Tuesday And-1 links: Joe Johnson wants the rock more
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Joe Johnson wants more touches in the Hawks offense. He only had 8 shots in the Hawks Game 4 loss to Boston, but he had 28 in the Hawks Game 3 loss. I see a pattern here....
• Memphis players thought they could grind out wins against the Clippers in the playoffs, but the Clippers have matched them (and have Chris Paul to close).
• For those of you who don’t think Chris Paul flops a lot, here he is flopping when touched by a referee.
• What’s it like to have an ACL injury and go through rehab? Here is a first-hand account from Dan Grunfeld (son of Ernie), who had it happen to him at Stanford.
• Bacon on a stick with the other end of that stick in a beer... I have got to take in a game at Camden Yards this summer.
• Fun little stat (unless you’re a Pacers fan) — Paul George is 0-13 from three-point range in the playoffs.
• The Oklahoma City Thunder need Kendrick Perkins to be healthy next round, especially against that Lakers front line.
• Someone already got the new Brooklyn Nets logo shaved into their head.
• What lies ahead in the Sacramento arena battle with the Maloofs... does anyone think they are not going to file for relocation? Anyone?
• One of the reasons the Raptors should be more optimistic about next season is they get Jonas Valanciunas, the No. 5 pick last year, to come to them from Europe. But expect the Raptors to ease him in, not throw him to the wolves.
• Don’t count on Kansas forward Thomas Robinson landing in Washington on draft night.
• How did Nene fit in with the Wizards and where do they go from here.
• The Kings will make a qualifying offer to Jason Thompson, allowing them to keep the young forward.
• DeMar DeRozan got an invite to be part of the USA Select Team this summer (the team of young players there to push Team USA during training camp for the Olympics).
• The Bucks Luc Richard Mbah a Moute has surgery for tendonitis in his right knee.
• Cleveland’s Alonzo Gee, a restricted free agent this summer, is drawing interest from the Phoenix Suns