This is my updated Fantasy Football Top 150 board for 2016. I am playing strictly points-per-reception (PPR) leagues at this stage of the offseason, so this list is based on that format. After doing nearly 60 drafts since last season ended, I have a pretty good grasp on where players are going, and where and how the public is valuing them. I tend to bump my preferred targets up the board, and bump down players I'm avoiding with respect to evolving Average Draft Positions (ADPs).
Editor's Note: For updated rankings, projections, player profiles, positional tiers, mock drafts, sleepers and busts, exclusive columns and plenty more, check out our Draft Guide!
1. Antonio Brown (WR1) -- Has 152 catches, 2,039 yards in Ben's last 16 healthy games.
2. Julio Jones (WR2) -- Julio is NFL's all-time leader in receiving yards per game (95.4).
3. Odell Beckham (WR3) -- Beckham's receiving stats in his last 16 games: 108-1,635-14.
4. A.J. Green (WR4) -- Set for career high in targets with Sanu/Jones gone & Eifert hurt.
5. Dez Bryant (WR5) -- Has scored 34 TDs over his last 29 games played with Tony Romo.
6. DeAndre Hopkins (WR6) -- Last year's PPR WR4. Improving every year, still only 24yo.
7. Allen Robinson (WR7) -- TDs (14) will regress, but catch total (80) has room to grow.
8. Keenan Allen (WR8) -- Was on 134-1,450-8 receiving pace before his Week 8 injury.
9. Ezekiel Elliott (RB1) -- Read my take on Zeke here. 3-down RB behind NFL's best OL.
10. David Johnson (RB2) -- 1,974-total yard, 73-catch, 13.7-TD pace as starter last year.
11. Todd Gurley (RB3) -- Elite talent, true workhorse in run-dominated Rams offense.
12. Le'Veon Bell (RB4) -- 3 knee ligament issues last 2 years. Will rise if ready for camp.
13. Alshon Jeffery (WR9) -- Alshon has 70+ yards and/or a TD in 32 of his last 38 games.
14. Rob Gronkowski (TE1) -- Garoppolo dings him. Top-2 fantasy TE in 4 of last 5 years.
15. Lamar Miller (RB5) -- Put my take on Miller here. Volume not a problem anymore.
16. Jamaal Charles (RB6) -- Coming off torn ACL. 2nd highest career YPC avg in history.
17. Devonta Freeman (RB7) -- Last year's overall RB1. Receiving, goal-line roles secure.
18. Brandon Marshall (WR10) -- 32yo. Top-5 fantasy receiver in 3 of his last 4 seasons.
19. T.Y. Hilton (WR11) -- Has a 82-1,504-10 receiving line over Luck's last 16 full games.
20. Adrian Peterson (RB8) -- 31 1/2 when season starts. Receptions ceiling is around 35.
21. Jordy Nelson (WR12) -- Coming off ACL tear at age 31. Was the overall WR2 in 2014.
22. Mike Evans (WR13) -- Awful TD luck in '15. Still had 74 catches/1,206 yards at age 22.
23. Mark Ingram (RB9) -- Was the overall PPR RB3 before injuring shoulder in Week 13.
24. Brandin Cooks (WR14) -- Not yet 23. Was the PPR WR8 from Week 4 on last season.
25. Randall Cobb (WR15) -- Could lead GB in receiving if Jordy doesn't regain full speed.
26. Golden Tate (WR16) -- My pick to lead the NFC in targets & catches post-Megatron.
27. Jeremy Maclin (WR17) -- Wrote my full take on Maclin here. Last year's WR19 in PPR.
28. Jordan Reed (TE2) -- He outscored Rob Gronkowski in PPR points per game last year.
29. Demaryius Thomas (WR18) -- Declining efficiency, QB concerns in run-first offense.
30. Jarvis Landry (WR19) -- May lose some volume, but TD total (4) has room for growth.
31. Amari Cooper (WR20) -- Only saw 7 red-zone targets last year. Saw zero inside the 10.
32. LeSean McCoy (RB10) -- Averaged 21.2 touches in his ten full games played last year.
33. Sammy Watkins (WR21) -- Hip surgery last offseason, now coming off foot surgery.
34. Eddie Lacy (RB11) -- Has wide range of outcomes & lots on the line in contract year.
35. Donte Moncrief (WR22) -- Breakout receiver. Colts lost 222 targets from last season.
36. Matt Forte (RB12) -- Turns 31 in December. Top-5 RB1 upside in PPR if he stays healthy.
37. Doug Martin (RB13) -- Had 2 catches or fewer in 11 of the Bucs' 16 games last season.
38. Dion Lewis (RB14) -- Avg'd 94.8 total yards with 4 TDs in his six full games last year.
39. Julian Edelman (WR23) -- Turned 30 in May. Has had 2 foot surgeries since November.
40. C.J. Anderson (RB15) -- Will be focal point of Broncos' post-Peyton Manning offense.
41. Doug Baldwin (WR24) -- 14 TDs unrepeatable, but post-bye receptions pace (94) is.
42. Jordan Matthews (WR25) -- Still Eagles' clear No. 1 WR. Agholor looking like a bust.
43. Eric Decker (WR26) -- Had 80+ yards and/or TD in all 15 of his appearances last year.
44. Thomas Rawls (RB16) -- Will move up if ready for camp. Still has pass-game concerns.
45. Michael Floyd (WR27) -- Contract year. My pick to lead Cardinals WRs in yards & TDs.
46. John Brown (WR28) -- Last year's PPR WR26. Arguably the highest-floor AZ receiver.
47. Larry Fitzgerald (WR29) -- Targets sank when David Johnson took over at running back.
48. Kelvin Benjamin (WR30) -- Wrote here why I think Benjamin will be overdrafted in '16.
49. DeVante Parker (WR31) -- Pace stats were 59-1,187-8 over Dolphins' final six games.
50. Emmanuel Sanders (WR32) -- Could prove a better value than Demaryius in the 3rd.
51. Duke Johnson (RB17) -- Big PPR potential. Could lead all running backs in catches.
52. Danny Woodhead (RB18) -- Primary passing-game/RZ back in high-volume offense.
53. Carlos Hyde (RB19) -- High bust risk as injury-riddled early-down RB on a bad team.
54. Greg Olsen (TE3) -- Cam's most trusted target. Top-4 fantasy TE in back-to-back yrs.
55. Jay Ajayi (RB20) -- Fins drafted Drake, but have hinted Ajayi could be a 3-down RB.
56. Matt Jones (RB21) -- Boom-bust RB pick. Could flame out or score double-digit TDs.
57. Cam Newton (QB1) -- 2015's top fantasy quarterback gets back Kelvin Benjamin.
58. Aaron Rodgers (QB2) -- Poised for bounce-back season with Jordy Nelson healthy.
59. Travis Kelce (TE4) -- Better value in drafts this season. Targets likely to increase.
60. Frank Gore (RB22) -- Underrated RB2 lasting until 6th/7th rounds of 12-team drafts.
61. Tyler Lockett (WR33) -- Lockett's ADP is rising fast after Matt Harmon crowned him.
62. Marvin Jones (WR34) -- Has chance to see 120+ targets & lead Lions in TD catches.
63. Ryan Mathews (RB23) -- Likely lead RB in committee involving Smallwood/Sproles.
64. Latavius Murray (RB24) -- Value pick, or trap? DeAndre Washington poses a threat.
65. Corey Coleman (WR35) -- Highest-ceiling rookie WR on team that will play catchup.
66. DeSean Jackson (WR36) -- Value pick coming off disappointing, injury-ruined year.
67. Russell Wilson (QB3) -- Fantasy finishes through 4 years: QB9 > QB8 > QB3 > QB2.
68. Kevin White (WR37) -- Fully healthy. Likely complementary WR on run-first team.
69. Michael Crabtree (WR38) -- Low-ceiling fringe WR3 avgd 41.5 yds in last 8 games.
70. Jonathan Stewart (RB25) -- Secure carries, but doesn't score much or catch passes.
71. Drew Brees (QB4) -- Career-best weapons? The early-round QB I'll draft this year.
72. Jeremy Langford (RB26) -- Penciled in as lead RB in Bears 2- or 3-way committee.
73. Coby Fleener (TE5) -- Ben Watson finished as PPR TE7 at age 34/35 in this offense.
74. Kamar Aiken (WR39) -- Explained here why I think Aiken will lead BAL in receiving.
75. Andrew Luck (QB5) -- Overall QB1 upside if he stays healthy & regains 2014 form.
76. Giovani Bernard (RB27) -- High-floor/low-upside flex. Unlikely to start scoring TDs.
77. Jeremy Hill (RB28) -- Bengals have historically leaned heavily on Hill w/ Eifert out.
78. Tyler Eifert (TE6) -- Underwent ankle surgery in May. Looking doubtful for Week 1.
79. Charles Sims (RB29) -- Secure receiving role. Could explode if Martin went down.
80. Allen Hurns (WR40) -- Poised for scoring regression after 10 TD-/64-catch season.
81. Ameer Abdullah (RB30) -- Explosive player, but poor bet for catches & touchdowns.
82. DeMarco Murray (RB31) -- I expect Derrick Henry to unseat Murray early this year.
83. Torrey Smith (WR41) -- 49ers could lead NFL in pass attempts. Their No. 1 receiver.
84. Tavon Austin (WR42) -- 2015's PPR WR29. Rams still intent on forcing him touches.
85. Antonio Gates (TE7) -- Last year's PPR TE7 in PPG.
86. Gary Barnidge (TE8) -- Major splits w/wo McCown.
87. Ladarius Green (TE9) -- Has double-digit TD upside.
88. Delanie Walker (TE10) -- Targets could take big hit.
89. Markus Wheaton (WR43) -- Steelers lost 178 targets.
90. Willie Snead (WR44) -- Fleener/Thomas cap ceiling.
91. Sterling Shepard (WR45) -- Giants new slot receiver.
92. Julius Thomas (TE11) -- Will be his first full year w/ Bortles. Like his 10th-round ADP.
93. Zach Ertz (TE12) -- Consistently low TD rate. Eagles O losing lots of volume post-Chip.
94. Eric Ebron (TE13) -- Sneaky breakout potential. Worth risk at 10th-/11th-round ADP.
95. Rashad Jennings (RB32) -- Was the PPR RB5 last four weeks of 2015. NYG's best back.
96. Dorial Green-Beckham (WR46) -- Will he start? Classic mid-round boom-bust pick.
97. Laquon Treadwell (WR47) -- Targets a concern in 2015's lowest-volume pass game.
98. Melvin Gordon (RB33) -- ADP has fallen to an area where I'm now considering him.
99. Devin Funchess (WR48) -- Could break out if Benjamin returns less than full speed.
100. Stefon Diggs (WR49) -- The addition of Treadwell in run-heavy offense hurts him.
101. Ben Roethlisberger (QB6) -- Led NFL in passing yards per game (328.1) last season.
102. Bilal Powell (RB34) -- Sharp 11th-/12th-round pick. Interchangeable with Forte.
103. Derrick Henry (RB35) -- Won't take long for him to put heat on DeMarco Murray.
104. Chris Ivory (RB36) -- Expected to start over Yeldon. Will definitely hog GL work.
105. Carson Palmer (QB7) -- 36yo. Arguably has NFL's most lethal pass-catching corps.
106. Tom Brady (QB8) -- Will move up to QB4 if four-game suspension gets expunged.
107. Philip Rivers (QB9) -- Last year's overall QB2 before Keenan Allen's Week 8 injury.
108. Martellus Bennett (TE14) -- Looks primed for big passing-game role with Patriots.
109. DeAndre Washington (RB37) -- Raiders passing-down back with upside for more.
110. T.J. Yeldon (RB38) -- Battling Chris Ivory for touches. Poor bet for scoring chances.
111. Arian Foster (RB39) -- His ADP will likely rise multiple rounds whenever he signs.
112. Michael Thomas (WR50) -- Saints want Thomas to fill Colston's old "big slot" role.
113. Mohamed Sanu (WR51) -- Julio injury away from being Matt Ryan's No. 1 receiver.
114. Vincent Jackson (WR52) -- 33 years old. Has 5 touchdowns over his last 28 games.
115. Phillip Dorsett (WR53) -- 4.33 speedster will be staple in Colts three-receiver sets.
116. Travis Benjamin (WR54) -- Behind Allen, Gates, and Woodhead in line for targets.
117. Dwayne Allen (TE15) -- Luck's top red-zone threat. Targets will climb post-Fleener.
118. Theo Riddick (RB40) -- Catch total (80) certain to diminish. Will never be a TD scorer.
119. Josh Doctson (WR55) -- Will move up if he earns regular role in Redskins 3-WR set.
120. C.J. Prosise (RB41) -- Big, versatile back has chance to be this year's David Johnson.
121. Blake Bortles (QB10) -- A step back is likely, but still worth valuing as low-end QB1.
122. Karlos Williams (RB42) -- Scored 9 TDs as rookie. Reported to minicamp overweight.
123. Mike Wallace (WR56) -- Like him to beat out Perriman for Ravens vertical WR role.
124. Kirk Cousins (QB11) -- Elite weapons, suspect run game. One of my favorite LRQBs.
125. Eli Manning (QB12) -- Reliable QB1 adding Sterling Shepard and maybe Victor Cruz.
126. Tyrod Taylor (QB13) -- Last year's QB10 in points per game. Another LRQB favorite.
127. LeGarrette Blount (RB43) -- Situational TD-dependent back. Better non-PPR pick.
128. Shane Vereen (RB44) -- Purely a floor play. Finished last season as the PPR RB26.
129. Matthew Stafford (QB14) -- ADP in the 12th/13th rounds. Volume will be there.
130. Matt Ryan (QB15) -- Bound for positive regression after career-low TD rate (3.4%).
131. Tony Romo (QB16) -- His ceiling is a low-end QB1 in Cowboys run-heavy offense.
132. Isaiah Crowell (RB45) -- Should easily beat his ADP if he holds off Terrell Watson.
133. Steve Smith Sr. (WR57) -- Betting against him coming off torn Achilles' at age 37.
134. Jay Cutler (QB17) -- Enormous weapons boost. Like Cutler at his 14th-round cost.
135. Joe Flacco (QB18) -- Likely to set career high in attempts. Another sneaky LRQB.
136. Ryan Tannehill (QB19) -- Could prove fantasy's top value QB if Parker takes off.
137. Derek Carr (QB20) -- I am down on the entire Raiders passing game this season.
138. Marcus Mariota (QB21) -- The Titans' plan seems to be to hide, not feature him.
139. Jameis Winston (QB22) -- Needed 6 rushing TDs to finish QB19 in PPG as rookie.
140. Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TE16) -- Enigmatic, injury-riddled underachiever so far.
141. DeAngelo Williams (RB46) -- Behind RB coming back from 2 torn knee ligaments.
142. Buck Allen (RB47) -- The best receiving back in a muddled Baltimore backfield.
143. Jason Witten (TE17) -- Has finished as a top-12 fantasy TE in 12 straight seasons.
144. Zach Miller (TE18) -- Volume may not be there with Jeffery and White healthy.
145. Ben Watson (TE19) -- Ravens led NFL in pass attempts last year. Favorite to start.
146. Vance McDonald (TE20) -- PPR TE12 in points per game after 49ers' Week 10 bye.
147. Jerick McKinnon (RB48) -- Bigger role expected behind 31 1/2-year-old Peterson.
148. James Starks (RB49) -- Packers best receiving back & valuable handcuff for Lacy.
149. Kenneth Dixon (RB50) -- Probably the Ravens' most talented all-purpose back.
150. Tevin Coleman (RB51) -- 4.4-flat speedster should be more involved this season.
Missed: Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Teddy Bridgewater, Brock Osweiler, Jared Goff, Sam Bradford, Robert Griffin III, Geno Smith; Jordan Howard, Justin Forsett, Darren McFadden, Kenyan Drake, Darren Sproles, Chris Johnson, Shaun Draughn, Devontae Booker, Paul Perkins, Wendell Smallwood, Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, Keith Marshall, Andre Ellington, Tim Hightower, C.J. Spiller; Jeff Janis, Brandon LaFell, Sammie Coates, Terrance Williams, Rishard Matthews, Will Fuller, Bruce Ellington, Ted Ginn, Kendall Wright, Stevie Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Nelson Agholor, Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, Tyler Boyd, Jermaine Kearse, Robert Woods, Breshad Perriman, Chris Hogan, Jamison Crowder, Chris Moore; Jordan Cameron, Charles Clay, Kyle Rudolph, Will Tye, Clive Walford, Jimmy Graham, Jared Cook