The latest Preps Power Rankings see a ton of changes this week thanks to a lot of top-25 matchups in the Public League Playoffs. With eight ranked city teams facing up to three games this week, there was a lot to keep tabs on as we're only a week away from the Class 3A/4A boys basketball state playoffs from starting.
Here's a look at the latest Power Rankings as we head into the home stretch.
1. Curie (29-1) (1) -- The state's best team by a wide margin (based on regular season accomplishments) Curie put the icing on the cake by winning the Public League Playoffs. The Condors have the rare mix of star power and balance as they're the favorites in 4A right now.
2. Morgan Park (26-4) (3) -- Morgan Park finally saw its winning streak snapped during the Public League Playoff finals as they'll be the favorites to win again in Class 3A.
3. Evanston (25-4) (5) -- Beating rival New Trier for another solid win, the Wildkits are rolling as they try to make it back down to Peoria.
4. Bloom (23-3) (6) -- Solid wins over Thornton and Rich South during the week as Bloom prepares for a postseason being a hunted team.
5. Simeon (16-14) (15) -- Figuring things out after an up-and-down season, Simeon broke through with a win over rival Whitney Young before giving Morgan Park a huge scare in the semis.
6. Bogan (22-3) (2) -- The Bengals fell to Orr in the Public League Playoffs as they'll try to regroup for the Class 3A playoffs.
7. Whitney Young (22-7) (4) -- Whitney Young fell to Simeon in the Public League Playoff semifinals as the Dolphins continue to lack major tournament titles this season.
8. Orr (19-11) (14) -- The Spartans made a huge impression by knocking off Bogan in the city quarterfinals as they Class 2A champs will be a tough out in the state playoffs.
9. Geneva (27-1) (9) -- Quietly, Geneva continues to pile up wins as they have 12 straight after their only loss to Lake Park.
10. Lincoln Park (20-7) (10) -- The Lions fell in the Public League Playoff quarterfinals to Morgan Park as they prepare for the State Playoffs.
11. Providence-St. Mel (23-6) (16) -- Monster week for Providence-St. Mel by handily beating St. Rita and also holding off Leo. They look like the team to beat in Class 1A.
12. Bolingbrook (19-6) (17) -- Sweeping Homewood-Flossmoor should give Bolingbrook a ton of confidence as the Raiders are
13. St. Viator (23-5) (23) -- The Lions look like they're back as point guard Trey Calvin's return makes them a 3A favorite. The win over Marian Catholic was huge.
14. Marian Catholic (24-4) (7) -- Falling on the road to St. Viator in ESCC play, the Spartans finish the regular season with Joliet Catholic.
15. St. Rita (21-8) (11) -- The Mustangs saw their recent hot-streak stopped by Providence-St. Mel but they bounced back with an important Catholic League win over DePaul Prep.
16. OPRF (17-8) (19) -- OPRF maintained its pace with a tight win over Downers North. This week sees Proviso East and the West Suburban title game.
17. Farragut (17-7) (18) -- The Admirals lost in the quarterfinals of the Public League Playoffs to Curie as Aaron Strong and company will be tough in 3A.
18. Homewood-Flossmoor (19-7) (8) -- Homewood-Flossmoor lost again to Bolingbrook while also dropping a game to Maine South. The Vikings don't have a top-25 win since December.
19. York (26-4) (20) -- Earning two wins in conference play, York continues to beat the teams they should.
20. St. Laurence (24-5) (22) -- Three wins for the Vikings last week after some recent losses. St. Laurence remains an intriguing Class 3A team.
21. Riverside-Brookfield (25-4) (24) -- Twelve consecutive wins for the Bulldogs as they now have the most regular-season wins in school history.
22. Benet (21-7) (NR) -- Back in the Power Rankings after a notable win over Stevenson, the Redwings get a crack at St. Viator in ESCC play this week.
23. Stevenson (23-4) (12) -- After a strong North Suburban overtime win over Waukegan, the Patriots finally fell to Benet on the road.
24. Waukegan (23-5) (13) -- Senior Bryant Brown became the Bulldogs' all-time leading scorer last week, but the Bulldogs fell to Stevenson in overtime during the week.
25. Maine South (21-9, 5-5) Peaking at the right time, Maine South has eight straight wins -- including a notable win over Homewood-Flossmoor over the weekend.