Discuss: Blackhawks wear down Red Wings
Published May 15, 2013 06:42 PM
The Chicago Blackhawks won their 800th all-time meeting against the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday, taking a 1-0 series lead by a score of 4-1.
Let’s chat about Game 1.
- For Blackhawks fans: how nervous were you about Jimmy Howard stealing a game when it was still 1-1 in the third period?
- Howard stopped 38 out of 41 shots (one goal was an empty-netter), showing casual fans why the Red Wings gave him that big contract extension. Can he be enough of a difference-maker for Detroit to win this series?
- Speaking of goalies, what book do you think Corey Crawford was reading the second period (he faced just five shots on goal then)?
- Which Red Wings player(s) need to step up the most in Game 2? Is this a matter of star players picking things up or do they simply need more help in a star-studded series?
- Patrick Kane isn’t exactly laboring out there with six assists in as many games, but is there any concern about his goal-scoring struggles? He narrowly missed scoring an empty-netter, for example.
- Tough question of the night: who’s the best player on the ice in this series? So many choices ...