NBA overseas roundup: Joakim Noah considering Paris stop
With the NBA labor talks blowing up, more and more NBA players are trying to find their way overseas to earn a paycheck. Here is a roundup of the latest rumors — but remember they are rumors so take a few grains of salt with them.
• Bulls big man Joakim Noah confirmed that he is seriously considering playing for Paris-Levallois (the team he rooted for growing up). He’d be joining the crowd, pretty much every French star has already returned to play there, including Tony Parker and Nicholas Batum.
• Linas Kleiza has denied that close to joining Lietuvos Rytas in Lithuania. We tend to believe him — he had microfracture surgery back in February. He’s likely going to take longer to get back on the court, not rush back to play for less money in Lithuania.
• Suns guard Aaron Brooks has reached an agreement to play for the Guangdong Southern Tigers in China, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. That is Yi Jianlian’s team and they reportedly had been after Rodney Stuckey as well, according to Sheridanhoops.com. One would think that with Brooks they wouldn’t want Stuckey, too, but maybe. More interesting in all of this is the Suns wanted to bring Brooks back t backup Steve Nash, now they can’t if the lockout gets solved in time for a season (Brooks is in China until March).
• Andres Nocioni has signed to play in Argentina — but without insurance for his NBA deal. That means if he suffered an injury and was not able to play whenever the lockout ends, the 76ers could cut him and he would be out the $14.2 million he is owed on his last deal.
• Tiago Splitter made the latest rumors official and signed with Valencia.
• DeAndre Jordan, who shot down an offer from the Zhejiang Lions in China last month, is being talked to again to see if he has changed his mind, reports Sheridanhoops.com.
• Luther Head has signed to play with Jiangsu in China, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski. Head is the kind of borderline NBA player now that should have made this move at the start of the season. If the NBA ever gets going he could return to the league in March when the Chinese league is done.