The Power Rankings see some changes this week as some new teams enter the mix. With conference play right in the thick of things, we're starting to see a lot of parity in the backend of the rankings as the top pack is starting to separate themselves. But there are still plenty of interesting games to be played as we have some ranked matchups in store for this week.
1. Curie (24-1) (1) -- Remaining No. 1 after a big win over Hazelwood Christian, the Condors will be the favorites to win the city tournament.
2. Bogan (20-2) (3) -- The Bengals continue to pile up double-digits wins as they're a big threat to win city.
3. Morgan Park (22-3) (4) -- The winning streak has reached 18 games for the Mustangs as Shawn Washington has emerged as a major threat alongside Adam Miller.
4. Whitney Young (19-6) (5) -- Big game from Tyler Beard as the Dolphins are starting to click on all cylinders before the city playoffs.
5. Evanston (20-4) (7) -- Impressive week for the Wildkits in double-digit wins over Maine South and Normal West. Loyola Academy presents a big game this week.
6. Bloom (19-2) (2) -- Bloom fell in conference play to Kankakee as they have games against Rich Central and Urbana this week.
7. Marian Catholic (21-3) (8) -- Three wins for the Spartans during the week -- including a 2-0 trip to Quincy and a notable win over Naperville North.
8. Homewood-Flossmoor (13-5) (9) -- Quality win for the Vikings over Hillcrest by double-digits as they re-established themselves as one of the area's best.
9. New Trier (19-3) (10) -- Four wins in a row for New Trier as the Trevians have a tough game against Glenbrook South this week.
10. St. Laurence (19-3) (11) -- St. Laurence had the week off as they prepare for Conant and Loyola Academy.
11. Geneva (20-1) (13) -- Looking strong since its only loss to Lake Park, the Vikings will be tested against St. Charles North, St. Charles East and Aurora Christian this week.
12. DePaul Prep (14-7) (12) -- The Rams will try to get back on track with games against Brother Rice and St. Joseph as they've dropped four of five.
13. Lincoln Park (16-6) (15) -- A seven-game winning streak has Lincoln Park flying high as they look like a dangerous team in the City Tournament.
14. St. Rita (17-7) (14) -- The Mustangs traveled to Alaska as they went 2-1 in a tournament there last week.
15. York (21-3) (16) -- Nice week for the Dukes with multiple conference wins. York gets a great game with Oswego East during the week.
16. Providence-St. Mel (18-5) (19) -- Scoring big wins over Montini and North Chicago, the Knights are on the road for two this week.
17. Stevenson (17-3) (21) -- With an eight-game winning streak, Stevenson faces Libertyville in conference play this week.
18. Waukegan (20-4) (22) -- On a seven-game winning streak, the Bulldogs are quietly playing some of the best ball of any team in the area.
19. Orr (16-10) (18) -- Continuing to play a tough schedule, Orr fell to Whitney Young and an out-of-area team in Lanphier.
20. Simeon (13-12) (NR) -- Following a three-win week, the Wolverines emerge back into the rankings. Although the Wolverines fell to rival Morgan Park, bouncing back with a win over Bolingbrook was impressive.
21. Brother Rice (16-6) (NR) -- Back in the Power Rankings are the Crusaders following strong wins over Marist and Leo. Brother Rice gets another big game with DePaul Prep this week.
22. Leo (16-6) (17) -- The Lions dropped one in conference play to Brother Rice as they face another test with Mount Carmel this week.
23. Oak Park-River Forest (13-7) (25) -- The Huskies cruised to victory over Hinsdale Central to remain with York in the West Suburban Silver.
24. Bolingbrook (14-6) (6) -- Tough week for the Raiders dropping three games as they try to figure things out for the stretch run.
25. Farragut (14-6, 5-4) (NR) -- The Admirals have only lost to top-15 teams since mid-December as they've quietly amassed a quality season.