park.
8. Marian Catholic (16-2) (5) -- Falling to Loyola over the weekend, Marian Catholic suffered its first defeat with a full lineup.
9. Homewood-Flossmoor (12-4) (11) -- Riding a three-game winning streak, the Vikings have a huge clash with Bolingbrook this week.
10. DePaul Prep (13-4) (12) -- The Rams lost a tight one to Morgan Park, but they have to look ahead to a busy week that includes St. Laurence and New Trier.
11. Providence-St. Mel (15-4) (18) -- The Knights have looked strong since the holidays as they continue to stay in the Catholic League White race.
12. Benet (14-3) (19) -- The Redwings are still undefeated in the ESCC and they'll be a favorite in the Wheaton-Warrenville South tournament during the weekend.
13. Simeon (9-9) (20) -- The state's best .500 team is starting to figure things out as the Wolverines are very dangerous.
14. Loyola (15-4) (22) -- Impressing with a win over Marian Catholic over the weekend, the Ramblers continue to climb the Power Rankings.
15. New Trier (15-3, 5-1) (17) -- Losing to rival Evanston, the Trevians had a strong comeback before falling short. New Trier has some good games with Maine South and DePaul Prep this week.
16. Geneva (16-1) (8) -- Finally dropping a game to Lake Park, the Vikings will try to recover quickly to stay in the competitive DuKane Conference mix.
17. St. Rita (13-6) (23) -- Atop the Catholic League White, the Mustangs have quietly played very well over the last month.
18. Lincoln Park (12-6) (NR) -- Playing an incredibly difficult schedule has paid off for the Lions, who are battle-tested and one of the area's best road teams.
19. Oak Park-River Forest (11-6) (NR) -- Ranked in the preseason, it looks like OPRF is rounding into form as the Huskies are playing balanced team ball during a dominant win over York.
20. York (15-2) (14) -- The Dukes earned a West Suburban Silver win over Glenbard West before a blowout loss to OPRF.
21. St. Laurence (17-3) (NR) -- Quickly back in the rankings following a notable Catholic League win over Leo, St. Laurence has a dangerous offense.
22. Leo (13-5) (13) -- Dropping two games during the week, Leo needs to regroup before two games this week against St. Francis de Sales and Crete-Monee.
23. Orr (13-7) (NR) -- The Spartans are the only unbeaten team in the Public League Red North/West as they knocked off Uplift last week.
24. Stevenson (13-3) (NR) -- Taking down previously-ranked Waukegan demonstrates how dangerous the Patriots are now that they are getting healthy.
25. Aurora Christian (16-3) (NR) -- An impressive win over Riverside-Brookfield lands Aurora Christian in the Power Rankings.