Discuss: Flyers’ shocking OT win over Penguins
The Philadelphia Flyers looked left for dead when the Pittsburgh Penguins opened up Game 1 with a 3-0 lead, but Peter Laviolette’s bunch is pretty comfortable bucking conventional wisdom. Danny Briere scored two goals - including one obviously divisive one - to make it a game. The Flyers’ young guns then came through as Brayden Schenn tied it up and Jakub “Baby Jagr” Voracek won it 4-3 about two and a half minutes into overtime.
Here are a few things to chew on, then:
- The Flyers showed that they can roll with the punches. How will the Penguins react in Game 2?
- Speaking of reactions, did Dan Bylsma take his foot off the gas pedal or did Philly just overwhelm Pittsburgh with crafty play?
- Sidney Crosby scored a goal and an assist but Evgeni Malkin was held without a point. Will Geno start to feel some heat if he has a quiet Game 2?
- Should the Penguins make stopping Danny Briere a bigger priority than shutting down Claude Giroux? Or is it flat-out pointless to micromanage too much against a team as explosive as the Flyers?
- Ilya Bryzgalov was able to shake off a tough start, but is he the right “guy” for Philly?
- How long will it take you to get tired of that Briere offside goal? Are you already sick of it?