These are my updated Top 200 Fantasy Rankings entering the third week of the NFL preseason. The top 40-50 players here have stayed relatively steady for the last few weeks, but there are always going to be big changes toward the bottom of the rankings, where late-round flyers can look better or worse depending on the day. The injuries to Jordy Nelson, Kelvin Benjamin, and Arian Foster have obviously caused shakeups throughout.
I'd again encourage readers to use this less as a draft-day guide than as rough-draft rankings for you to adjust based on personal player preferences and scoring settings specific to your league. If you're not a fan of taking on Jonathan Stewart's injury risk, adjust him down the board. If you play in a PPR league, you should probably move Shane Vereen up and bump LeGarrette Blount down. If you play in a two-quarterback league, you should be much more aggressive drafting that position than the late-round quarterback approach inherent to these rankings suggests.
If you put some time in to establish your opinions and expectations before your draft, I'll bet you'll feel a lot more confident in the team you emerge from the draft with.
Editor's Note: Play against our writers in the Rotoworld Football Championship – a series of one-week fantasy contests on FanDuel with $20K in FREE prizes! Enter the Week 1 contest before it fills.
1. Le'Veon Bell (RB1) -- The biggest weekly difference maker at running back.
2. Jamaal Charles (RB2) -- Coming off 14-TD season. Expect an uptick in targets.
3. Eddie Lacy (RB3) -- Will be a scoring machine in one of league's top offenses.
4. Adrian Peterson (RB4) -- Has 334-1,540-11 rushing line over his last 16 games.
5. Rob Gronkowski (TE1) -- Definition of a weekly fantasy difference maker.
6. Marshawn Lynch (RB5) -- 29 years old, but showing zero signs of slowdown.
7. Julio Jones (WR1) -- Headed for a monster year with Roddy in clear decline.
8. Dez Bryant (WR2) -- Last year's overall WR4 despite ranking 12th in targets.
9. Antonio Brown (WR3) -- Favorite to lead NFL in catches for 2nd straight year.
10. Demaryius Thomas (WR4) -- Enters '15 with 3 consecutive top-5 WR finishes.
11. Odell Beckham (WR5) -- Healthy while Randle & Cruz have battled injuries.
12. Calvin Johnson (WR6) -- Went on a 98-1,458-12 pace last eight games of '14.
13. Randall Cobb (WR7) -- Aaron Rodgers' new clear-cut No. 1 passing option.
14. C.J. Anderson (RB6) -- Still favorite for bellcow work in Peyton Manning O.
15. DeMarco Murray (RB7) -- Reasonable bet to lead NFL in rushing touchdowns.
16. Jeremy Hill (RB8) -- Workhorse in underrated offense with top-shelf O-Line.
17. Matt Forte (RB9) -- Breakdown risk, but will be Bears offensive focal point.
18. A.J. Green (WR8) -- Went 69-1,041-6 playing through toe injury most of 2014.
19. Alshon Jeffery (WR9) -- Offers WR1 overall upside. Monitor his calf injury.
20. Lamar Miller (RB10) -- I'm buying coachspeak that his workload will increase.
21. Mark Ingram (RB11) -- High TD ceiling. Stock up with C.J. Spiller missing time.
22. Mike Evans (WR10) -- Just turned 22. Has 12 TDs over his last 12 NFL games.
23. T.Y. Hilton (WR11) -- Fantasy finishes through 3 seasons: WR23, WR20, WR10.
24. Andrew Luck (QB1) -- Flush with weapons in fast-paced O w/ good schedule.
25. Frank Gore (RB12) -- Expect spikes in Gore's receiving and TD opportunities.
26. Justin Forsett (RB13) -- Lead back behind elite OL. Receptions should jump.
27. Jordan Matthews (WR12) -- Highest-volume WR in NFL's highest-volume O.
28. Brandin Cooks (WR13) -- Has starred this preseason. Brees' clear 1A target.
29. DeAndre Hopkins (WR14) -- Will be a target hog in talent-deficient offense.
30. Jimmy Graham (TE2) -- I like his chances at 75+ catches & 10+ touchdowns.
31. Aaron Rodgers (QB2) -- Loses some TD upside losing Jordy Nelson to ACL tear.
32. Jonathan Stewart (RB14) -- Will be an every-week RB2 as long as he's healthy.
33. Melvin Gordon (RB15) -- Lead back in efficient offense with improved O-Line.
34. Brandon Marshall (WR15) -- Will be targeted voluminously by Ryan Fitzpatrick.
35. Andre Johnson (WR16) -- Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks left behind 184 targets.
36. Emmanuel Sanders (WR17) -- Should remain strong WR2 despite less volume.
37. LeSean McCoy (RB16) -- Toe/hamstring concerns on fantasy-unfriendly team.
38. Alfred Morris (RB17) -- Top-15 RB in 3 straight years. Cuff him with Matt Jones.
39. Allen Robinson (WR18) -- Will vacuum targets as Blake Bortles' 1A receiver.
40. Keenan Allen (WR19) -- Limited ceiling, but safe bet to return WR2 numbers.
41. Amari Cooper (WR20) -- The heavy favorite to lead all rookie WRs in targets.
42. Joseph Randle (RB18) -- Lead-back grip loosening? Recurring oblique injury.
43. Chris Ivory (RB19) -- Passing-game involvement great sign for Ivory's value.
44. C.J. Spiller (RB20) -- Coming off knee scope. Still a candidate for 70 catches.
45. DeSean Jackson (WR21) -- Last year's fantasy WR17 despite under 100 targets.
46. Jeremy Maclin (WR22) -- Chiefs appear poised to manufacture his touches.
47. Davante Adams (WR23) -- Positioned for breakout with Jordy Nelson on I.R.
48. Ameer Abdullah (RB21) -- Preseason hype may drain all of Abdullah's value.
49. Latavius Murray (RB22) -- Exciting talent. OAK has toughest schedule in NFL.
50. Carlos Hyde (RB23) -- May lose significant work to Reggie Bush on bad team.
51. Sammy Watkins (WR24) -- Big concerns about his target total and QB play.
52. Travis Kelce (TE3) -- Love his talent, but overvalued in the top-four rounds.
53. Greg Olsen (TE4) -- Focal point of Panthers pass game post-Kelvin Benjamin.
54. Andre Ellington (RB24) -- Arizona backfield headed toward 2- or 3-way RBBC.
55. Russell Wilson (QB3) -- Last year's fantasy QB3 overall added Jimmy Graham.
56. T.J. Yeldon (RB25) -- Some concerns he won't see full early-season workload.
57. Golden Tate (WR25) -- Tate is being overdrafted at his late-4th-round ADP.
58. Todd Gurley (RB26) -- Expected to open year lightly used behind Tre Mason.
59. Jarvis Landry (WR26) -- Poor man's Hines Ward. Tannehill's "clear go-to WR."
60. Mike Wallace (WR27) -- Prefer Wallace just a few slots ahead of C. Johnson.
61. John Brown (WR28) -- Prime breakout candidate with still-reasonable ADP.
62. Julian Edelman (WR29) -- Could be worthless during Brady's suspension.
63. Vincent Jackson (WR30) -- Has been running high % routes this preseason.
64. Peyton Manning (QB4) -- A value pick if you can get him in the sixth round.
65. Charles Johnson (WR31) -- Arguably highest-ceiling Vikings WR. Lower floor.
66. Martellus Bennett (TE5) -- No Brandon Marshall, no Kevin White bodes well.
67. Nelson Agholor (WR32) -- Will hit big time if he wins every-down WR job.
68. Martavis Bryant (WR33) -- Love Martavis' ability, but volume a major question.
69. LeGarrette Blount (RB27) -- Will be TD machine if he keeps lead RB job all year.
70. Shane Vereen (RB28) -- RB2 upside in PPR. Let someone else draft in non-PPR.
71. Duke Johnson (RB29) -- Door wide open for Duke to win Browns starting job.
72. Tevin Coleman (RB30) -- Offers highest ceiling in ATL committee backfield.
73. Larry Fitzgerald (WR34) -- Still probably the favorite to lead Cards in targets.
74. Anquan Boldin (WR35) -- Annually undervalued. WR15, WR22 last 2 years.
75. Devin Funchess (WR36) -- Benjamin injury gives Funchess a big value bump.
76. Steve Smith Sr. (WR37) -- Turned 36 in May. Should still lead BAL in targets.
77. Eric Decker (WR38) -- Borderline WR3 pick should have some WR1/2 weeks.
78. Arian Foster (RB31) -- Latest reports indicate he could return by Weeks 3-4.
79. Doug Martin (RB32) -- RBBC leader on team with one of NFL's worst O-Lines.
80. Tre Mason (RB33) -- Expected to open season playing ahead of Todd Gurley.
81. Breshad Perriman (WR39) -- Expect slow start after PCL sprain. WR2 upside.
82. Jordan Cameron (TE6) -- Probably my favorite value pick among tight ends.
83. Ben Roethlisberger (QB5) -- Armed with absurd weapons in pass-first attack.
84. Drew Brees (QB6) -- Has lost lots of playmaking ability in pass-catcher corps.
85. Rashad Jennings (RB34) -- Still Giants best all-around back & likely starter.
86. Ryan Mathews (RB35) -- RB3/flex becomes Top-5 RB1 if Murray goes down.
87. Alfred Blue (RB36) -- Set to be Texans bellcow until Arian Foster returns.
88. Kendall Wright (WR40) -- Heavy favorite to lead Titans in catches & yards.
89. Tyler Eifert (TE7) -- In prime position to finish second on Bengals in targets.
90. Brian Quick (WR41) -- ADP still in double-digit rounds. Premier WR sleeper.
91. Joique Bell (RB37) -- Still penciled in as Lions starter.
92. Roddy White (WR42) -- Elbow surgery. Turns 34 soon.
93. Torrey Smith (WR43) -- Likely low-volume deep threat.
94. Isaiah Crowell (RB38) -- Grip on carries is loosening.
95. Brandon LaFell (WR44) -- Has mysterious foot injury.
96. Cam Newton (QB7) -- His value rises if he runs more.
97. Eli Manning (QB8) -- Sneaky top-5 QB1 upside in Giants fast-paced offense.
98. Ryan Tannehill (QB9) -- Last year's overall QB10 has improved every season.
99. Tony Romo (QB10) -- Expect a surge in attempts with run-game regression.
100. Philip Rivers (QB11) -- 30+ TD passes in back-to-back years w/ Mike McCoy.
101. Matt Ryan (QB12) -- Overpriced. Lacks dynamic targets beyond Julio Jones.
102. Julius Thomas (TE8) -- TDs will plummet, but targets should soar with Jags.
103. Tom Brady (QB13) -- Will be a draft steal if his 4-game ban is expunged.
104. Michael Floyd (WR45) -- Low-vol vertical threat coming off ugly hand injury.
105. Pierre Garcon (WR46) -- Redskins seem committed to involving him more.
106. Eddie Royal (WR47) -- Locked-in starter following Kevin White shin surgery.
107. Delanie Walker (TE9) -- Will be comfortable target for Mariota over middle.
108. Danny Woodhead (RB39) -- Was overall RB13 in PPR his last healthy season.
109. Bishop Sankey (RB40) -- Still atop depth chart, but ceiling is leader of RBBC.
110. Giovani Bernard (RB41) -- Scatback/passing-down RB on run-committed team.
111. Matthew Stafford (QB14) -- Best treated as high-end QB2, not QB1 starter.
112. Sam Bradford (QB15) -- Virtual lock for top-10 QB stats if health cooperates.
113. Reggie Bush (RB42) -- Pass-game/change-up back on likely bad 49ers team.
114. Darren McFadden (RB43) -- Likely the 1B back in committee with J. Randle.
115. Devonta Freeman (RB44) -- Best projects as change-up/passing-down back.
116. DeVante Parker (WR48) -- Slow start likely, but Dolphins best talent at WR.
117. David Johnson (RB45) -- A bigger, more athletic version of Andre Ellington.
118. Rueben Randle (WR49) -- A bet against Victor Cruz's health is a bet on Roob.
119. Terrance Williams (WR50) -- Has job security in offense that will throw more.
120. Marvin Jones (WR51) -- Role player, but scored 10 TDs just two seasons ago.
121. David Cobb (RB46) -- Titans best runner, but RBBC member is likely ceiling.
122. Marques Colston (WR52) -- Turned 32 in June. Looked washed up last year.
123. Markus Wheaton (WR53) -- Skeptical of his talent, but opportunity galore.
124. Stevie Johnson (WR54) -- Should be useful WR3/flex during TE Gates' ban.
125. Dwayne Allen (TE10) -- Still the premier red-zone target in Colts offense.
126. Jason Witten (TE11) -- Underrated late TE pick. Cowboys will throw it more.
127. Jay Cutler (QB16) -- Will crush ADP and this ranking if he keeps starting job.
128. Dorial Green-Beckham (WR55) -- Elite talent slowly climbing depth chart.
129. Kyle Rudolph (TE12) -- Arguably best bet to catch TDs in Vikings offense.
130. Roy Helu (RB47) -- Should be PPR asset & fantasy starter if Latavius falters.
131. Knile Davis (RB48) -- Becomes every-week top-10 RB1 if Charles goes down.
132. Teddy Bridgewater (QB17) -- Sharp & efficient in August. Low-QB1 upside.
133. Joe Flacco (QB18) -- Low-upside QB2 with questions in pass-catcher corps.
134. Doug Baldwin (WR56) -- Quality WR4/5 in best ball. Bench depth in re-draft.
135. Michael Crabtree (WR57) -- Reportedly having big camp. Quiet in preseason.
136. Kenny Britt (WR58) -- WR5/6 pick could push for WR3 value if Quick falters.
137. Kenny Stills (WR59) -- Big-play weapon unlikely to sustain re-draft value.
138. Phillip Dorsett (WR60) -- Explosive talent battling Moncrief for third WR job.
139. Antonio Gates (TE13) -- Should return as TD scorer after 4-game suspension.
140. Zach Ertz (TE14) -- Groin surgery torpedoes his chances of overtaking Celek.
141. Richard Rodgers (TE15) -- The sneaky beneficiary of Jordy Nelson's ACL tear.
142. Owen Daniels (TE16) -- How much will Virgil Green eat into his production?
143. Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TE17) -- Has reportedly disappointed at Bucs camp.
144. Brandon Coleman (WR61) -- Could threaten Colston's snaps if he stays hot.
145. Andy Dalton (QB19) -- His weapons are back. Recommended QB2 in MFL10s.
146. Alex Smith (QB20) -- High-floor QB2 with a much-improved supporting cast.
147. Carson Palmer (QB21) -- Coming off second ACL tear while going on age 36.
148. Charles Sims (RB49) -- Will siphon passing-game usage from Doug Martin.
149. Jerick McKinnon (RB50) -- A bet against 30yo Peterson is a bet on McKinnon.
150. Colin Kaepernick (QB22) -- Has gotten worse every year since breakout '12.
151. Jameis Winston (QB23) -- Aggressive passer with great schedule & weapons.
152. Marcus Mariota (QB24) -- Has looked like ROY candidate in preseason games.
153. Andre Williams (RB51) -- Buzz increasing that he could pass Rashad Jennings.
154. Malcom Floyd (WR62) -- Good WR6/7 pick in best ball. Won't help in re-draft.
155. Allen Hurns (WR63) -- Has secured Jaguars No. 2 WR job over Marqise Lee.
156. Victor Cruz (WR64) -- Battling calf injury after last year's patellar tendon tear.
157. Cecil Shorts (WR65) -- Shorts is my pick to finish 2nd on Texans in receiving.
158. Dwayne Bowe (WR66) -- Browns top WR missed most of camp (hamstring).
159. Jeff Janis (WR67) -- Higher-upside late-round dart throw than Montgomery.
160. Greg Jennings (WR68) -- Probably ends up playing more than people expect.
161. Heath Miller (TE18) -- Low-cost investment into one of NFL's top offenses.
162. Jordan Reed (TE19) -- Clear path to starting lineup with Paul & Paulsen out.
163. Vernon Davis (TE20) -- Just a late-round flyer after his abysmal 2014 season.
164. Larry Donnell (TE21) -- Pace stats were just 51-516-3 after Week 4 last year.
165. Charles Clay (TE22) -- Likely to finish 2nd on Bills in targets behind Watkins.
166. Coby Fleener (TE23) -- Will likely be a rotational TE in deep Colts offense.
167. Eric Ebron (TE24) -- I'm in see-it, I'll-believe-it mode in Ebron's second year.
168. Khiry Robinson (RB52) -- Becomes flex play if Ingram or Spiller misses time.
169. Ronnie Hillman (RB53) -- Has been Broncos' best back in preseason games.
170. DeAngelo Williams (RB54) -- Will be a flex option during Le'Veon suspension.
171. Lance Dunbar (RB55) -- Passing-down back in expected 3-way Dallas RBBC.
172. Matt Jones (RB56) -- Preseason monster. Borderline RB1 if Morris goes down.
173. Damien Williams (RB57) -- Second in line for RB work behind Lamar Miller.
174. Cody Latimer (WR69) -- Needs Demaryius or Sanders injury to have value.
175. Percy Harvin (WR70) -- Didn't beat out Robert Woods. Now has a hip injury.
176. Donte Moncrief (WR71) -- Still battling Dorsett for Colts third WR duties.
177. Albert Wilson (WR72) -- Will open season starting opposite Jeremy Maclin.
178. Chris Johnson (RB58) -- Likelier to drain others' value than produce his own.
179. Blake Bortles (QB25) -- Shining again in August. Will it translate this time?
180. Derek Carr (QB26) -- QB2/3 pick in best ball and two-quarterback leagues.
181. Marqise Lee (WR73) -- Always injured. Far behind Hurns in 2nd WR battle.
182. Marquess Wilson (WR74) -- Favorite for 3rd WR duties with Kevin White out.
183. Brian Hartline (WR75) -- Likely to start w/ Dwayne Bowe in Browns 2-WR sets.
184. Cole Beasley (WR76) -- Role will expand as Cowboys play more 3-WR offense.
185. Ty Montgomery (WR77) -- Prefer Janis to Montgomery in Packers 3rd WR tilt.
186. Jared Cook (TE25) -- Solid super-late best-ball pick to round out a 3-TE unit.
187. Corey Brown (WR78) -- Has chance to become starter opposite D. Funchess.
188. Ladarius Green (TE26) -- Could flirt with TE1 stats during Gates' suspension.
189. Buck Allen (RB59) -- Taliaferro multi-week knee injury improves his outlook.
190. Stedman Bailey (WR79) -- Rams best option at No. 3 WR behind Britt/Quick.
191. Ben Watson (TE27) -- Has all but secured Saints TE job ahead of Josh Hill.
192. Jacob Tamme (TE28) -- Appears to have wrapped up Falcons starting TE job.
193. Josh Hill (TE29) -- Not putting heat on Ben Watson for Saints starting TE gig.
194. Denard Robinson (RB60) -- No. 2 in line for Jaguars carries behind Yeldon.
195. Jonas Gray (RB61) -- Appealing Week 1 flex vs. PIT with Blount suspended.
196. Darren Sproles (RB62) -- Averaged just 5.5 touches/game last 13 weeks of '14.
197. Leonard Hankerson (WR80) -- Could pose a threat to Roddy White's snaps.
198. Dan Herron (RB63) -- Favorite over Josh Robinson to back up Frank Gore.
199. Ryan Fitzpatrick (QB27) -- Will be intriguing QB1 streamer vs. weak DEFs.
200. Jerricho Cotchery (WR81) -- Got opportunity bump when Benjamin tore ACL.
Also Considered: Robert Griffin III, Tyrod Taylor, Nick Foles, Johnny Manziel; James Starks, Montee Ball, Chris Polk, Fred Jackson, Terrance West, Theo Riddick, Cameron Artis-Payne, Karlos Williams, Jonathan Grimes, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Josh Robinson, Robert Turbin, Branden Oliver, Jeremy Langford; Andrew Hawkins, Jarius Wright, Reggie Wayne, Harry Douglas, Jermaine Kearse, Chris Matthews, Mohamed Sanu, Hakeem Nicks, Josh Huff, Nate Washington, Justin Hunter, Tyler Lockett, Danny Amendola, Robert Woods, Nick Toon, Tavon Austin, Rod Streater, Jaelen Strong; Virgil Green, Jermaine Gresham, Jace Amaro, Maxx Williams, Mychal Rivera, Clive Walford, Crockett Gillmore, Scott Chandler