NHL, adidas go ‘Reverse Retro’ with latest jersey designs
NHL teams will have a new set of jerseys to choose from whenever next season gets under way.
On Monday, adidas and the NHL revealed the “reverse retro” looks for all 31 teams. It is a mixed batch of winners, losers, and nods to the past.
From the NHL:
According to the NHL, the jerseys will be worn “multiple” times during the 2020-21 season “with special head-to-head matchups featuring exciting and renewed rivalries – both old and new – the league will announce at a later date.”
We’ll get to “remember the Whale” again, think about the Nordiques, praise Lady Liberty, and recall Wild Wing.
[NHL Power Rankings: Ranking the 31 reverse retro jerseys]
Here’s a look at all 31 NHL Reverse Retro jerseys:
• Cannot wait to break out the Brass Bonanza!
• How beautiful are those Sabres jerseys? Amazing how you can go from the “turd burgers” to those in the span of a few years. (But let’s get rid of that BUFFALO on the bottom, ok?)
• LA should wear purple and gold all the time. Really, it should be against the league’s by-laws for the Kings to wear anything else.
• The Wild design could have always worked as their Winter Classic jerseys.
• Of all the different ways the Ducks could have gone retro and they go with that one?
• What’s a yellow Bruins jersey without Pooh Bear?
• The Coyotes’ jerseys are what you look for in an alternate: creative, colorful, and out there.
• The Penguins should have gone with the RoboPenguin logo and not the old “Gin and Juice” diagonal PITTSBURGH.
• There’s a lot of....red....in the Blues’ jerseys.
• The Lady Liberty logo is an all-time underrated one. Glad to see the Rangers bringing it back.
• The Christmas Devils jerseys are back!
• Nice of the Predators and Islanders to put in all that effort into a new design.
What do you think? Which ones are your favorites? Which do you think are the stinkers?