The Preps Basketball Power Rankings saw a lot of changes this week thanks to a lot of teams losing in the middle of the pack. With a lot of movement in the middle, and three new teams entering the mix, it makes for an interesting final full week of the regular season for all classes of boys basketball.
With conference races coming to a close, and the Public League Playoffs entering the quarterfinals, it should be a busy week of action all over the area.
1. Curie (26-1) (1) -- The Condors are still unbeaten against Illinois competition as they'll face another strong opponent this week in No. 18 Farragut.
2. Bogan (22-2) (2) -- Rashaun Agee continues to look like a potential Player of the Year as the Bengals remain a Public League Playoff favorite. The Bengals travel to Orr this week for the quarterfinals.
3. Morgan Park (24-3) (3) -- Two double-digit wins to open the Public League Playoffs for the Mustangs as Morgan Park plays No. 10 Lincoln Park in the quarterfinals this week.
4. Whitney Young (22-6) (4) -- Ten consecutive wins for the Dolphins as they're one of the city's hottest teams. The Dolphins face Simeon on Tuesday night in the Public League Playoffs.
5. Evanston (24-4) (5) -- With a six-game winning streak heading into a road rivalry game at New Trier, the Wildkits are playing well down the stretch.
6. Bloom (21-3) (6) -- The Blazing Trojans earned a tight road win at Rich East as they prepare for a big clash with No. 25 Thornton this week.
7. Marian Catholic (24-3) (7) -- Knocking off Benet on the road and earning a win in Wisconsin, the Spartans continue to look impressive in big games. The Spartans have a huge ESCC clash with St. Viator this week.
8. Homewood-Flossmoor (18-5) (8) -- Riding a six-game winning streak, the Vikings have an important week with games against Stagg and Bolingbrook.
9. Geneva (24-1) (11) -- Since losing to Lake Park, the Vikings have ripped off nine straight wins -- eight of them coming by double-digits. A road game at Wheaton North and a rematch with Lake Park makes for another big week.
10. Lincoln Park (20-6) (13) -- The young Lions continue to pile up wins as they earned three last week. Lincoln Park gets a huge game at Morgan Park in the Public League Playoffs this week.
11. St. Rita (20-7) (14) -- Impressive win for the Mustangs at Leo as they continue to look balanced and dangerous. Huge Catholic League week for St. Rita with Mount Carmel and Providence-St. Mel.
12. Stevenson (21-3) (17) -- Twelve straight wins for the Patriots as they're one of the area's hottest teams. Huge road game at Waukegan this week for Stevenson.
13. Waukegan (22-4) -- Nine straight wins for Waukegan since the loss at Stevenson as the two teams collide for a rematch at the Dog Pound this week.
14. Orr (18-10) (19) -- Two wins in the Public League Playoffs for the Spartans a they took down Clark and Corliss. No. 2 Bogan looms in the next round.
15. Simeon (15-13) (20) -- Solid win over Lane in the Public League Playoffs as the Wolverines face rival Whitney Young in the Public League Playoffs on Tuesday.
16. Providence-St. Mel (21-6) (16) -- After a 1-1 week that included a loss in Wisconsin, the Knights have a huge week with Catholic League games against Leo and at St. Rita.
17. Bolingbrook (17-6) (22) -- The Raiders will try to sweep the season series with H-F this week while they also head to Lockport earlier in the week.
18. Farragut (17-6) (23) -- Six straight wins for Farragut as they earned a notable second-round Public League Playoff win over Kenwood. Major test at No. 1 Curie this week for the Admirals.
19. OPRF (16-8) (24) -- Nice week for the Huskies, with quality wins over Glenbard West and No. 20 York. Downers North is OPRF's next game this week.
20. York (24-4) (15) -- The Dukes fell to OPRF at home as they were swept by the Huskies in the season series. Two road games (Proviso West, Hinsdale Central) loom this week.
21. New Trier (22-4) (9) -- The Trevians fell to Niles North, but big man Ciaran Brayboy should hopefully return before the end of the season. Huge rivalry game with Evanston this week.
22. St. Laurence (21-5) (10) -- Two losses to De La Salle and Fenwick drop the Vikings down 12 spots this week. They'll try to bounce back against St. Ignatius and Brother Rice this week.
23. St. Viator (20-5) (NR) -- Trey Calvin returns to the lineup for the Lions as they've won six of their last seven without him. St. Viator is still poised to be a major 3A contender.
24. Riverside-Brookfield (22-4) (NR) -- The Bulldogs have nine wins in a row as they've played very well over the last month. R-B gets a crack at Aurora Christian at home this week after losing to them in January.
25. Thornton (19-6) (NR) -- On a nine-game winning streak, Thornton has turned around its season after an average start. A huge game with Bloom happens this week.