Friday And-1 links: Training camp notes... and JaVale Mcgee
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• JaVale McGee on a Segway, riding a rainbow road. Some days the Internet amazes you. Thank you, The Basketball Jones.
• Three Magic players will be out for at least the start of training camp: Al Harrington is fighting a toe injury; Moe Harkless is not fully recovered from hernia surgery; and Ish Smith had shoulder surgery and is not yet recovered.
• Charles Barkley is making headlines talking Tiger Woods.
• Delonte West is back in the recording studio, laying down hip hop tracks.
• Which is better than this — a 7-minute freestyle rap about Steve Nash and Goran Dragic.
• The Raptors are bringing in guard Jerel McNeal and forward Chris Wright as training camp fodder.
• Heat guard Norris Cole Norris Cole suffered what is described as a minor groin injury. He is expected to be fine for training camp.
• Former Nets lottery pick Terrence Williams agreed to an NBA minimum, non-guaranteed contract with the Detroit Pistons. Don’t bet on him making the final roster.
• Andre Emmett reached an agreement to come to camp with the Bulls.
• Othello Hunter reached a deal to play next season with CB Valladolid in Spain.
• The Shanghai Sharks are “moving in” on a deal with D.J. White, reports to ESPN’s Marc Stein.