Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up

Report: Nelson Agholor won’t face charges

Washington Redskins v Philadelphia Eagles

PHILADELPHIA, PA - DECEMBER 26: Nelson Agholor #17 of the Philadelphia Eagles reacts after dropping a catch in the endzone against the Washington Redskins on December 26, 2015 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Mitchell Leff/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Eagles receiver Nelson Agholor has been informed that he won’t face prosecution for sexual assault, according to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News.

Specifically, Bowen reports that “a source close to the situation, though not involved in the investigation, said Thursday that he was told Agholor will not be charged.” (Welcome to the Dark Side, Les, where multiple sources and and non-reliance on hearsay went the way of Luke Skywalker’s hand a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.)

An announcement is expected soon, according to what the source close to the situation, though not involved in the investigation, was told.

Agholor was accused of sexually assaulting a dancer at Cheerleaders Gentlemen’s Club on the same day the Eagles concluded their mandatory minicamp last month.

Even if Agholor isn’t charged, he could still face scrutiny from the NFL under the Personal Conduct Policy, which was beefed up in 2014 to disregard the outcome of the criminal justice system and to investigate allegations against a player under the much lower proof standard of “more likely than not.”

Agholor also could be sued in civil court, which uses the same standard that the league uses in its investigations.