The Trail Blazers are looking to start off their eight seeding games with two straight wins when they face the Boston Celtics Sunday.
Portland beat Memphis in an overtime thriller, 140-35 Friday in big thanks to CJ McCollum’s 33 points and the Blazers sharing the wealth on the offensive end. As a team Portland finished with 27 assists.
You can watch Sunday’s Blazers-Celtics game on NBC Sports Northwest, the Official Network of the Portland Trail Blazers. Our coverage starts at 10:00a.m with ‘Blazers Game Day’ followed by ‘Blazers Warm-up’ at 11:30a.m. and the Blazers Pregame Show at 12:00p.m.
Portland’s Eight Seeding Games Schedule:
- Sunday, Aug. 2 vs. Boston Celtics
- Tuesday, Aug. 4 vs. Houston Rockets
- Thursday, Aug. 6 vs. Denver Nuggets
- Saturday, Aug. 8 vs. LA Clippers
- Sunday, Aug. 9 vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 vs. Dallas Mavericks
- Thursday, Aug. 13 vs. Brooklyn Nets
Blazers guard Jaylen Adams (low back pain) is questionable for Sunday’s game vs. Boston.
The Celtics have no injuries to report.
[Listen to the latest Talkin’ Blazers Podcast as special guest Bill Walton joins hosts Channing Frye and Dan Sheldon]:
Quote of the Week:
The Trail Blazers played their first game in over four months in a 140-135 overtime win against the Memphis Grizzlies, who hold the eighth spot in the Western Conference.
With seven more seeding games to go, Blazers head coach Terry Stotts discussed after Friday’s win that they are already in postseason mode:
This is playoff basketball for us. We have that pressure on us. You can't shy away from it when you are in our position. -- Blazers coach Terry Stotts
Top Game Notes:
- All-Time: Celtics lead, 68-47
- Last Meeting: The Celtics defeated the Trail Blazers at Moda Center on Feb. 25, 118-106.
- Jusuc Nurkic had 16 points (5-10 FG, 6-6 FT), six rebounds, three assists, one steal and two blocks in his last outing against Boston on Feb. 27, 2019. In his last four games against the Celtics, Nurkic has averaged 14.8 points and 9.5 rebounds.
- CJ McCollum has scored at least 20 points in five of his last seven games against Boston. He has reached double figures in all 11 of his career games against the Celtics.
- In his last six games against the Celtics, Damian Lillard has averaged 25.8 points, 4.7 rebounds and 7.8 assists. He made at least two three-pointers in each of those six games.
- Hassan Whiteside recorded 18 points (8-12 FG, 1-1 3-PT, 1-3 FT), 19 rebounds, three assists and one block against the Celtics on Feb. 25. • Carmelo Anthony had 14 points on 5-of-14 shooting (2-6 3-PT, 2-2 FT) to go with two rebounds, one assist and one steal against Boston on Feb. 25.
- Jayson Tatum has averaged 21.4 points (51.3% FG, 57.1% 3-PT, 92.9% FT), 4.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists in six career games against Portland. His scoring average against the Trail Blazers is his third-highest against any opponent.
- Jaylen Brown scored 24 points (8-19 FG, 3-7 3-PT, 5-5 FT) to go with seven rebounds and two assists at Portland on Feb. 25. He has scored in double figures in four of his six career games against the Trail Blazers.