Nearly 48 hours after Branden Jackson was knocked unconscious on the CenturyLink Field turf, the Seahawks defensive end returned to the team’s practice facility in Renton to attend team meetings.
Jackson left Saturday’s scrimmage game in an ambulance after a helmet-to-helmet collision with Cedric Ogbuehi. The 27-year-old defensive end was down on the field for several minutes following the incident with his teammate, but had feeling and movement in his extremities at the time.
Pete Carroll said Monday that Jackson is still “recovering from such a big smack,” and there’s currently no timetable for his return to the practice field.
“There's some concerns that they're going to check out to make sure we're really clear on, so it's going to take us little bit of time,” Carroll said. “We're going to be very deliberate about taking time. Any time you get hit in the head like that, we've got to make sure we take all of the time that it takes and all of the considerations."
Jackson, a four-year pro, has been in the mix competing for one of the Seahawks’ rotational defensive end spots. After going undrafted out of Texas Tech, Jackson spent two seasons with the Raiders before arriving in Seattle in 2017. Jackson was tendered earlier in the offseason before being cut by the Seahawks. Seattle then brought him back on a one-year deal in July.
The Seahawks ended Saturday’s mock game early following Jackson’s exit. Seattle is expected to hold the second to two game scrimmages on Wednesday.
[Listen to the latest Talkin’ Seahawks Podcast with host Joe Fann and special guest Evan Silva].