The official Portland Thorns FC roster is set ahead of Friday's opener against KC NWSL.
The team announced the following roster Monday.
- Goalkeepers (3): Bella Bixby, Adrianna Franch (Allocated), Shelby Hogan
- Defenders (8): Kelli Hubly, Meghan Klingenberg, Natalia Kuikka (International), Emily Menges, Meaghan Nally, Madison Pogarch, Becky Sauerbrunn (Allocated), Christen Westphal
- Midfielders (6): Celeste Boureille, Crystal Dunn, Lindsey Horan, Rocky Rodríguez, Angela Salem, Christine Sinclair (Allocated)
- Forwards (5): Simone Charley, Marissa Everett, Tyler Lussi, Sophia Smith (Allocated), Morgan Weaver
During the 2021 Challenge Cup, Portland will play in the West Divison along with Chicago, Houston, Kansas City, and OL Reign.
Here is the Thorns Challenge Cup schedule.
- Friday, April 9th: KC NWSL, 7:30 p.m. PT, Paramount+
- Tuesday, April 15th: @ Chicago Red Stars, 4:30 p.m. PT, Paramount+
- Wednesday, April 21st: OL Reign, 7:00 p.m., CBS Sports Network
- Sunday, May 2nd: @ Houston Dash, 4:30 p.m. PT, Paramount+
The leaders of the West and East Divisions will play in the Championship game on May 8th.
Following the Challenge Cup, the NWSL will begin its 24-game regular-season schedule with opening day scheduled for May 15. The league will not break for the 2021 Summer Olympics and the regular season will conclude on Oct. 30. A complete regular-season schedule will be announced at a later date
Six teams will qualify for an expanded NWSL playoffs set to begin on Nov. 6, with the top two seeds receiving a first-round bye. The league’s ninth season will conclude with the NWSL Championship on Nov. 20.