Welcome to Week 1 all you Rotoworlders and Rotowolders at sea! The NFL is back and I am here to keep you up to date on all the action. I'll be live blogging all the news and fantasy action for all the early games.
Be sure to stay tuned to the Rotoworld News Page and for lineup decisions let Pat Daugherty help you out with his Week 1 Rankings. For sleepers let Nick Mensio give you the scoop in his latest. And always be sure to read Evan Silva’s detailed look at every game in his Matchups column.
* ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that he and colleague Chris Mortensen are getting a "negative vibe" about Andre Ellington's (questionable, foot) odds of playing in Monday night's opener against San Diego. Consider him out for fantasy purposes.
* NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports coach Ron Rivera is considering holding Cam Newton (ribs) out. This could be Rivera messing with the Bucs, but Newton was already a downgrade with the injury, so I would look elsewhere to be safe.
* A league source confirms to PFT that Rob Gronkowski (knee) is expected to play on a limited basis Sunday. He played on a snap count early last season and still put up great numbers, so start him.
* James White is inactive. That's a bump for Steven Ridley.
* Cam Newton not expected to play as of now, per @JayGlazer. Upgrade Tampa's D.
* Michael Crabtree (calf) is that it's looking favorable but team still wants to see how he responds to pre-game work.
Good Luck Everyone! Let's get going!!!
* Ben Roethlisberger with a quick slant to Antonio Brown for 41 yards. Good to see with Haden on him.
* Brees to Brandin Cooks for 40+
* Tannehill to Lamar Miller, passing TD.
* Cutler to Martellus Bennett TD.
* Nick Foles fumbles and Jags recover.
* Chad Henne to Allen Hurns 34 yard TD after the Foles turnover.
* Travaris Cadet with two touches before Khiry Robinson
* Brandin Cooks had 3 catches for 48 on the first drive.
* Manuel to Robert Woods for a 32 yard gain.
* Rams open game with Stacy at RB, Harkey at FB, Quick and Britt at WR. Quick with a 23 yard catch to start.
* Gronk with his first reception, a 9 yarder.
* E.J. Manuel keeps it and scores a rushing TD.
* Shane Vereen rushes for a 2 yard TD. Bad news for Ridley owners there.
* Nick Foles with another fumble, recovered by the Jags.
* Allen Hurns with another TD catch! They're up by two scores.
* Geno Smith intercepted.
* Alshon Jeffery with two receptions for 56 yards.
* Derek Carr to Rod Streater TD. Carr making Allen look smart right now.
* Mike Wallace fumbles, NE recovers.
* Nick Foles looks rattled. Jags defense playing well.
* Brian Quick with two receptions for 42 yards.
* RG3 missed a wide open Roberts.
* Beautiful catch by Markus Wheaton on the sideline for 40 yards.
* Tyler Eifert is down with an injury.
* LeGarrette Blount goes right up the gut for a 5 yard TD. The concern for Bell owners is real.
* Jordan Reed grabs at his hamstring.
* Tyler Eifert is out for the game.
* Geno Smith gets a goal line look, but is hit hard and fumbles. Raiders recover.
* Brandon Marshall fumbles. Bills recover.
* Khiry Robinson is getting work ahead of Mark Ingram.
* Brandin Cooks getting a lot of work. 18 yard rush and 4 receptions for 57 yards.
* Khiry Robinson runs in a TD. Not sure what has happened to Ingram.
* Travis Kelce's first NFL reception goes for 29 yards.
* Tannehill picked off.
* Toby Gerhart is hurting.
* Gerhart did a couple of straight-line sprints during timeout. Listed as questionable to return.
* Julian Edelman with a 44 yard reception. 4/63
* Roethlisberger with a 35 yard TD to Antonio Brown.
* GRONK! TD!
* Alf Morris with a nice run down to the 2 yard line.
* Rob Gronkowski snap tracker: Through four drives, he has played 18 of 35 snaps. Patriots making sure he is on the field in red zone.
* Bishop Sankey No. 3 at RB for the Titans so far. Zero touches. RB touches: Shonn Greene 5, Dexter McCluster 4, Leon Washington 2, Bishop Sankey 0.
* Jay Cutler picked off.
* Manuel to Spiller TD. 7 yard TD reception.
* Darrell Young vultures Morris for the TD.
* Jake Locker throws a 6 yard TD to Delanie Walker.
* Devonta Freeman makes a great catch and run for a first down near the goal line. Good sign for him getting more work going forward.
* Matt Ryan to Roddy White for a 2 yard TD.
* Nick Foles intercepted in the end zone.
* Antonio Brown just kicked a guy in the face after a long punt return. You'll see that one many, many times. Like here --
* Le'Veon Bell with a 38 yard TD run. Looked great making people miss.
* Nick Foles has three turnovers in less than a half. He had four all of last season.
* 76 yard TD to DeAndre Hopkins from Fitzpatrick.
* Gerhart back in for the Jags.
* Brian Hoyer has been awful so far. Good chance we'll see Manziel sooner than later.
* Texans block the punt and Alfred Blue picks it up for a TD.
* Michael Vick comes in for a play in the red zone and missed an open Eric Decker in the end zone.
* Chris Johnson catches a 5 yard TD from Geno Smith on the shovel pass.
* Bernard Pierce not doing much to win the starting job from Rice at the moment. 6 carries for 14 yards and a fumble.
* Shaun Hill has 81 passing yards. 70 of them are to Brian Quick.
* Brandin Cooks is having a day. He just caught a 3 yard TD from Brees. Now at 7 touches for 86 yards and that TD.
* Shaun Hill intercepted.
* FIVE field goals for Mike Nugent. FIVE.
* Ben Tate questionable with knee injury.
* Mike Wallace has 7 targets, but just the 4 receptions for 34 yards and a fumble.
* Jadeveon Clowney limped off on the last snap, is going to the locker room with a trainer now.
* Greg Jennings makes a pretty catch in the back of the end zone for a TD.
* Roddy White catches a 39 yard pass, but then limps off.
* Alex Smith picked off.
* Antonio Brown so far: 5 catches, 116 yds, 1 TD.
* Julian Edelman has 6 receptions for 95 yards plus 2 carries for 21 yards
* Pierre Garcon is picking up where he left off in PPR last season. He has 6 receptions for 42 yards at half.
* Antonio Brown now has 17 games in a row with 5 or more receptions and is roasting Joe Haden.
* Jamaal Charles with just 7 touches in the first half for 33 yards. I believe that number will double in the second half.
* Allen Hurns making the most of Cecil Shorts absence with 4 receptions for 110 yards and two touchdowns.
* Joe Flacco gets sacked and loses a shot at a FG before half.
* Alshon Jeffery on the sideline with an injury.
* Ben Tate has knee injury and his return is questionable. West should get work in the blowout. Could be a pickup if Tate's injury is bad.
* Roddy White has knee injury, questionable to return. Hopefully he doesn't push it like he did his hamstring last season.
* Shaun Hill has been benched in favor of Austin Davis. Hill was terrible so anything would be better at this point.
* Good news Roddy White is back and making catches. Hopefully all is well.
* Shaun Hill supposedly has a thigh injury.
* Jordan Reed (hamstring) is done for the day.
* After Julio Jones got them down to the 2 yard line, Matt Ryan passes to Toilolo.
* Zuerlein hits a 55 yard FG.
* Terrance West gets the Browns down to the goal line and then Isaiah Crowell gets in for the TD. The rookie RBs doing work on that drive. If Tate is out for any time it looks like they would have a committee between those two.
* Still no carries for Sankey as Jake Locker leads his team into the red zone and looking decent today.
* John Clayton tweets: Still not looking good for Cam Newton playing today
* Jake Locker with a 6 yard TD pass to Wright. Great to see after a horrible TD season for Wright last year.
* Cam Newton is INACTIVE.
* Ben Tate is officially out.
* Gio Bernard is doing work through the air. Just caught a 32 yard pass. Has 5 receptions for 57 yards. Not doing much on the ground though.
* Jay Cutler to Brandon Marshall TD for 11 yards.
* Darren Sproles just ran it up the gut for a 49 yard TD.
* Tom Brady sacked and fumbled. Dolphins have the ball.
* Michael Crabtree is ACTIVE
* Isaiah Crowell just ran another TD in. Nice hole, but plenty of burst for a 15 yard TD. Crowell looking like the early down guy if Tate is out.
* Lamar Miller has not had a carry since he fumbled. Knowshon Moreno getting a lot of work. 15 carries for 92 yards.
* Tannehill to Wallace for a 14 yard TD.
* Joe Flacco picked off. He is not playing well. Looks more like last year's Joe.
* Sankey gets his first carry and goes 4 yards.
* Brees finds a wide open Colston for 57 yards.
* Zac Stacy has had all early-down work for Rams. Cunningham playing all 3rd downs.
* Cordarrelle Patterson goes 67 yards on a rush for an amazing TD. The guy is a beast.
* Drew Brees picked off in the end zone.
* Nick Foles sighting. 25 yard TD pass to Zach Ertz.
* Alex Smith doesn't know his own strength, which is weaker than he thinks because he was just picked off after leaving a deep ball short.
* Devonta Freeman with a nice run. If he can get his pass pro down he'll be playing a lot.
* Antone Smith just made an amazing move for a 54 yard TD catch and run.
* Allen Hurns is the 1st player in NFL history to score 2 receiving TD's in the 1st quarter of his NFL debut.
* Lamar Miller had a TD called back due to holding.
* Justin Forsett runs in a 13 yard TD. Bernard Pierce on the sideline after ineffectiveness and a fumble.
* Geno Smith has his best ever 12 completions in a row.
* Jordan Cameron has a shoulder injury.
* Arian Foster fumbles in the red zone. Washington's ball.
* Foster is over 100 total yards, but that fumble is a killer. Good news is he's not injured.
* Alshon Jeffery is on the exercise bike behind the bench
* Maurice Jones-Drew has 8 carries for -1 yard.
* Derrick Johnson has a torn Achilles. Kc's defense with a huge blow.
* Mark Ingram with two good plays to finish up the Saints drive for a rushing TD.
* Chris Ivory goes for a 71 yard TD run. That's kind of his thing it seems.
* Jets go for two even though a FG would have made it a 20-7 lead. Instead it's 19-7 Jets.
* The Browns have come alive in the 2nd half. Hoyer ties it up with a TD pass to Travis Benjamin.
* Your two 100 yard rushers so far are Moreno and Patterson.
* Matt Cassel to Kyle Rudolph for a 7 yard TD.
* Jay Cutler picked off again.
* Julio Jones tops 100 yards. Matt Ryan and the Falcons playing well against what should be a tougher Saints D this season.
* Blount that touchdown run, but Bell is getting the bulk of the work and has looked great with 164 total yards and a TD.
* Travis Kelce with just 3 targets. He's too good to not be targeted more.
* Of course Alex Smith then throws a TD to Anthony Fasano.
* Jacquizz Rodgers goes for a 17 yard TD run. Steven Jackson with only 10 carries for 48 yards today. It looks like they will spread the ball around pretty liberally at RB.
* Terrance West with 16 carries for 100 yards. Lots of talent in that Browns backfield and O-line.
* Matt Ryan: 27-of-35, 401 yards, three touchdowns.
* James Jones with an amazing 30 yard TD catch to bring the Raiders within 5.
* 80 yard touchdown to Steve Smith from Joe Flacco.
* Knowshon Moreno will not be stopped today. He just bulled his way in for a TD and now has 21 carries for 129 yards.
* Gould ties it up 20-20 Bears/Bills
* 77 yard TD Dalton to A.J. Green. He's now at 131 yards and the Bengals get a little extra daylight.
* Mark Ingram gets in for his 2nd TD of the day from the goal line. Bad for Brees owners, good for Ingram's. I am on the Brees side.
* Cameron Wake strips the ball from Brady. Dolphins have the ball in the red zone up 10 with 3 minutes left.
* 68 yard TD from Foles to Maclin. The Eagles make up for a horrid first half and have a 24-17 lead.
* Steelers rally to kick the game winning field goal. Two big Wheaton receptions to get them into range.
* 12 touches Stacy, 9 touches Cunningham
* Arian Foster finishes with 29 touches and 120 yards. The best news is he's not injured.
* Matt Bryant just hit a 51 yard FG to send the Falcons/Saints game into OT and more fantasy stats!
* Fred Jackson makes a huge 38 yard run in overtime down to the one yard line and stiff arms Conte to the dirt in the process.
* Kenny Britt did not catch a pass today while Brian Quick had 7 receptions for 99 yards.
* Jamaal Charles has 11 touches for 34 yards. My prediction that he would double his touches in the 2nd half was absolutely and horribly wrong.
* Dan Carpenter kicks a short FG to beat the Bears.
* Marques Colston fumbles. Huge strip by Falcons.
* Chad Henne is stripped and the Eagles return the fumble for a TD. Eagles have this one.
* Matt Bryant going for the win on a 52 yard FG. It's good.
* Alex Smith intercepted again. Not living up to that contract extension right now.
* Pierre Garcon and Dennis Pitta are your receptions leaders so far with 10 each.
* Rob Gronkowski had 11 targets, but only came down with 4. The Patriots were not in synch as a team, but it's good to see Gronk get plenty of targets early on. He got the TD for your fantasy teams and even bigger numbers to come.
* Matt Forte didn't get into the endzone but did have 16 touches for 169 yards.
* 49ers strike first as Demarco Murray fumbles and it's returned for a TD.
* Steve Smith and Pitta lead in targets with 15 on the day.
* ASJ with a nice catch for 26 yards from McCown.
* Romo to Dez for 20 yards. No matter the win'loss record that duo is going to smash.
* Dunbar with a first down reception. Good to see him in the game plan.
* Your 100+ yard receivers are Colston, Hurns, J. Jones, A. Brown, S. Smith and AJ Green.
* Matt Ryan is the clear fantasy leafing QB so far with 448 yards and 3 TDs. Jake Locker and Jay Cutler the #2 and #3 QBs so far.
* Jake Locker's 22/33, 266 yards, 2 TDs is a nice sign against a quality defense in a hostile environment. He spread the ball around well with the target breakdown at Hunter 8, Wright 7, Washington 6, Walker 4, McCluster 2. This is great news for Hunter, even though he didn't get a TD they are on the way.
* Alf Morris finished with 14 carries for 91 yards, but again had Darrell Young vulture him at the goal line. That's been a problem in the past as well. With Washington trailing much of the game RG3 passed 37 times. Garcon finished with 10 receptions and Desean Jackson 8, but neither averaged over 8 yards per reception. PPR pride.
* Vernon Davis TD catch as Kaepernick eludes the defense to make a great play.
* Joe Flacco threw the ball a whopping 62 times completing 35 for 345 yards, one TD and one INT. He was not good and was only saved in fantasy by his tremendous number of attempts.
* Colin Kaepernick with two TD passes to Vernon Davis now. Dallas giving the ball away every chance they get.
* Devin Hester's preseason usage didn't go away this week as he had six targets, catching 5 for 99 yards. The Falcons are going to continue throwing the ball a lot so he may have value.
* Derek Anderson to Greg Olsen for the TD. Anderson playing well which is not good for those of us who went with Tampa's D after Cam was sat.
* Four of the Falcons running backs had 3 or more touches. That situation is SCARY for fantasy right now. Loved the little work Freeman got, but he's still a long ways from getting the bulk of the touches.
* The Bills running backs split up looks: Spiller 18 for 54 yards and a TD, Jackson 10 for 74 yards. Probably a decent cross section of what we'll see with plenty of wiggle room.
* Don't expect too much from the Bills passing offense if the game is at all close this season. Robert Woods led the way with 6 targets and made the most of them with 4 receptions for 78 yards. Sammy Watkins had 4 targets, catching 3 for 31 yards.
* DeMarco Murray carried 11 times for 71 yards in the first quarter.
* Tony Romo with his second bad interception of the game, this one in the endzone.
* Brandon Marshall ended up with 12 targets compared to Alshon Jeffery's 6. They ended up with very similar numbers, but Marshall got the touchdown. Marshall will continue to see targets all over the field while Jeffery will have deeper targets.
* Martellus Bennett put up good numbers on 10 targets, catching 8 for 70 yards and a TD. Santonio Holmes looked good with a couple receptions and will be in the mix which could take some away from Bennett as we move forward.
* Andrew Hawkins looks to be the cream of the Browns poor wide receiver crop right now as he caught 8 of 10 targets for 87 yards. He looked like the best receiver in preseason and that just may be true.
* Amazingly not one of the Cleveland RBs had a passing target, but they were great on the ground. Terrance West ran 16 times for 100 yards, Isaiah Crowell ran 5 times for 32 yards and the all important 2 TDs while Ben Tate left with a knee injury after rushing 6 times for 41 yards. West has to be the main priority fantasy pickup if Tate is out.
* Arian Foster had 29 touches while Jonathan Grimes and Alfred Blue each had one carry.
* Tony Romo throws his 3rd pick. Another one that is all his fault.
* Drew Brees' fantasy day was killed by rushing touchdowns and his end zone pick. Khiry Robinson was getting the majority of the carries over Mark Ingram to start, including a TD, but Ingram came on strong to finish with 13 carries for 60 yards and the all important 2 TDs. Robinson ended the day with just 6 carries for 28 yards.
* Pierre Thomas had 7 targets, catching 6 for 58 yards and rushing 7 times for 31 yards. 14 looks is great for this offense and if he can keep that up the fantasy points will rise from an already good base of today.
* The Jets backfield was pretty much a split RBBC with carries as Chris Johnson had 13 to Chris Ivory's 10, but Johnson had five targets, catching all five including a TD. Ivory's 71 yard TD was the difference maker between the two, but CJ still got him in PPR. CJ is the more versatile player so should get the majority of looks, but this is a RBBC.
* Denarius Moore led the Raiders with eight targets. He caught two for eight yards.
* Zach Ertz's big play ability showed as he caught 3 balls for 73 yards and a TD on 5 targets. We can't expect a ton of targets for Ertz, which makes him scary week to week, but we know he can play.
* Markus Wheaton led the Steelers in targets with 7 while Antonio Brown saw 6. They both put up good numbers with Brown getting a TD. The Steelers. Brown will lead in targets for the Steelers this season, but it's good to see Wheaton getting plenty of work. He was called on in high pressure situations to get into FG range for the game winner as well, so all systems are go for Wheaton.
* Doug Martin has a knee injury and is going to the locker room. Bobby Rainey is the backup, but we'll see how the offense works with Martin out.
* Le'Veon Bell proved all the doubters wrong for at least a day. LeGarrette Blount ended the day with 4 carries for 6 yards and a TD while Bell rushed 21 times for 109 yards and a TD and saw 7 targets, catching 6 of them for 88 yards. That's 197 total yards according to my calculator.
* The Titans running back situation is somewhat insane right now. Total looks: Greene 15, McCluster 11, Sankey 6, Washington 4
* Tweet from @FieldYates: Josh McCown threw just 1 interception in 149 attempts with Chicago last season. He has 2 in 16 attempts today.
* Kelvin Benjamin is having a day and just made a great TD catch with the defender all over him.
* Doug Martin back in the game for the Bucs.
* Matt Forte leads all running backs with eight receptions on nine targets. He finished the day with 87 yards receiving.
* Dez Bryant heading to the locker room.
* Reports are that Dez is dehydrated. Best news possible.
Thanks all for taking a look today. I hope all your fantasy teams won by a million points.