Not many changes to the NBC Sports Chicago Preps Power Rankings this week. The top six teams all went undefeated and only a handful of ranked teams even lost.
But there are still three new teams in the mix this week as a few teams drop out. With the Public League Playoff quarterfinals and some major conference matchups in the Catholic League and North Suburban this week, we should see plenty of shakeups by the time next week rolls around.
1. Curie (23-1, 8-0) (1) -- The Condors won three more games despite head coach Mike Oliver being away from the team. Curie will have its hands full in the Public League Playoff quarterfinals this week with a matchup against Orr.
2. Bogan (22-2, 8-1) (2) -- Bogan cruised into the Public League Playoff quarterfinals with an impressive double-digit win over Phillips. The Bengals will face another White Division upstart when they play Crane in the next round.
3. Whitney Young (18-8, 8-1) (3) -- Three more wins for the Dolphins this week, including senior guard Tyler Beard's Dunk of the Year candidate. Whitney Young gets a chance at revenge against Morgan Park in the Public League Playoff quarterfinals on Tuesday.
4. Bloom (22-5, 11-1) (4) -- The Blazing Trojans earned another good road victory at Kankakee to stay in the mix in the Southland. Bloom has a light week with only a matchup against Crete-Monee on Friday.
5. Thornton (25-1, 12-1) (5) -- Another strong week for the Wildcats, including notable wins at Kankakee and against Ritter (MO). Thornton will be tested on the road this week when they play Rich East in Southland play.
6. Notre Dame (25-3, 7-0) (6) -- Notre Dame put together a strong week with double-digit wins over rival St. Patrick and Hersey. The Dons will try to keep their ESCC lead when they go on the road to battle Benet this week.
7. Evanston (23-3, 7-1) (8) -- Following a sluggish stretch, the Wildkits bounced back with two notable wins over Maine South and elite five-star junior Patrick Baldwin and Sussex Hamilton (WI). Evanston goes on the road against Niles West this week.
8. Homewood-Flossmoor (20-3, 4-0) (9) -- Impressive win for the Vikings over Bolingbrook during a 2-0 week. H-F now leads the SouthWest Suburban Blue with two home games against Lockport and Lincoln-Way East during the week.
9. Simeon (19-8, 7-2) (10) -- Monster week for the Wolverines with wins in the Public League Playoffs and against downstate power Collinsville. Simeon has clearly found its footing after an up-and-down start as they're a major postseason threat. Simeon battles Kenwood in the Public League Playoffs on Tuesday.
10. DePaul Prep (20-3, 10-1) (12) -- The Rams smashed St. Joseph to keep pace in the Catholic League Blue. DePaul Prep faces De La Salle and Fenwick this week as the matchup with the Friars will be huge for the conference standings.
11. Marian Catholic (20-7, 6-1) (13) -- Really strong week for the Spartans with wins over Brother Rice, Benet and Madison East (WI). Marian Catholic will try to stay with Notre Dame in the ESCC race with a game against St. Viator this week.
12. Morgan Park (17-8, 6-2) (14) -- The Mustangs rolled into the Public League Playoff quarterfinals by running past Westinghouse. Morgan Park gets another highly-anticipated matchup against Whitney Young on Tuesday as they try to beat the Dolphins for the second time this season.
13. Glenbrook South (23-3, 8-0) (15) -- Finishing the season undefeated at home, Glenbrook South continues to pile up wins. The Titans face Maine South and Highland Park during a week that should test them.
14. Stevenson (18-4, 8-1) (16) -- Big win for the Patriots in taking down Loyola for another high-quality win. Perhaps the biggest week of the season for Stevenson when they play Lake Zurich and get a North Suburban rematch at Mundelein for the top of the league standings.
15. Mundelein (21-3, 8-1) (17) -- The Mustangs held off a much-improved Lake Forest squad for an overtime win to stay in the North Suburban race. Facing Zion-Benton and a rematch with Stevenson this week, Mundelein has a lot going on the next few days.
16. Loyola (23-3, 11-0) (7) -- Loyola dropped a game to Stevenson to fall in the rankings. The Ramblers still maintain a lead in the Catholic League Blue with games against Brother Rice and Providence this week.
17. Bolingbrook (21-5, 3-1) (11) -- Bolingbrook dropped an important conference game to Homewood-Flossmoor to stall their recent momentum. The Raiders have a light week when they go on the road to play Lincoln-Way East.
18. Oak Forest (23-1, 11-0) (18) -- The Bengals continue to win as they took down Ag. Science and T.F. North. Oak Forest plays Lemont this week in South Suburban Blue conference play.
19. Fenwick (20-5, 10-1) (20) -- The Friars picked up a solid Catholic League win over Brother Rice to stay in the hunt. Three games for Fenwick this week when they face St. Ignatius, DePaul Prep and Yorkville Christian.
20. Joliet West (22-4, 13-0) (23) -- A depleted Joliet West continues to win as they earned a notable win over Hillcrest in non-conference play. The Tigers winning without senior guard Jamere Hill shows the talent level of this team heading into the postseason stretch. Joliet West faces rival Joliet Central this week.
21. Orr (17-6, 7-2) (NR) -- Riding a seven-game winning streak where each win was by double digits, the Spartans are looking very dangerous right now. Tuesday's Public League Playoff quarterfinal matchup against Curie will be a major test to see where Orr stands among the area's elite.
22. Hinsdale South (25-2, 9-0) (22) -- The winning streak has reached 13 games for the Hornets as they have yet to lose in 2020. Although the schedule has been weak, Hinsdale South is taking care of business. The Hornets play Leyden and Proviso East this week.
23. York (23-3, 7-1) (24) -- Nate Shockey's heroics helped keep the Dukes rolling as his buzzer-beater lifted York past Oswego East. Big conference week for York as they host Downers North and go on the road to face OPRF.
24. Niles North (21-4, 8-0) (NR) -- The Vikings are back in the Power Rankings with some recent wins following the slip-up against Clark. Niles North is busy with three games this week when they play Taft, Highland Park and Schurz.
25. Cary-Grove (23-3, 13-1) (NR) -- Two double-digit wins have Cary-Grove back in the Power Rankings. The leaders of the Fox Valley face McHenry and Hampshire during the week.