A slow week before the Martin Luther King weekend events means minimal changes to this week's Power Rankings.
Only one new team enters the mix, while only a few ranked teams lost during the week. This week should see tons of changes thanks to shootouts and tournaments going on all over the state.
1. Curie (14-1, 5-0) (1) -- Massive win for the Condors over No. 5 Bogan in conference play as they stay in the driver's seat in the Red South/Central. Curie showed they can win against a top team without a huge game from senior Ramean Hinton.
2. Evanston (16-0, 4-0) (2) -- Quality win for the Wildkits taking down Niles North to stay unbeaten. The Wildkits get another intriguing matchup against Hillcrest this week.
3. Bloom (16-4, 5-1) (4) -- Two blowout wins for the Blazing Trojans during the week. Bloom will be heavily favored again this week with matchups against Rich South and Rich Central.
4. Whitney Young (9-6, 5-0) (6) -- D.J. Steward had a potential signature performance with 40 points against Christian Brothers (MO) at the Highland Shootout. It was also a strong win for Whitney Young before a week that includes two conference home games and a trip to Hoop Hall.
5. Bogan (16-2, 5-1) (3) -- Bogan lost a tight road game to Curie in Red South/Central league play. The Bengals bounced back with two wins as they prepare for Kenwood and Lindblom this week.
6. Loyola (17-1, 6-0) (7) -- Loyola retained the Jesuit Cup over St. Ignatius before taking down St. Viator in overtime the next day. The Ramblers are still unbeaten against Illinois competition as that will be heavily tested against No. 9 Homewood-Flossmoor this week.
7. Notre Dame (17-2, 3-0) (8) -- The Dons continue to pile up impressive wins, this time over St. Viator and Fenwick. Notre Dame will face Morgan Park in a huge showdown at Fenwick on Monday.
8. Thornton (16-0, 6-0) (9) -- Still unbeaten, the Southland leaders face a major test in No. 9 Homewood-Flossmoor during the week. The Wildcats will look to add another top-ten win to its profile.
9. Homewood-Flossmoor (13-1, 0-0) (10) -- The Vikings earned two more victories to stay in the top ten. Homewood-Flossmoor faces two top-ten teams this week as they're scheduled to face Thornton and Loyola.
10. Lincoln Park (14-3, 5-1) (11) -- Even in the midst of controversy with suspended head coach Pat Gordon, the Lions are playing great ball with wins over North Lawndale and Lane. The Lions have a tough game against No. 20 Joliet West at Hyde Park this week.
11. DePaul Prep (15-2, 6-0) (12) -- Three wins for the Rams during the week. DePaul Prep gets three more games this week when they play Manual and two Catholic League matchups.
12. Marian Catholic (13-4, 3-1) (15) -- The Spartans got back on track with a notable win over Morgan Park at DePaul Prep. It's hard to figure out Marian Catholic at this point in the season but they maintain a very high ceiling.
13. Morgan Park (9-6, 3-1) (5) -- Morgan Park dropped a game to Marian Catholic at DePaul Prep. Even with all of the star power, the Mustangs can't seem to figure out how to best play together yet.
14. Waubonsie Valley (16-1, 3-1) (14) -- Two double-digit wins for the Warriors as they continue to be one of the area's hottest teams. Waubonsie Valley plays at Burlington Central this week for Martin Luther King events.
15. Stevenson (12-3, 4-0) (17) -- The North Suburban is now in Stevenson's control following a massive conference win over Mundelein. The Patriots play on the road, including an intriguing matchup in Libertyville during the week.
16. Mundelein (14-2, 3-1) (13) -- The Mustangs dropped a North Suburban road game at Stevenson. Mundelein deserves credit for a solid follow-up win against Willowbrook the next day. Strong week of games for the Mustangs once again as they play Libertyville and No. 19 Glenbrook South at Lake Zurich.
17. York (14-2, 3-0) (18) -- York stayed the course with two wins during the week. Huge week in conference play for the Dukes when they host Glenbard West and Oak Park-River Forest.
18. Kankakee (13-1, 4-1) (19) -- The Kays won two during the week, including a blowout win over Danville. Kankakee stays in Southland play this week with two winnable games.
19. Glenbrook South (15-2, 4-0) (20) -- The Titans picked up two wins, including a win over Palatine at Lake Zurich. Glenbrook South matches up with New Trier and Mundelein this week. The game against the Mustangs should be a fun matchup of top-25 teams.
20. Joliet West (15-2, 8-0) (22) -- Strong week for Joliet West knocking off Oswego and Oswego East for two quality wins. A strong matchup against Lincoln Park looms at Hyde Park on Monday.
21. Niles North (13-3, 4-0) (21) -- Niles North lost in a test against No. 2 Evanston as Aquan Smart continues his All-Area campaign. The bounceback win over Highland Park maintains control of the CSL North for the Vikings.
22. Orr (10-5, 4-1) (23) -- The Spartans earned two during the week to stay in the mix in the Red North/West. Orr has two conference road games this week and a trip to East St. Louis to face Cardinal Ritter (MO).
23. Oak Forest (15-1, 7-0) (24) -- Oak Forest made a strong statement with a double-digit win over Oak Lawn during the week. The Bengals hit the road to play TF South this week.
24. St. Charles North (12-3, 5-0) (25) -- The North Stars earned an easy conference win during the week. St. Charles North faces Batavia and Libertyville for two tougher matchups this week.
25. DeKalb (14-3, 4-0) (NR) -- After a 2-3 start, DeKalb has run off a winning streak to get into the rankings for the first time this season. The Barbs own wins over No. 14 Waubonsie Valley and Neuqua Valley as they lead the DuPage Valley.