Report: Clippers stalling with DeAndre Jordan as Mavericks await their turn with center
The Clippers – including Doc Rivers, Steve Ballmer, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, J.J. Redick and Paul Pierce – reportedly met with DeAndre Jordan today about flipping the center’s commitment to the Mavericks.
Dallas owner Mark Cuban wants his turn with Jordan, but the Clippers apparently aren’t accommodating.
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
This is a soap opera. Meeting over, sources say, but LAC stalling, staying with DeAndre because they know Mark Cuban just landed n Houston.— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 8, 2015
Clippers stalling, trying to keep DeAndre away from meeting with Cuban— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 8, 2015
Ken Berger of CBSSports.com:
Meanwhile, Mark Cuban and Chandler Parsons are supposed to be meeting with Jordan within the hour, source says.— Ken Berger (@KBergNBA) July 8, 2015
This saga just gets better and better.
- Jordan: Well, I better be going now.
- Rivers: Did I mention how many plays will feature you on offense?
- Jordan: Yeah, you did.
- Rivers: But did I go over each in detail?
- Jordan: Well, not exactly…
- Rivers: Great! Let’s do that. Let’s start with a 1-5 pick-and-roll…
An hour later:
- Jordan: OK, coach. That was great, but now I really ought to go.
- Griffin: Hey, where’s the bathroom around here?
- Jordan: Around the corner.
- Griffin: Great. I’ll be just a minute.
Fifteen minutes later:
- Jordan: OK, this is getting ridiculous. I’ve got to go.
- Paul: [lifts hand for high-five]