Team transactions came fast and furious during Wednesday's opening of the new NFL league year, and all of the action was covered on Rotoworld's Player News Page. With most of the top players now under contract, these are the Top 50 Unrestricted Free Agents remaining entering day two.
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick -- Only starting-caliber QB left. Still seems likely to stay in NYJ.
2. Russell Okung -- Quality LT starter when healthy. 13 missed games last 3 years.
3. Prince Amukamara -- Giants moved on by signing Janoris Jenkins. Linked to NYJ.
4. Sean Smith -- Plus-sized press CB. Update: Signed with OAK on Thurs. morning.
5. Reggie Nelson -- Coming off 8-interception season. Entering age-33 campaign.
6. Eric Weddle -- Turned 31 in January. Market has been surprisingly quiet so far.
7. Donald Penn -- Will turn 33 in April. Still a high-end pass-protecting left tackle.
8. Robert Ayers -- Can play DE & DT. 9.5 sacks in 2015. Visited Bucs on Wednesday.
9. Jerrell Freeman -- Turns 30 in May. PFF's No. 2-graded inside linebacker in '15.
10. Greg Hardy -- 22 sacks in last 27 games. Market silent due to character issues.
11. Kelvin Beachum -- Undersized LT (6'3/303) coming off ACL tear. Turns 27 in June.
12. Nick Fairley -- Turned 28 in Jan. Rotational DT only, but can dominate in spurts.
13. Casey Hayward -- Ascending 26-year-old slot corner. Not expected back in GB.
14. Chris Long -- Injuries have limited Long to three sacks over his last 16 games.
15. Cedric Thornton -- Run-stuffing 3-4 end. Does not help in passing situations.
16. Patrick Robinson -- Had career-best year with Bolts. Can cover slot & outside.
17. Louis Vasquez -- 29. Cut by Broncos. Should interest power-blocking teams.
18. Akiem Hicks -- Mammoth 6'5/318 DE/DT. Expected to visit Chicago this week.
19. Rashad Johnson -- Had 5 INTs in 2015. Cards replaced him with Tyvon Branch.
20. Walter Thurmond -- Ex-slot CB had breakout year at safety. Turns 29 in August.
21. Anquan Boldin -- Going on age 36. Can still contribute as possession receiver.
22. Mohamed Sanu -- Overrated gadget WR with poor hands. Linked to ATL & NE.
23. Arian Foster -- Will turn 30 in August. Tore his Achilles' tendon last October.
24. Brandon Boykin -- Underappreciated 25-year-old slot CB. Market quiet so far.
25. Zach Miller -- Going on age 32. Posted a 34-439-5 receiving line last season.
26. Terrance Knighton -- 3-4 NT. Pot Roast disappointed last year with Redskins.
27. Geoff Schwartz -- In 2nd tier of free agent OGs. Good player, bad injury luck.
28. Mike Wallace -- Turns 30 in August. Ravens reportedly have some interest.
29. Jahri Evans -- Cut by Saints. 6-time Pro Bowler running on fumes. 33 in August.
30. Leon Hall -- Has extended career by successfully transitioning to slot corner.
31. Courtney Upshaw -- 26-year-old 2-down edge-setter OLB. Not a pass rusher.
32. Evan Mathis -- PFF's No. 1 run-blocking G in '15, but poor in pass pro & 34yo.
33. Stefen Wisniewski -- Replacement-level C gets pushed around in run game.
34. Brent Grimes -- Cut by Miami due to off-field concerns, declining on-field play.
35. James Laurinaitis -- Big name, small game. Falcons, Saints have nosed around.
36. Rueben Randle -- Big and athletic, but has a lazy streak. Underachieving WR.
37. Zach Brown -- Injury-riddled 4-3 weak-side LB with sideline-to-sideline speed.
38. Robert Griffin III -- Broncos rumored to have interest. Would fit in Kubiak's O.
39. Tahir Whitehead -- Fierce run defender/special teamer. Can play all 3 LB spots.
40. Nick Perry -- Former first-round bust had solid '15 season as rotational 3-4 OLB.
41. Will Beatty -- Missed all of 2015 to injury. Was above-average starting LT in '14.
42. Bilal Powell -- Versatile RBBC back has been connected to DAL, NE, BAL, NYJ.
43. B.J. Raji -- Consistent tendency to start fast, wear down as seasons progress.
44. Jason Jones -- Base-defense LE can also play inside. 9.5 sacks last 2 seasons.
45. Mike Neal -- Swiss-army-knife role player. Better run stopper than pass rusher.
46. Jason Hatcher -- Can still disrupt QBs, but reportedly considering retirement.
47. Jermaine Kearse -- Career highs in catches/yards/TDs in '15. Only had 4 drops.
48. Sean Weatherspoon -- 28-year-old WLB disappeared after 2014 torn Achilles'.
49. James Starks -- One of the league's better No. 2 RBs. Shouldn't cost much $.
50. Aldon Smith -- Eligible for reinstatement from suspension in November 2016.
More Notable UFAs left: RBs Khiry Robinson, Chris Johnson, Christine Michael, and Alfred Morris; WRs James Jones, Brandon LaFell, Percy Harvin, Andre Holmes, and Rod Streater; TEs Vernon Davis, Jared Cook, and Jermaine Gresham; OTs Andre Smith, Ryan Harris, and Jermon Bushrod; OGs Amini Silatolu, Zane Beadles, Chris Chester, and Ryan Wendell; DLs Steve McLendon, Mike DeVito, and Henry Melton; EDGE players Junior Galette and Dwight Freeney; ILBs Stephen Tulloch, Vincent Rey, Craig Robertson, Demario Davis, Daryl Smith, and Donald Butler; OLBs Chad Greenway and Kyle Wilber; CBs Jerraud Powers, Terence Newman, Greg Toler, and Will Blackmon; Ss William Moore and Roman Harper.