ALCS Game 1 lineups: Yankees vs. Rangers
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS tonight:
NEW YORK YANKEES TEXAS RANGERS
1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS
2. Nick Swisher, RF 2. Michael Young, 3B
3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF
4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH
5. Robinson Cano, 2B 5. Nelson Cruz, LF
6. Marcus Thames, DH 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B
7. Jorge Posada, C 7. Jeff Francoeur, RF
8. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Matt Treanor, C
9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Jorge Cantu, 1B
That’s the same lineup the Yankees used against left-handed starters Francisco Liriano and Brian Duensing in their ALDS sweep of the Twins. Marcus Thames gets the nod over Lance Berkman at designated hitter, with Curtis Granderson and Brett Gardner both in the lineup against a lefty while Austin Kearns rides the bench.
Rangers manager Ron Washington is turning back to Jorge Cantu after he sat out Game 5 of the ALDS against left-hander David Price. Matt Treanor draws the start behind the plate over Bengie Molina because he’s essentially C.J. Wilson’s personal catcher.