Route finalized for 25th Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America
The Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America has announced its official route and celebrity riders for this year’s motorcycle journey to raise funds for the Victory Junction Camp.
The charity ride will celebrate its 25th anniversary with its longest route yet, starting in Seattle, Washington, on May 3 and ending in Key Largo, Florida, on May 11.
Petty and 250 participants, including more than 30 new riders, will travel through 11 states and cover nearly 3,700 miles to raise funds and awareness for Victory Junction, a camp dedicated to providing life-changing camping experiences for children with chronic or life-threatening illnesses.
Here is the schedule and route:
- Day 1, Friday, May 3 – Seattle, Washington to Ontario, Oregon
- Day 2, Saturday, May 4 – Ontario, Oregon to Orem-Provo, Utah
- Day 3, Sunday, May 5 – Orem-Provo, Utah to Glenwood Springs, Colorado
- Day 4, Monday, May 6 – Glenwood Springs, Colorado to Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Day 5, Tuesday, May 7 – Santa Fe, New Mexico to Childress, Texas
- Day 6, Wednesday, May 8 – Childress, Texas to Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana
- Day 7, Thursday, May 9 – Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana to Pensacola Beach, Florida
- Day 8, Friday, May 10 – Pensacola Beach, Florida to Tampa, Florida
- Day 9, Saturday, May 11 – Tampa, Florida to Key Largo, Florida
Participants in this year’s ride include former NASCAR drivers Richard Petty, Harry Gant, Hershel McGriff and Donnie Allison; current NASCAR driver David Ragan; former Formula 1, IndyCar and NASCAR driver Max Papis; former NFL great and Heisman Trophy winner (1982) Herschel Walker; Heisman Trophy winner (1980) and Super Bowl champion (XXII) George Rogers; and NBC Sports NASCAR personalities Krista Voda, Rutledge Wood and Rick Allen.
“It’s hard to believe it’s been 25 years since the Ride started,” Kyle Petty said in a release. “What started as just a few friends riding motorcycles to racetracks around the country has turned into something so much bigger than I could’ve ever imagined.
“Because of our sponsors, fans and the people who participate in this Ride, whether they’re veteran participants or first-timers, so many deserving kids get to have the time of their life at Victory Junction each year.”