JUVENTUS VS. INTER MILAN
Juventus are comfortably favored to win the Italian League championship but to come through, they'll need to win games like Sunday's pivotal home encounter with Inter Milan. Juve sit two points back of table-leading Lazio, but are still the -138 favorite to repeat as league champ. And they're only +125 favorites against a visiting Inter Milan club (+230) that sits unchallenged in third place - six points back of Juve and eight back of Lazio. Juventus have won four of the previous head-to-head meetings between the teams, including a 2-1 triumph in Milan back on October 6.
REAL BETIS VS. REAL MADRID
Real Madrid have given themselves a golden opportunity to return to Spanish League prominence and they've caught this weekend's opponent at the right time as they visit Real Betis on Sunday. The hosts have just one victory from their previous 10 domestic games and are +310 underdogs to rebound against a Real Madrid club (-134) that moved into sole possession of top spot in La Liga with a 2-0 victory over rival Barcelona last time out. But Real Madrid cannot afford to take this game lightly, having gone without a goal in each of their previous two meetings with Real Betis.
BAYERN MUNICH VS. AUGSBURG
It wasn't that long ago that Augsburg found itself safely above the dreaded relegation line, but those days are gone and now the Bavarian-based club is in a whole heap of trouble entering Saturday's tilt with Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich. Augsburg have earned just one point from their last four league games and are only six points ahead of Fortuna Duesseldorf, who occupy the relegation playoff spot. And while Augsburg are still relatively safe, they shouldn't expect to move up in the standings as +2,000 underdogs against a Bayern Munich unit (-900) that has a plus-30 goal margin over its last 10 games.
MANCHESTER UNITED VS. MANCHESTER CITY
The latest edition of the Manchester Derby doesn't hold much drama for the visitors but for the hosts, Sunday's showdown means plenty. Manchester United enter the weekend tied with Wolverhampton for fifth spot in the English Premier League standings - and an automatic Europa League berth – while sitting just three points back of fourth-place Chelsea. But they're daunting +400 underdogs against a visiting Man City side (-163) that is locked into the No. 2 spot in the table - 22 points back of Liverpool but seven points clear of Leicester. The visiting team has won four straight meetings across all competitions.
TOP SOCCER BETTING TIPS
• Oddsmakers are expecting Verona and Sampdoria to keep goals to a minimum Sunday at Stadio Luigi Ferraris and bettors might be inclined to agree. Not only have these teams gone below the total in four straight, each side is averaging just over one goal per game on the season. With this one so evenly matched, we favor the Draw/Under combination at +275.
• AC Milan have found their scoring touch in recent meetings with Genoa and they'll look to keep those good times rolling as the Italian League rivals square off Sunday. Host AC Milan have scored two goals in each of the previous three encounters, winning each of them, and with home-field advantage in their favor this weekend, the Over 1.5 on their team total (-125) is in play.
• Sevilla and Atletico Madrid settled nothing in three meetings last year and bettors could profit from that trend continuing into 2020 as the Spanish League foes meet Saturday in Madrid. The teams played to a 1-1 draw in each of their three encounters in 2019. Atletico are comfortably favored in this one, but have 11 draws in 26 matches and could be a good tie choice at +240.
• Leganes is doing its part to send soccer fans home happy. Unfortunately, the happy fans aren't theirs. Leganes enters Sunday's visit to Villarreal having gone 13 consecutive away matches in league play without a victory. Not only that, but they've been shut out in each of their past three. A Villarreal clean sheet is a real possibility here at +125.
• Home teams have had a considerable edge in recent meetings between Eintracht Frankfurt and Bayer Leverkusen. As the teams prepare to face off Saturday, bettors might want to load up on host Leverkusen, with the home side outscoring the visitors by a 15-3 margin over the previous four meetings. We're leaning toward Leverkusen -1 at +150.
• Just how bad will it get for Augsburg this weekend? Only time will tell, but oddsmakers are preparing for a rout, with the standard Bayern Munich handicap sitting at -3. Given that the teams are a whopping 59 goals apart in scoring differential on the season, we recommend taking a chance on the Bayern Munich side of that handicap at +140.
• With the English Premier League title all but decided, all that's left is seeing what further destruction Liverpool can wreak upon its league rivals. And this weekend could be a rough one for visiting Bournemouth. Liverpool have won five straight meetings in the head-to-head series while outscoring Bournemouth 17-0 along the way. We recommend the 4-plus margin of victory at +350.
• Chelsea's home matches against Everton have resulted in precious few goals scored by the road team and the fourth-place club in the EPL standings would love to keep that trend going Sunday. Chelsea have kept Everton off the scoresheet in five of its previous seven visits to Stamford Bridge, making the Blues shutout a viable option at +200.