- Quick Start Guides
- Getting Started
- Logging In
- Contact Us
Quick Start Guides
- Getting access to NBC Sports Gold.
- Watching content on a connected device.
- Watching content on a desktop computer.
- Watching content on a mobile device.
What devices work with NBC Sports Gold?
NBC Sports Gold is available on iOS and Android phones and tablets, desktop web browsers, Apple TV (Gen 4), Roku*, Amazon Fire TV, AndroidTV, Contour, Contour Stream Player, Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and Chromecast devices connected via HDMI.
* The following Roku devices will no longer be receiving OS updates: Giga, Paolo, Jackson
My device isn't listed as currently supported.
We are adding new devices all the time. Check back periodically to see if your device has been added.
How do I get NBC Sports Gold?
To purchase a subscription to NBC Sports Gold, please visit www.nbcsportsgold.com, select your sports pass of choice and click BUY NOW. Your subscription gives you access across all supported platforms/devices.
How do I find content in my NBC Sports Gold subscription within the NBC Sports App?
NBC Sports Gold will appear as a channel within the NBC Sports App at the bottom of the screen on mobile and tablet devices and at the top of the screen on Connected devices. Once you select the NBC Sports Gold channel, you can view and filter content from your NBC Sports Gold subscriptions.
How do I locate NBC Sports Gold content on my Cox Contour or Contour Stream Player?
Cox customers can easily launch NBC Sports Gold and access any subscriptions purchased by saying “NBC Sports Gold” into the Contour Voice Remote, or by finding NBC Sports Gold in the Apps menu on Contour and Contour Stream Player.
How do I locate NBC Sports Gold content on my Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex?
Xfinity customers can easily launch NBC Sports Gold and access any subscriptions purchased by saying “NBC Sports Gold” into the Xfinity voice remote, or by finding NBC Sports Gold in the Apps menu on X1 and Flex.
How much does NBC Sports Gold cost?
Please find pricing for each sports pass here: https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices. However, the cost will vary depending on the sports pass that is purchased. NBC Sports Gold may also offer discounted rates as the season and year progresses.
Can I watch NBC Sports Gold or download the app outside of The United States?
It depends on the sport subscription that you have purchased. Please see https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices for territory availability.
I downloaded the app, how can I make a purchase?
We do not support in app purchases at this time. You must go to www.nbcsportsgold.com to make your purchase and then use your login email and password on any supported device to enjoy the content.
What are the minimum web browser and/or hardware requirements for viewing video on NBC Sports Gold?
Latest versions of:
*Please note we do not support IE11 on Windows 7.
Broadband connection with at least 5Mbps download speed
What will be the minimum and optimal operating system requirements for using the mobile and tablet applications?
iOS Version 11 and above
iPhone 11, 11 Pro, X, X Max XR, XS
iPhone 8, 8+
iPhone 7, 7+
iPhone 6S, 6S+
iPhone 6, 6+
iPhone 5S, 5C, 5
iPad (5th Generation)
iPhone Air, Air 2
iPad mini 2, 3, 4
OS Version 5.0 or greater
Which sports are currently offered by NBC Sports Gold?
You may see a list of the current offerings and purchase sports passes here: https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices
Can I purchase multiple sports passes on NBC Sports Gold?
Absolutely! Please purchase one sport pass at a time. You can purchase all of the sports here: https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices.
Can I get an NBC Sports Gold subscription without subscribing to a TV package via a cable, satellite, or telco TV provider?
Absolutely! NBC Sports Gold is a standalone streaming service that is purchased online directly from NBC Sports Group and does not require a cable TV package. Please visit https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices to subscribe to NBCSports Gold.
What forms of payment are accepted?
You may use PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
How do I renew my subscription?
Please see https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices for sport passes and subscription periods.
NBC Sports Gold subscriptions automatically renew by the end of the current subscription period. As an annual subscriber, you will receive a notification alerting you of the renewal.
How do I cancel my subscription?
You may cancel your subscription to NBC Sports Gold in your account settings.
Visit the Subscriptions tab on the My Account page. Click to change the status of the Auto-Renew switch to “Off” to disable auto renewal.
If you cancel your subscription, the cancellation will go into effect at the end of the current subscription period. While your sports pass for your current subscription period will remain active, your subscription will not be automatically renewed for the next subscription period. We generally do not provide credit, refunds or prorated billing for subscriptions that are canceled prior to the end of the current subscription period.
Does NBC Sports Gold offer any discounts?
NBC Sports Gold may offer discounted rates as seasons progress.
Can I purchase races, matches or events on a Pay-Per-View basis?
Unfortunately, no. And why limit yourself? A subscription to NBC Sports Gold offers many ‘top shelf’ events, exclusive content and more.
How do I change my subscription or billing information?
Go to https://www.nbcsportsgold.com and log in using the email and password used to create your account and then click on the My Account link.
Does NBC Sports Gold offer a free preview?
A free preview is currently offered for PGA TOUR LIVE on NBC Sports Gold and is available during live event coverage. To sign up for a free preview, you will need to enter a valid email address and create an account with NBC Sports Gold. Once you start a live stream, you have 10 minutes to enjoy content before the free preview window ends. For a list of events, please visit https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/pga-tour-live
Will I be charged when the free preview ends?
No, you will not be charged at the end of the free preview window, unless you choose to purchase a PGA TOUR LIVE subscription on NBC Sports Gold. For more information, please visit https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/pga-tour-live
Can I sign up for a free preview and stream content on my Connected device?
No, the free preview will only be accessible for streaming on the NBC Sports Gold website.
How can I gift a subscription to NBC Sports Gold?
You can visit our gifting page or one of the NBC Sports Gold Sport pages to gift a subscription. Once you click on a subscription to purchase as a gift, you will need to create an account on NBC Sports Gold if you do not already have one. After successfully creating an account, you will be able to enter your recipient’s information, a personal message, and a date for the gift to be sent. On that date, your recipient will receive an email that contains a code to redeem the subscription.
Are all NBC Sports Gold passes available for gifting?
Due to territory restrictions, Blazers Pass and Philly Pass are not eligible to be given as gifts.
How long is the gift subscription good for?
The gift subscription is good for the current subscription period. Subscription period dates are listed on the Sport pages.
Will gift subscriptions be auto-renewed?
No, gift subscriptions will not be auto-renewed.
I bought a Cycling pass as a gift but my recipient wanted TrackPass. Can I exchange the gift?
No, gift subscriptions cannot be refunded or exchanged. If you need additional assistance, please contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com or 833-888-6227.
Can I purchase a gift subscription for someone outside of the U.S.?
No, gift subscriptions can only be purchased and redeemed in the U.S.
I have a Connected device. How do I activate my device to watch?
Once you have purchased a subscription to NBC Sports Gold on our website www.nbcsportsgold.com and sign in with your NBC Sports Gold account to start watching. Please be sure you are using a supported browser from the list below:
Google Chrome: Current version and previous two versions
Internet Explorer: Current version and previous two versions
Firefox: Current version and previous two versions
Safari: Current version and previous two versions
Microsoft Edge: Current version and previous two versions
If I buy a Sport pass, will I have access to replays (on-demand)?
Please see https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices for individual sport replay (on-demand) availability.
For how long will I be able to access content replays?
Typically, subscribers will have access to all current season video replays until the end of the current subscription period. Once the subscription renews, subscribers will not be able to see previous season’s replays. However:
Philly Pass daily programs and pre and post game shows will only be available for 48 hours after airing.
Blazers Pass replays are available up to 48 hours after the game ends (available for the 15 Blazers Pass games)
Will I see event spoilers?
NBC Sports Gold features live events along with highlights and interviews for select events. Please note: Some highlights and interviews may show “spoilers” (e.g., event winner, key moments). In the interest of all subscribers (those who stream live, replays and across time zones), we post much of our video ASAP. All video highlights will be available four (4) hours after the conclusion of each day’s event.
Is the sports content available in High Definition?
Yes, all video content is available in HD.
In what language is the content available?
All sports will be available in English.
I pay for cable, why do I have to pay for this?
NBC Sports Gold is a premium service with exclusive content that cannot be seen on TV. The content on NBC Sports Gold may also complement your TV viewing.
Is closed captioning available?
Closed captioning is supported on some titles and can be turned on by selecting the CC icon on mobile device and computers, or by selecting Closed Captions for other devices.
How do I log in?
Go to www.nbcsportsgold.com. Enter the email address and password you used to create your account. For your security you may be required to create a new password. We will email you a link to create a new password.
I forgot my username and/or password.
Don't worry. Simply click "I forgot my password" on the log in screen at www.nbcsportsgold.com and follow the prompts. We will email you a link to reset your password.
I didn't get the email with the password reset link.
If you received the confirmation message that an email was sent to you, please check your spam folder and add NBC Sports Gold to your safe sender list. If you are still getting errors or experiencing problems try a different browsers and/or devices and always feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need to watch and I can't log in - Help!
Not a problem. Let's try this first - make sure you have the correct username and password. Your username is the email address used to create your account. If you have forgotten your password, don't worry. Simply click "I forgot my password" on the log in screen at www.nbcsportsgold.com and follow the prompts. If problems persist, try a different browser and/or devices and always feel free to contact us at email@example.com
The video on my device keeps buffering or is of poor quality. How can I fix this?
Watching video is available via a 3G or 4G connection, but to experience the highest quality of video, connect to a WiFi signal. You can also improve your video quality by making sure you have installed the latest operating system onto your device. If using wireless internet (WiFi), connect directly to your modem or router with an Ethernet cable.
What do I do when the video doesn't start, and is showing a spinner or black screen, or an error message?
Try the following steps:
1. Allow 3rd party cookies
2. Refresh your browser
3. Upgrade your browser (Older browsers might not be offering you the premium in speed and security to view this content).If you would like the best viewing experience, we recommend that you upgrade to the most recent version of your browser. You can select from the following supported browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Microsoft Edge
4. Update Flash. Our video content is streamed through Adobe® Flash® player.
5. Before installing Adobe Flash, you will need to first uninstall any older versions you currently have running on your computer. To do so, download Adobe's official uninstaller (Make sure to select your correct operating system, and then "Uninstall Flash.")
6. Now that you've uninstalled the older version of AdobeFlash, follow Adobe's instructions for reinstalling the most recent version. The download option is on the right-hand side of the page.
7. Once you have downloaded the file, please exit your browser first, and then install the upgraded version of Adobe Flash to your computer.
8. Finally, open your browser again and return to the video you wish to view. You should now be able to successfully watch videos.
The video stops playing completely.
Try the following steps:
1. Refresh your browser
2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
If the browser you're using or a page you're viewing is displaying problems, try to clear the browser's cache. If that doesn't fix the problem, try to clear the browser's cookies.
I cannot hear any audio.
Try the following steps:
1. Refresh your browser.
If refreshing didn't help, try the following:
1. Adjust the volume control on your computer and speakers.
2. Restart your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
3. Ensure that the volume is turned up on other video players, such as Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media player, as this might affect the video player sound.
If you still have no sound when playing the video, you may want to try the steps below (in order):
1. Install the latest version of Adobe® Flash® after removing any old versions you have installed.
2. Allow third-party Adobe® Flash® content on your computer:
3. Visit the Adobe® Flash® Global Storage Settings Panel.
4. The Adobe® Flash® Player Settings Manager should display.
5. Check the box labeled: "Allow third-party Adobe® Flash® content to store data on your computer."
6. To ensure the check is accepted please click one of the tabs at the top of that box and then click back to the (Global Storage Settings Panel). The box should still be checked.
7. Once this is completed, close all of the browser windows and try re-playing the Live Event.
8. Check your Antivirus and Firewall software to see if you're blocking third party Adobe® Flash® content.
My video is choppy or it keeps on buffering.
Try the following steps:
1. Refresh your browser
2. Quit your browser application entirely (Ctrl+Q in Microsoft Windows or Command+Q in Mac OS), quit all other unnecessary applications running on your computer, and then restart your browser. Avoid using multiple tabs.
3. If using wireless internet (WiFi), connect directly to your modem or router with an Ethernet cable.
Can I pause my video?
You can pause your video, but if the stream ends while you are on pause you will not be able to continue viewing.
I am experiencing issues playing video. Does it matter that I have blocked 3rd party cookies?
Yes, you will need to unblock 3rd party cookies, in order to view videos. In current versions of Firefox, for instance, follow these steps:
1. In the Firefox menu bar, go to Tools > Options
2. In the Options screen, select Privacy
3. Make sure that both "Accept cookies from sites" and "Accept third-party cookies" are checked.
4. In the "Keep until:" dropdown, select either "they expire "or "I close Firefox"
5. Click OK to close the Options screen.
6. Force-reload the page by doing Shift-Reload (Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard, while clicking the Reload button in the browser's button bar.)
The videos should now play successfully
I get a "Video not loading" error that doesn't go away. What do I do?
Try the following steps:
1. Check your 3rd party cookies. You need them enabled (in Firefox, Chrome and Safari you set it directly, in IE you need to set a privacy level of "Medium High" or lower)
2. Check to see if you have an anti-virus, anti-malware or other proxy software (such as Net Nanny) running on your machine or corporate/campus network that may be blocking (or impacting) access to the streams.