PREGAME SHOOTAROUND: Pac-12 action on your football Sunday
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 8 Arizona at Arizona State, 2:00 p.m.
In my Weekend Preview that was published on Friday, I said that Arizona was the team that should be on upset alert this weekend. There’s a couple of reasons for that: 1. They’re on the road against an in-state rival that’s proven to be scrappy and capable of knocking off a better opponent; 2. While the Wildcats are probably the class of the Pac-12, this isn’t the same Arizona team that we’re used to seeing; and 3. It’s a weird tip-time, being played at 11:00 a.m. local time on a Sunday. At the very least, this should be a good game in a fun environment.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR
- There will be two games on NBCSN this afternoon, with UMass visiting La Salle in a 5:00 p.m. tip and Fordham playing at George Washington at 7:00 p.m.
- No. 21 Utah gave away a game at Stanford on Friday, which will likely hurt if Cal continues to play up to their ability.
- We’re going to get a real sense of whether or not Wake Forest is truly a tournament team when they play at No. 18 Louisville at 8:00 p.m. Louisville will be without Trey Lewis, who suffered an ankle injury in practice.
- Hopefully Oregon will play better than their football counterparts when they visit Oregon State at 7:00 p.m.
- Wichita State will get tested on the road in league play at Bradley in 3:00 p.m. tip.
- No. 25 UCLA at Washington State, 9:00 p.m.
- Colorado at Stanford, 10:00 p.m.
- USC at Washington, 3:00 p.m.
- Illinois at Ohio State, 5:00 p.m.